excelHR Employee Reviews in Canada

Money hungry comission based
Former recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Don't EVER try excel. They work on comission and have a quota to reach so just because you get a call doesn't mean you are guaranteed a job. And when you get a job, it's demeaning, low paying, virtually no training, no benefits, horrible horrible place! Don't even get me started on their snotty, dishonest, recruiters. I dealt with one who constantly lied to me about job opportunities, gets me to come in for multiple interviews, praises my experience and resume and at the end of the day no job! They work on registering you in their system to show they reached their comission quota. Try Adecco, hays and many others. Excel has a bad reputation despite of what they think.
Consistency and reliable communication
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  OttawaAugust 26, 2015
ExcelHR is a wonderful company to help recent graduates and unemployed professionals find fast and reliable work in a variety of industries and organizations. They have provided me with opportunities in entry level work relevant to my field of educational framework. I've had the opportunity to greatly expand my network of professional connections as well as develop existing and new skills into valuable competencies towards my career development.
Rude, rude, rude
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  OttawaJune 10, 2015
I've never been so uncomfortable interacting with staff members at excelhr in my life.
They come off as very rude and dismissive.
I will not be doing business with them again and for 11/hrly? It's simply not worth it.
Low Quality Agency In Ottawa
Data Entry, Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  OttawaMay 26, 2015
Choose a better agency as a candidate. They are not a good paying temp agency. You will be lucky to get minimum wage with them and you will end up with an assignment in a government agency ravaged by temp turn over. I worked for them in Ottawa and everyone I met that was also working for them was complaining about their assignments. They never provide you with work assignments that are representative of your credentials and they try to get away with paying you next to nothing. If you are temping and looking for serious opportunities I would avoid this agency. They really just represent poor quality roles in Ottawa. Your skills and experience will be wasted working as a temp here. No assignment that you do for them will contribute in any way to your professional development. In fact, what you do for them will just damage your professional profile.
Pros
Quick minimum wage temp assignments
Cons
Poor quality work assignments, worst pay and poor quality high turn over work environments
Sweatshop - Do not work for this company!
Recruiting and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 18, 2012
They provide drinks on Friday's you go shopping once a year but THAT IS IT. They are money hungry and greedy and expect you to work 50-60 hours a week. You get yelled at and feel useless for not making a 100 calls out and in per day. I have seen more people (working internally) leave or get fired from this place its unbelievable!!!! Management expects you to be a slave for them and they lowball every candidate who is registered through them. You might be able to find an $11/hr job through them but if you are thinking of working their internally...it will be a mistake so keep looking if you're working there or intersted in working there as I was a former employee for years and still treated wrong.

I now work for there competition and am happy as can be it's like night and day. I went from being miserable to happy and rewarded.

Stay away from excelHR
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
The ladies are great to work with.
Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 15, 2014
Not much to say as this is occasional and temp employment.
I have learned several computer programs.
They have sent me to good companies.

2.1