Are you ready to start the next chapter of your Engineering career? Do you want to be excited to come to work every day? What about the opportunity to be a vital part of an organization? If its time for you to step out and step up; this may be the right move for you!
The Project Engineering Manager will lead our engineering department and serve as an integral member of our management team, assisting in the development and implementation of our strategic vision as we enter into a phase of significant growth. The successful candidate will demonstrate cross-functional expertise and leadership skills in order to provide value to our clients, while meeting our business strategy and goals. Candidates must have 10+ years of EPC experience, with at least five years successfully leading projects and people.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Participating as a member of the Management team in the formulation and execution of the corporate vision, strategy and development objectives
- In collaboration with the Management team, define, establish and execute key indicators for competitive performance and for rapid, realistic decision on strategies, plans and projects
- Ensure the Engineering department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance
- Direct or delegate the development of operational policy, procedures and practices, both short and long term, as they pertain to customer service, quality control, development, and project management
- Overall planning and execution of projects, ensuring on-time delivery, with quality, cost focused and maintainable designs
- Work with Human Resources to hire and guide staff
The ideal candidate will possess a wide variety of progressive experience in EPC, with the following characteristics:
- An Engineering Degree
- Designated as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in the province of Alberta
- Project experience ranging between $25M to $100M
- Experience in international markets, system integration and project management
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills
- Expertise in implementing best practices in operations, quality systems, and engineering in an environment where customer focus is the major theme
- Willing to take innovative risk while balancing deliverables
Excelsior Engineering is an organization that puts employees first. We believe if we take care of our employees, our employees will take care of our clients. Our unique culture places an emphasis on family and helping others, and our employees regularly volunteer and contribute to charity. Our competitive base salary, bonus, and employer paid benefits are great, but it’s the extra perks that make Excelsior a first rate employer. We offer 1st and 3rd Friday’s off, snack and chat, a wellness fund, corporate challenge opportunities, regular social events, ping pong tournaments, pot lucks….the list goes on and on. And if that’s not enough, we also have some exciting project opportunities; including several waste heat to power projects, which are just the start of our potential. Put your experience to work and join our team!