Executive Flight Centre Developments (“EFC Developments”) was created to offer a full spectrum of real estate development and tenant management services to aviation focused clients. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, our services include initial facility design consultation through to the leasing of existing office or hangar/terminal space. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Calgary Head Office is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent to support our growing and diverse operations.
This position demands an energetic, motivated and disciplined individual responsible for the supervision of all construction activities that take place on the work site, ensuring consistently high standards of workmanship, safety and efficiency are met or exceeded.
The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for the management of all on-site construction workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. The Construction Site Superintendent shall ensure the efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such this as personnel, costs and safety. Other responsibilities will include the planning and scheduling of work, maintenance of records for all materials used and the progress made on a job.
- Assisting the Construction Manager with the initial mobilization and set up of the construction site.
- Ensure the efficient use of labour, machines and materials used by the crew.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship, safety and efficiency.
- Take an active role in the selection, training, assignment and supervision of project staff, including monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
- Manage and promote the overall site safety program as required, including; subcontractor compliance with standards, Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP) and all applicable Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) acts, regulations and codes.
- Manage work on site and collaborate with the project team to ensure project(s) are built according to the approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes.
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained in compliance with the Project Quality Program (PQP).
- Manage all project administration activities including; timekeeping, purchase order coding and safety reporting.
- Establish effective on-site communications and progress reporting with sub trades and clients.
- Develop, maintain and drive the construction schedule; ensure project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Coordinate the daily activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Strategically plan and implement manpower levels, material quantities and ensure proper equipment and trades are available as required.
- Lead project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project(s) ongoing progression.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Mentor project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Monitor job progress and costs, and provide regular progress reporting to management.
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Ensure exceptional customer service and a pleasurable client experience.
- Ensure compliance with the EFC Developments health and safety training and reporting requirements and all applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes.
- Other duties as required.
- Construction related degree/diploma or industry related trade certification/education is required.
- 3 to 8 years’ experience as a Superintendent on medium to large scope, multi-million dollar commercial construction projects.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality and consistently delivering projects on time and within the budget.
- Working knowledge of scheduling, project management and construction contracts.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret stakeholders needs and identify solutions.
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations, and create solutions for construction plan and schedule.
- Skilled at promoting team work and managing other resources (people, trades, material, equipment).
- A Security Clearance is required as a condition of employment.
Executive Flight Centre Developments offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcdev.ca for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities within EFC Developments.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre Developments; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Executive Flight Centre has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, EFC has...