Our Etobicoke based client, an established import/export firm, company is need of an AR Clerk/Assistant to join their team and support the Finance Group, reporting directly to the Credit Manager. This person will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations, the accounts receivable clerk must comply with established policies and procedures.
- Investigate deductions
- Request deduction backup from customer(s)
- Must have experience in calculating *rebates and chargebacks*
- Email/Fax statements
- Send copies of invoices/POD’s, etc.
- Dispute deductions
- Knowledge of fill rate penalties
- Minimum OSSD
- 2-4 years of Accounts Receivable/Collection experience - ideally within a distribution company, experience with "big-box" stores an asset
- Strong communication and computer (Windows) skills (specifically Excel/Outlook)
- Experience working with Great Plains an asset
- A positive attitude toward teamwork and strong interpersonal skills
- Good phone manner
- Professionalism and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills, ability to establish & manage priorities with a drive to complete assigned tasks
- Accurate typing, attention to detail a must.
- Salary: 40-50K commensurate with experience
- Vacation: 2 weeks
- Group benefits
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. Please quote job ref# CIARCLK140305.