Exact Employee Reviews

Contract - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butterworth, Eastern CapeMay 5, 2016
As a sales person at Exact stores it was not as fun as it was at Truworths.
It was too tense and the manager was ruling with agony.
What i learned wsa that one needs to learn the good things out of the bad experiences.
Co-workers were absolutely friendly and supportive.
The hardest part was when you get shouted at infront of customers.
I cant say i enjoyed as also the money was too little.
Productive, Fast paced, Problem solving
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  West MidlandsApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be getting a handover from the previous shift leader, making sure all stations and jobs are covered.
Making sure all my staff members are following strict process guidelines, If any new containment jobs are raised making sure we have work instructions in place so all staff which know the procedure to follow and also train them on the process.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ficksburg, Free StateMarch 16, 2016
I enjoyd working for Foschini group. Every day was a challenge. When I started in the branch, there was a stock loss and sales was not good. After 2 years in the branch we won the price for best performing branch in the area. That made me and the staff very proud for what we achieved.
Me and my staff always went the extra mile and was proud in what we done.
We worked together as a team and I believed that this was the reason why we made a big sucess of the branch.
Cons
worked 7 days a week
fun workplace
floor assistance (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengApril 20, 2016
i was unpacking clothes,making sure the floor is tidy all the time and assist customers.i have learned communication skill.the co-worker and manager were friendly to each other,respect was mutual.
Pros
free launch
Cons
long hours sometimes
n/a
Quality controller/inspector (Former Employee) –  CoventryApril 4, 2016
At exact the job was hard going and very physical. There is no appreciation at all from the management and there is certainly no job security.
Work and Play
CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day would consist of 8-10 hours of work with a lunch break where we could play basketball at the playground by the work site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the supervisor would stop me in the middle of a production job to make an emergency part for equipment used in production.
Pros
Worked alone
Cons
Bad management
good place for a beginer to work.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 9, 2015
If your a beginner welder and want to learn how to fabricate. then this place if for you. Its family owned which makes it hard to come up in the company. But they do work with their employees and pay well for new welders. As you get more knowledge fabricating and welding I would suggest moving on for better pay.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
family politics
Small software company, great people
Sales & Marketing Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 28, 2015
Great people to work with but North American branch is small and therefore not much growth opportunity. Everyone really cares about the work they do, and there is a great work/life balance. The vibes were great but like I said, it's a very small team that isn't growing.
Good
Manager HR (Current Employee) –  mumbai indiaNovember 25, 2015
Good co-workers, nice timings, good learning environment, decent management, fun place to work. not very good appraisal structure.
productive and enjoyed my work
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPNovember 20, 2014
we would get to work in the morning drink coffee together and have a brief meeting to discus the previous day and the day ahead. after the meeting we count our stock to make sure we know our losses, then make sure the store is ready for opening.
I learned that to achieve something you need your co-workers to do so, team work is all ways the winner.
the management was very supportive and encouraging.
as it is always the case some did not know how to separate their personal lives from work but we where a good team most of times I enjoyed working with them.
the hardest part was to be day off for me and having to discipline my co-workers.
I enjoyed the excitement of the place we made fun of each other and the customers loved it and laughed with us
Pros
lunches and shopping vouchers
Cons
short staff and long hours
Think before working for Exact Software, NA!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2014
Exact is an international company, the main office is located in Delft, Netherlands. The management in the "Americas" IS NOT the best! At anytime, ANY TIME, this company will lay employees off and to "justify" their actions, they'll use performance evaluation as the reason. They will also lay off some people within an area and call it "restructuring," but it's really to get rid of the low performing people and will rehire for the positions. Don't be loyal to this company is they are not loyal to you. Since Ohio is "employment at will, they will use this to their advantage. Many people have worked there for years, as their previous employers were bought by Exact. What your back and good luck!
Fun and professional group of people
Marketing (Current Employee) –  USJanuary 20, 2014
I have been working for the Exact cloud unit now for over a year. It is interesting to work for a company based in another country - Holland. The company has gone thru a lot of change in the past couple of year s and now there is new management team in place.

I find the people to be very professional and supportive...best of all our office is fun which really makes all the difference. We have good products and a great opportunity ahead of us.

The hardest part is losing some independence as we report to a far off office.
Pros
people, products, opportunity
Cons
reporting to head office
Fun Workplace, and a great company to grow with!
Marketing/Sales (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2014
A fun and lively office to work in. In a growth and transition stage, so opportunity for personal growth is abundant. Co-workers are always willing to help with whatever you need. Management truly cares about what you are doing and your professional goals. Convenient location in Minneapolis suburb with all of the perks of being in a large city (onsite cafeteria, gym, shops, etc).
Pros
office enviroment, flexible schedule
Condusive
Application Support (Former Employee) –  Centurion, GPDecember 5, 2013
I would typically log into the system to check my workload, then attend to every query that has been logged.

I learned about CRM and the functional areas in a business

Co-workers were good, united and fun to work with. We even had a prayer meeting every Friday morning.

Management was superb. He was very encouraging and motivating

The hardest part was when a client is expecting an immediate answer on an issue that requires a lot of investigation and would take a day or 2 to solve.

The most enjoyable part of the job was giving instant or timely solutions to customer's queries
Pros
annual voucher
Cons
no benefits
Believe what you read!!!
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2013
Exact is a low down slimy company, period! The culture here in the US is very low down. Upper management tends to "manage"'people out of their positions by using downsizing as a reason, but will turn right around and re-fill the same positions within 60 days. There is NO diversity in upper management at all and the HR Manager is a real ball breaker! The turn over is very high and the products lines aren't selling very well.
Cons
healthcare, lack of management opportunities, lack of diversity
productive and fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WCJuly 8, 2013
assisting customers, customer service, that customer is always right and how to calm a customer down and come to agreement (conflict management).
conflict management, communications skills and making decisions on behalf of the employer
assisting and maintaining a good relationship with co-workers
the security wasn't tight therefore we had to deal with thieves at the same time that was the hardest part at times
pay day is the most enjoyable part
I have truly enjoyed my time at Exact.
Human Resources Professional (Current Employee) –  Middleton, MAAugust 9, 2012
After 13 years of employment, I was informed that my current position within the organization was being permanently relocated to Ohio. I was given the opportunity to relocate, however, I don't feel that a move would be the best option for myself or my family at this time.

I have enjoyed my time at Exact and am very grateful for the experiences that I have gained.
Pros
wonderful employees, work/life balance, work from home options
Cons
healthcare options/costs
Very old products - poor management team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2013
Exact is a losing proposition. The are trying to sell a product called Macola that is so outdated. The product has had no R & D expeditures other than bug fixes. Their installed customers are a mess.

Management does not care about their customers and they care even less for the employees. Very poor business decisions. Treat the employees in an unprofessional manner.
Cons
overall, the company just sucks.
Productive and fun workplace.
2- Office manager (Former Employee) –  ugandaFebruary 10, 2013
Attend to customers register complaints and try to solve some of them on behalf of the director on a daily basis,run the day to day activities of the office deliver products to customers,Conduct market research among others.
I learnt evrything to do with customer care,marketing,delivering products among others as shown in the resume.I gained experience in team work and administrative work.The co-workers were very cooperative so ididnot have any problems dealing with them.
The hardest part of the job was low pay and many administrative tasks.The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.I would feel very proud while delivering the customer's products,while conducting research for our company among many others as long as it was to deal with a customer.
Good Company...... could have been a great company
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  LeicesterDecember 11, 2012
Worked as a Customer Support Specialist for manufacturing Software.

Main duties were to supply support / consultancy / training / account management to around 90 accounts
Pros
flexible working arrangment when needed
Cons
political environment

2.5