The Senior Electrical Designer will participate in all areas and phases of small and mid-sized projects from inception to completion. This position reports to the I&C Manager and will assist with leading and mentoring junior staff on various projects.
- Perform Cable calculations
- Perform Lighting modelling
- LV, HV, control and lighting schematics design layout and final design with minimal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral AutoCAD Standards are being followed
- Final load list review or preparation
- Prepare or confirm all equipment selections using Integral selection procedures
- Coordinate electrical and mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team Lead design of Control and PLC panels
- Development of PLC wiring diagrams and motor control schematics (including VFDs and Soft Starters)
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project manager and/or P.I.C. (Including field reviews to monitor project construction status)
- Attend field reviews/meetings with clients
- Review/supervise drafting, prepare/review markups
- Area classification design and review
- At least two (2) years AutoCAD experience
- At least 5 years design experience
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of electrical building services engineering codes.
- Ability to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both inside and outside the office
- Proficiency in coaching/teaching
- Able to “sketch” ideas
Excelsior Engineering is an organization that puts employees first. We believe if we take care of our employees, our employees will take care of our clients. Our unique culture places an emphasis on family and helping others, and our employees regularly volunteer and contribute to charity. Our competitive base salary, bonus, and employer paid benefits are great, but it’s the extra perks that really make Excelsior a first rate employer. We offer 1st and 3rd Friday’s off, snack and chat sessions, a wellness fund, corporate challenge opportunities, regular social events, ping pong tournaments, pot lucks….the list goes on and on. And if that’s not enough, we also have some exciting project opportunities; including several waste heat to power projects, which are just the start of our potential. Put your experience to work and join our team!
Indeed - 14 months ago
Excelsior Engineering is a Mid sized EPCM upstream oil and gas facilities engineering firm located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We...