Purpose of the Job:
The Machine Operator will manufacture products that meet safety, quality, cost, compliance, and service objectives for customer use. Machine Operators play an integral role in ensuring our machines are running at optimum capacity. Machine Operators assist in observing safe and efficient operations of equipment.
Core Tasks and Duties/Performance Expectations:
- Operate CNC Lathes and CNC Machining Centers with proficiency while maintaining safe operating procedures;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed with an understanding of geometric tolerances and dimensions;
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces;
- Load and unload parts in a safe and productive manner.
- Operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision machining operation i.e. drilling, milling, etc.;
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments (should include calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, and indicators);
- Intermediate knowledge of hand tools, tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines;
- Maintain cleanliness of work station.
- Other duties as assigned.
How does your job impact with others?
Works daily with Assembly/Shipping/Arrow Production Manager, Shift Supervisors, Production Team, (all encompassing); as required,
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- 2 - 5 years of machine operator experience;
- Ability to work in a safe and proficient manner;
- High level of detail accuracy, manual dexterity, and hand-eye co-ordination;
- Proficient at Reading text, Document use, Numeracy;
- Good Written and Oral communication, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing and significant use of memory;
- Ability to work as a team player;
- Must be available to work all shifts and overtime as required;
- Ability to seek clarification on unclear drawings or job instructions and to seek help when problems arise.
- Reliable/ dependable - excellent attendance and punctuality record;
- Ability to work in a safe and orderly manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written.
Description of the Working Conditions:
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and work boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Must be willing to work any shift, extended hours and weekends.