Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Revelstoke location is seeking an experienced Truck Driver to support our growing and diverse operations for a seasonal term position. This position will be on an on-call and as-needed basis.
- Operate a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 GVW to transport and deliver goods.
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations. Assist in loading and unloading of trucks.
- Perform trip inspections on equipment operated and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness.
- Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, customs and immigration and weights and dimensions.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, bills of lading, etc. by manual or electronic means.
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements.
- Deliver to product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up.
- Provide feedback to supervisor regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems.
- Maintain trucks overall service and perform required inspections.
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Train others when required.
- Ensure exceptional customer service and a pleasurable client experience.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety programs and Quality Systems
- Other duties as required.
- Certification from recognized Truck Driving School.
- Class 1 license.
- Air brake endorsement (Z).
- Defensive Driving Course.
- Minimum of 3 years off highway experience.
- Computer Literate.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident, consistent decisive personality.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.