Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Fort McMurray location is seeking an experienced Aviation Professional as Base Director to support our growing and diverse operations.
The Base Director is responsible for the overall day-to-day, safe, efficient and effective operations and management of our Fuel, FBO, Air Carrier Ground Operations and Industrial Charter Terminal Facilities.
- Manage and oversee all operational aspects and ensure the safe and efficient operation of EFC’s FBO, Fuel, Air Carrier and Industrial Charter Terminal and Facilities at YMM.
- Ensure all regulatory, legislative and industry standards are met.
- Provide direction to YMM Mangers and staff.
- Oversee all fuelling operations, providing records of sales, Quality Assurance and sufficient supply.
- Prepare and manage the annual budgets and control expenditures, working within the parameters of approved budgets.
- Document and provide detailed, current records and reports of Base activities.
- Develop and maintain plans for the promotion and marketing of the EFC’s Base at YMM.
- Develop long term equipment and facility plans for the Base.
- Establish and maintain proper procedures and guidelines for handling hazards, concerns, and emergency situations.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits of the Base Operations, Fuel Facilities and Equipment, identifying and rectifying any hazards or concerns identified.
- Ensure Base is properly maintained in all weather conditions and all equipment and facilities are in good working order.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with all customers, senior management, tenants, leaseholders, community members and other key stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador for the EFC, attending functions as required.
- Efficiently and effectively respond, direct and analyze customer or public inquires and concerns.
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Meet regularly with department heads and senior management, facilitating resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the department.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, terminations, time and attendance and performance management.
- Support ongoing development of positive morale and culture by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Analyze and report on the daily, monthly and annual Base key performance indicators and industry trends.
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the Base.
- Negotiate contracts with customers.
- Measure and monitor key customer service areas.
- Review and use the monthly statements to ensure expense control and proactively plan service and sales goals.
- Examines reports (e.g., inventory, sales and daily operational reports) to determine the operational activities of the Base and ensure optimum performance.
- Manage and oversee commuter travel and employee accommodations.
- Ensure exceptional customer service and a pleasurable client experience.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety programs and Quality Systems
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in the areas of Business Administration or Aviation Management is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive levels of responsibility related to aviation, FBO, air carrier operations or Fuel management experience.
- Demonstrated management and leadership capabilities.
- Highly developed understanding of industry regulations, standards and best practices.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with competing priorities and to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with multiple software applications.
- Demonstrated marketing, accounting and budgeting experience.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused and service driven.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain an airport security clearance.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Executive Flight Centre
Fort McMurray, AB
Executive Flight Centre
- 30+ days ago
Executive Flight Centre has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, EFC has...