The Ramp Agent will be supporting all ground handling operations, de-icing applications and possibly some fueling situations. The Ramp Agent is accountable for all areas of aircraft ground handling and is required to operate in a safe and efficient manner and as directed by the Ramp Supervisor
The Ramp Agent will focus on strengths and weaknesses and developing a plan in a team environment to address any needed changes. The role will be responsible for individual commitment to in the pursuit of consistently high Ramp Agent operations
uties & Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence of corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Plan, design and perform ramp services according to the standards set by Executive Flight Centre.
- Load and unload aircraft
- Marshall and chock aircraft
- Provide a variety of servicing on aircraft
- Assist in field maintenance, primarily on the apron and around the building entrances for snow clearing and grass cutting
- Direct passengers on the apron as instructed by passenger service agents
- Ensures correct baggage loading information is given to each aircraft, including any ballast concerns
- Operate all ground service equipment
- Maintain safety standards and care of GSE.
- Perform audits on handling, safety and security as required and involvement in implementation regarding cargo and aircraft handling.
- Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
- Plan and prioritize work for self
- Participate in one-on-one and/or small group training presentations for ground handling on service activities and established policies and procedures
- Provide award-winning ground handling; build quality relationships with customers, suggest new services
- Ensure you are compliant to OSHE standards
- Troubleshoot issues within the ground handling process.
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- A certificate or diploma in a related field an asset
- Minimum - 18 years of age
- Valid class 5 driver’s license – No Graduated Driver’s License
- Ability to work inclement weather and extended shifts
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Airport Security Clearance
- Type of Driver's Record: Driver's Abstract
- First Aid and CPR an asset
- Basic mathematics skills
- Strong Ramp Agent and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills
- Professional appearance and manners
- Experience in all aspects of ground handling and people management
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with word, excel, etc., courses provided if necessary
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Approved overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 75 lbs may be required
- Working in all types of weather conditions
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
Please note that this is a Fort McMurray based position. The successful candidates MUST be living in Fort McMurray or relocate to Fort McMurray at their own expense.
Executive Flight Centre has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, EFC has...