Exact Employee Reviews

Contract - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butterworth, Eastern CapeMay 5, 2016
As a sales person at Exact stores it was not as fun as it was at Truworths.
It was too tense and the manager was ruling with agony.
What i learned wsa that one needs to learn the good things out of the bad experiences.
Co-workers were absolutely friendly and supportive.
The hardest part was when you get shouted at infront of customers.
I cant say i enjoyed as also the money was too little.
Productive, Fast paced, Problem solving
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  West MidlandsApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be getting a handover from the previous shift leader, making sure all stations and jobs are covered.
Making sure all my staff members are following strict process guidelines, If any new containment jobs are raised making sure we have work instructions in place so all staff which know the procedure to follow and also train them on the process.
n/a
Quality controller/inspector (Former Employee) –  CoventryApril 4, 2016
At exact the job was hard going and very physical. There is no appreciation at all from the management and there is certainly no job security.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ficksburg, Free StateMarch 16, 2016
I enjoyd working for Foschini group. Every day was a challenge. When I started in the branch, there was a stock loss and sales was not good. After 2 years in the branch we won the price for best performing branch in the area. That made me and the staff very proud for what we achieved.
Me and my staff always went the extra mile and was proud in what we done.
We worked together as a team and I believed that this was the reason why we made a big sucess of the branch.
Cons
worked 7 days a week
Good
Manager HR (Current Employee) –  mumbai indiaNovember 25, 2015
Good co-workers, nice timings, good learning environment, decent management, fun place to work. not very good appraisal structure.
Work and Play
CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day would consist of 8-10 hours of work with a lunch break where we could play basketball at the playground by the work site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the supervisor would stop me in the middle of a production job to make an emergency part for equipment used in production.
Pros
Worked alone
Cons
Bad management
Small software company, great people
Sales & Marketing Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 28, 2015
Great people to work with but North American branch is small and therefore not much growth opportunity. Everyone really cares about the work they do, and there is a great work/life balance. The vibes were great but like I said, it's a very small team that isn't growing.
good place for a beginer to work.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 9, 2015
If your a beginner welder and want to learn how to fabricate. then this place if for you. Its family owned which makes it hard to come up in the company. But they do work with their employees and pay well for new welders. As you get more knowledge fabricating and welding I would suggest moving on for better pay.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
family politics
productive and enjoyed my work
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPNovember 20, 2014
we would get to work in the morning drink coffee together and have a brief meeting to discus the previous day and the day ahead. after the meeting we count our stock to make sure we know our losses, then make sure the store is ready for opening.
I learned that to achieve something you need your co-workers to do so, team work is all ways the winner.
the management was very supportive and encouraging.
as it is always the case some did not know how to separate their personal lives from work but we where a good team most of times I enjoyed working with them.
the hardest part was to be day off for me and having to discipline my co-workers.
I enjoyed the excitement of the place we made fun of each other and the customers loved it and laughed with us
Pros
lunches and shopping vouchers
Cons
short staff and long hours
Productive workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonApril 24, 2014
Get my rota and time sheets in order, check whether field workers are at their stations.
Developed excellent time management skills and working to deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of it was having to achieve excellent results in a problem prone area.
Think before working for Exact Software, NA!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2014
Exact is an international company, the main office is located in Delft, Netherlands. The management in the "Americas" IS NOT the best! At anytime, ANY TIME, this company will lay employees off and to "justify" their actions, they'll use performance evaluation as the reason. They will also lay off some people within an area and call it "restructuring," but it's really to get rid of the low performing people and will rehire for the positions. Don't be loyal to this company is they are not loyal to you. Since Ohio is "employment at will, they will use this to their advantage. Many people have worked there for years, as their previous employers were bought by Exact. What your back and good luck!
team spirit is the key of work success
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GPFebruary 1, 2014
Working in a corporate organization requires effective team work and well grounded contributions from each team player. Work can only be done excellently with the cooperative efforts of everyone involved and this creates a synergic result that gets things done. A productive day for me, was marked by a value added output of the work done by all the team players in the company I used to work for. The key to the management of the company rested on the work that was done by all the workers in the company that worked as one to yield a synergic result in output. Even the hardest moments in the work undertaking was easily overcame by the spirited work of all the workers working as one. The most glorious moments were the times when the job done was marked with customers departing from the shop with a satisfied smile and closing the day with a record figure of total sales.
Pros
accounts allowance, flexible working hours
Cons
long hours of work on holidays, low salaries and less frequency in remuneration adjustments and lack of transparency in promotions
Fun Workplace, and a great company to grow with!
Marketing/Sales (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2014
A fun and lively office to work in. In a growth and transition stage, so opportunity for personal growth is abundant. Co-workers are always willing to help with whatever you need. Management truly cares about what you are doing and your professional goals. Convenient location in Minneapolis suburb with all of the perks of being in a large city (onsite cafeteria, gym, shops, etc).
Pros
office enviroment, flexible schedule
Fun and professional group of people
Marketing (Current Employee) –  USJanuary 20, 2014
I have been working for the Exact cloud unit now for over a year. It is interesting to work for a company based in another country - Holland. The company has gone thru a lot of change in the past couple of year s and now there is new management team in place.

I find the people to be very professional and supportive...best of all our office is fun which really makes all the difference. We have good products and a great opportunity ahead of us.

The hardest part is losing some independence as we report to a far off office.
Pros
people, products, opportunity
Cons
reporting to head office
Growing business, lots of passion and excitement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJanuary 16, 2014
I've been with Exact for going on a year, and have been pleasantly pleased with the company. They've been in a bit of a turn-around mood, and the hard work is starting to pay off. There are incredibly dedicated employees and the new management teams are actually interested in making employees happy! What a refreshing change! It's a fun environment in Columbus and while we work hard, we also play hard.
The hardest part of my job is finding the time to do everything that needs to be done. I don't think it's unusual to work lean these days, and trust me, Exact is lean! It's not always a bad thing, but occasionally, I feel the strain on my home life.
What I love most is that there are very specific challenges that I have been encouraged to embrace and solve without the typical scenario of having my hands tied with what I can and cannot do. It's definitely a different approach and I think goes to show that this company is indeed dedicated to finding unique and innovative solutions to challenging problems. I also love the management team. Not only do the have the experience and knowledge that make them solid mentors, but there are inclusive, fun and dedicated to the development of their teams. Especially my own manager.
Overall, it's becoming one of my favorite jobs that I've ever held.
Great working environment
Marketing Communications Professional (Former Employee) –  上海市, C23January 2, 2014
First time I experienced working in China, I could have not found a better place. Great colleagues, great office, in an amazing city. People are dedicated and a joy to work with.
Condusive
Application Support (Former Employee) –  Centurion, GPDecember 5, 2013
I would typically log into the system to check my workload, then attend to every query that has been logged.

I learned about CRM and the functional areas in a business

Co-workers were good, united and fun to work with. We even had a prayer meeting every Friday morning.

Management was superb. He was very encouraging and motivating

The hardest part was when a client is expecting an immediate answer on an issue that requires a lot of investigation and would take a day or 2 to solve.

The most enjoyable part of the job was giving instant or timely solutions to customer's queries
Pros
annual voucher
Cons
no benefits
Believe what you read!!!
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2013
Exact is a low down slimy company, period! The culture here in the US is very low down. Upper management tends to "manage"'people out of their positions by using downsizing as a reason, but will turn right around and re-fill the same positions within 60 days. There is NO diversity in upper management at all and the HR Manager is a real ball breaker! The turn over is very high and the products lines aren't selling very well.
Cons
healthcare, lack of management opportunities, lack of diversity
Very old products - poor management team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2013
Exact is a losing proposition. The are trying to sell a product called Macola that is so outdated. The product has had no R & D expeditures other than bug fixes. Their installed customers are a mess.

Management does not care about their customers and they care even less for the employees. Very poor business decisions. Treat the employees in an unprofessional manner.
Cons
overall, the company just sucks.
productive and fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WCJuly 8, 2013
assisting customers, customer service, that customer is always right and how to calm a customer down and come to agreement (conflict management).
conflict management, communications skills and making decisions on behalf of the employer
assisting and maintaining a good relationship with co-workers
the security wasn't tight therefore we had to deal with thieves at the same time that was the hardest part at times
pay day is the most enjoyable part