The Ramp Agent will be supporting all ground handling operations, de-icing applications and possibly some fueling situations. The Ramp Agent is accountable for all areas of aircraft ground handling and is required to operate in a safe and efficient manner and as directed by the Ramp Supervisor
The Ramp Agent will focus on strengths and weaknesses and developing a plan in a team environment to address any needed changes. The role will be responsible for individual commitment to in the pursuit of consistently high Ramp Agent operations
uties & Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence of corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Plan, design and perform ramp services according to the standards set by Executive Flight Centre.
- Load and unload aircraft
- Marshall and chock aircraft
- Provide a variety of servicing on aircraft
- Assist in field maintenance, primarily on the apron and around the building entrances for snow clearing and grass cutting
- Direct passengers on the apron as instructed by passenger service agents
- Ensures correct baggage loading information is given to each aircraft, including any ballast concerns
- Operate all ground service equipment
- Maintain safety standards and care of GSE.
- Perform audits on handling, safety and security as required and involvement in implementation regarding cargo and aircraft handling.
- Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
- Plan and prioritize work for self
- Participate in one-on-one and/or small group training presentations for ground handling on service activities and established policies and procedures
- Provide award-winning ground handling; build quality relationships with customers, suggest new services
- Ensure you are compliant to OSHE standards
- Troubleshoot issues within the ground handling process.
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- A certificate or diploma in a related field an asset
- Minimum - 18 years of age
- Valid class 5 driver’s license – No Graduated Driver’s License
- Ability to work inclement weather and extended shifts
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Airport Security Clearance
- Type of Driver's Record: Driver's Abstract
- First Aid and CPR an asset
- Basic mathematics skills
- Strong Ramp Agent and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills
- Professional appearance and manners
- Experience in all aspects of ground handling and people management
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with word, excel, etc., courses provided if necessary
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Approved overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 75 lbs may be required
- Working in all types of weather conditions
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
Please note that this is a Fort McMurray based position. The successful candidates MUST be living in Fort McMurray or relocate to Fort McMurray at their own expense.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Executive Flight Centre has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, EFC has...