Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Fort McMurray Location is seeking an experienced Ground Service Equipment (GSE) Mechanic/Facility Maintenance Technician to support our growing and diverse operations.
- Provide prompt response to equipment service requests.
- GSE Equipment, De-Icing Truck, Fuel Truck and Fleet Vehicle Maintenance. (Monthly/PMs/Breakdown Repairs/Periodic Inspections/Preventative Maintenance)
- Update records and conduct road tests on vehicles after maintenance.
- Diagnose potential vehicle malfunctions for the purpose of determining needed vehicle repairs and/or replacements.
- Obtain quotations for various jobs related to EFC Fleets.
- Coordinate with Fleet Manager in Edmonton and discuss repairs on diagnosed malfunctions.
- Reads and interprets diagnostic trouble codes, manuals, drawings and specifications.
- Reads and interprets wiring diagrams, blueprints, sketches and rough drawings.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are observed and respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- De-Icing, Fuel Farm and Ramp Operation as required.
- Inventory control of parts, tools and supplies.
- Coordinate/complete equipment repairs and repairs on company facilities/buildings as required.
- Manages Snow Removal Operation including training of snow removal equipment (ie. Skidsteer, Case Tractor, etc.).
- Coordinate with Operations Manager/Managing Director for PO issuance.
- Coordinate with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Maintain tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Work with outside vendors and contractors as required.
- Work within the local station maintenance budget.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a provincial technician license
- Two to Three years of experience in general automotive with some heavy equipment maintenance preferred
- Must possess adequate set of mechanical tools
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean abstract
- Must be able to obtain an airport security clearance which includes an extensive check of your last 5 years of employment, criminal record and residence history
- Must be able to lift up to 32 kg in confined spaces
- Must be able to lift heavy objects over head for extended periods of time
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Have some knowledge of Facility up keep and repairs
- Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends and holidays
- Computer skills required
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice and during non-routine operations
- Some travel maybe required
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.