We're currently hiring Child Care Workers who are willing to relocate within Ontario and/or across Canada;
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, taking children to local points of interest and providing opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- May plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- May supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education
Bachelor's degree in child development is required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) is usually required.
Indeed - 2 years ago