excelHR Employee Reviews

Love my career!
Business Development and Talent Aquisition (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2017
I have had the ultimate pleasure of being part of this wonderful firm for over 26 years. We are a family of hard working, fun and collaborative professionals who genuinely care about our clients who are seeking employments and our employers. Thank you for your open door, innovative and supportive management and mentorship! Barb Streiftau
Pros
Motivating and helpful team, fun, great management and continuous learning
Great agency with amazing staff!
Senoir Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
I have been dealing with ExcelHR for just over two years now and can honestly say that every interaction I’ve had has been so great! They are very professional and friendly, and I am impressed with how well their company is managed. I have received check in emails once in a while, and messages just to make sure everything is going well, and any time I have had any questions they are more than willing to help answer them. During the staffing process of a particular contract, they went above and beyond! They aided in the update of my resume as well as guided me through the process making me feel at ease! Being out of work wasn’t on their list of priorities (nor mine), and it wasn’t too long before I was working again! They are such an amazing Agency, and I have received nothing but great experiences from them!
Pros
Gaining excellent admin experience
Cons
Occasional long hours, and breaks in contracts
To avoid
Former client (Former Employee) –  Ottawa4 May 2017
Such an unprofessional agency, greedy for money, carelless about people credentials, lack of honesty when dealing with people.
Great Team and Company Culture
Recruitment and Placement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2017
ExcelHR has a company culture like no other. If you want to be part of an amazing team, create amazing friendships, and get rewarded for your hard work, then this is the place for you. Yes, you are busy, work long hours and are often stressed out because of it. The reality is that you are working on the client's clock. If you want to be successful, you put in the extra hours in order to fill your orders and meet the clients needs. Management is always there for you, guiding you through your desk and clients. If you want to succeed and grow your desk, you can. You just need to put in the work. This job is not for everyone. You need the right personality and need to want it. This isn't for people who want to work a regular 9-5. This company invests in you and in return, you will invest your time and energy into your work and team. I have learned such valuable skills from working at ExcelHR and since leaving, I have been successful in my career thank to everything I learned at this job.
Pros
Company culture, fun work events, great salary and incentives, fantastic training, support from management, opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, stressful deadline-driven environment.
Supportive, loyal and fun environment
Recruitment and Placement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2017
I am excited to come to work every day. People always tell me that they can see I'm very passionate about what I do and that I must love my job - I really do! I am blessed to love the people I work with, have opportunities to learn new things every day and challenge myself. It is rewarding to help people find work and help out clients find the perfect candidate.

The best things about my career in staffing are the people. The clients and candidates we work with are loyal and make it fun to come to work. I love a new challenge and helping make the right match. We represent wonderful people in the Ottawa area and do our best at finding work for those we can based on our clients' needs. We get to meet people every day during interviews and get to know new industries with supporting our clients.

If you are goal driven, self-motivated and love meeting new people, this is a great career path for you. We work in a team oriented environment and love reaching personal goals. I have the opportunity to manage my own desk while getting the support from our very approachable leaders. We are positive and enthusiastic and love to have fun!

I couldn't be happier to call work my second home. At times we will work long hours, but simply because we believe in serving our customers needs and delivering the best possible overall experience.

I feel spoiled to be surrounded by people I love in a beautiful office where I continue to learn and grow. I've had the opportunity to learn so much over the years and continue to learn new things every day. I've had the opportunity to participate
  more... in various courses and programs in support of my professional development.  less
Pros
Dynamic team, approachable leaders, opportunity for growth
Good for just starting Out
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2017
I started working for EXCEL HR in April 2016 and It was a great experience as the staff was friendly and knowledgable and gave me the list of tasks I was to preform which made my transition into the company a lot easier.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Short term contracts
Constant Learning Environment
Recruiter and Placement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2016
Interesting and fast paced environment with the ability to launch you into a professional career. I always learned something new, and was able to apply many aspects of my schooling to my every day life.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Long Hours
assistant for government award show
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 October 2016
I helped with registration, I would give directions, paper work such as helping with applications. I would start at 9:00am till 5:00pm
Money hungry comission based
Former recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2016
Don't EVER try excel. They work on comission and have a quota to reach so just because you get a call doesn't mean you are guaranteed a job. And when you get a job, it's demeaning, low paying, virtually no training, no benefits, horrible horrible place! Don't even get me started on their snotty, dishonest, recruiters. I dealt with one who constantly lied to me about job opportunities, gets me to come in for multiple interviews, praises my experience and resume and at the end of the day no job! They work on registering you in their system to show they reached their comission quota. Try Adecco, hays and many others. Excel has a bad reputation despite of what they think.
Consistency and reliable communication
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa26 August 2015
ExcelHR is a wonderful company to help recent graduates and unemployed professionals find fast and reliable work in a variety of industries and organizations. They have provided me with opportunities in entry level work relevant to my field of educational framework. I've had the opportunity to greatly expand my network of professional connections as well as develop existing and new skills into valuable competencies towards my career development.
Rude, rude, rude
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Ottawa10 June 2015
I've never been so uncomfortable interacting with staff members at excelhr in my life.
They come off as very rude and dismissive.
I will not be doing business with them again and for 11/hrly? It's simply not worth it.
Low Quality Agency In Ottawa
Data Entry, Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Ottawa26 May 2015
Choose a better agency as a candidate. They are not a good paying temp agency. You will be lucky to get minimum wage with them and you will end up with an assignment in a government agency ravaged by temp turn over. I worked for them in Ottawa and everyone I met that was also working for them was complaining about their assignments. They never provide you with work assignments that are representative of your credentials and they try to get away with paying you next to nothing. If you are temping and looking for serious opportunities I would avoid this agency. They really just represent poor quality roles in Ottawa. Your skills and experience will be wasted working as a temp here. No assignment that you do for them will contribute in any way to your professional development. In fact, what you do for them will just damage your professional profile.
Pros
Quick minimum wage temp assignments
Cons
Poor quality work assignments, worst pay and poor quality high turn over work environments
Sweatshop - Do not work for this company!
Recruiting and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2012
They provide drinks on Friday's you go shopping once a year but THAT IS IT. They are money hungry and greedy and expect you to work 50-60 hours a week. You get yelled at and feel useless for not making a 100 calls out and in per day. I have seen more people (working internally) leave or get fired from this place its unbelievable!!!! Management expects you to be a slave for them and they lowball every candidate who is registered through them. You might be able to find an $11/hr job through them but if you are thinking of working their internally...it will be a mistake so keep looking if you're working there or intersted in working there as I was a former employee for years and still treated wrong.

I now work for there competition and am happy as can be it's like night and day. I went from being miserable to happy and rewarded.

Stay away from excelHR
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great place to work and access to public transportation such as O-train, transit station and a number of buses.
Assets Coordinator/Material Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 August 2012
Leadership: Assistant Deputy Minister, Director General, Director, Manager and supervisor

Knowledgeable organize approch and great supportive staff

Friendly work atmosphere and diverse work environment

Reasonable deadline

Excellent people to work with
Pros
low stress level
Cons
workload in some cases

Ask a question about working or interviewing at excelHR. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9