Purpose of the Job:
To manage the operations and staff of the manufacturing facility to produce crossbows and accessories.
General Summary of the Job:
Manage and direct the Production, Assembly, Shipping and Limb room managers and supervisors in maintaining quality and schedule requirements for Excalibur.
Core Tasks and Duties/Performance Expectations:
- Plan and coordinate the operations and functions of each department in conjunction with the
managers to accomplish the forecasts set from Excalibur.
- Manage Production, Assembly/Shipping Managers and Limb Production Supervisor.
- Manage the purchasing department and the vendor management program.
- Work with the warranty department to ensure quality levels are maintained.
- Maintain budgets for production, assembly and the shipping departments.
- Maintain efficient employee levels throughout the year and work with Human Resources to
manage the manpower requirements
- Ensure all production/assembly requirements meet sales requirements.
- Co-ordinate monthly and yearly inventory.
- Recommend production and assembly equipment requirements to VP Manufacturing.
- Manage the maintenance of all equipment and building requirements.
- Maintain job standards and improve operations efficiency throughout the facility.
- Maintain all procedures for the operations of Excalibur.
- Maintain Quality Control standards.
- Previous experience of 8-15 years in managing employees and operations in a manufacturing
- Previous experience with 5S, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- Previous experience working in a machining, fabrication and assembly environment in a mid to
large volume company along with data driven decision making and cost/waste reduction.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Previous experience working with a ERP system would be considered an asset