EVRAZ North America

EVRAZ North America Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it is general place to work
Millwright (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: lunch pay
Cons: rotation schedule
typical day is troubleshooting and quick repair of production line (reducing the downtime as much as possible).
I have learned very much from jobs,like troubleshooting skills,interpersonal skills,mind-opening skill,maintenance organizing skill.
Management is how to make a team working together time,cost efficiently, productively,safely.make everybody willing to dedicate their best to company and wants to stay.not to make a hero or make everybody upset.
co-worker is around everybody,we can not avoid.you can make good relationship with some people.Learning how to get along with people is an interpersonal skill.That is part of our job.Good interpersonal skill will help us a lot,make our working and life easy.
The hardest job is some urgent irregular critical job which we have to get it done as soon as possible or some complicated(confusing) job which we have no clue.
The most enjoyable part of job is we solve a tough problem which come up again and again indefinitely.
New and exciting skills to be learned everyday
Metallurgical Technologist (Current Employee), Regina, SKAugust 20, 2014
Pros: very good medical benefits
Cons: unpaid long lunch
The diverse and high-tech R&D environment makes every day different. Ability to work on various projects throughout the day.
unstable place for work and bad culture for work
regina (Former Employee), AnalystAugust 13, 2014
They don't appreciate technical work. Management push employees to do their jobs, especially in maintenance. They don't really care about risk and reliability. What about technical expertise and engineering? They don't really care about them. They say “there is no time, just does that quickly”. Safety mostly is a show. If there is even an important safety issue but it's not visible, then it is very hard to attract management support for modification or change. They do not care for employees or their safety. Their managerial style is scary. You can see fear in face or behavior of most of employees. They don't like to share information about their decisions or even present situation. They make lots decisions in short time without explanation, technical or non technical.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Mill (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 23, 2014
Cons: very unsafe
Do not care for there staff Or their safety. Was hurt at work and then suspended for unexplainable reasons. They then tied it up with the union for so long that they finally broke me.
I demonstrated strong computer and mathematics skills by writing software to find optimal solution of alloy addition for making steel. Prior to this,
Research and Development (Regina) (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 6, 2014
• Wrote software to find optimal solution of alloy addition
• Used Finite Element Analysis Model to solve structural problems
• Collected and analyzed steel slab superheat data
• Reorganised R&D library
a wonder its still there.
Millwright (Former Employee), Camrose, ABJune 9, 2013
Pros: in town
Cons: lack of any organizational skills, experienced people forced out, unskilled advanced
Jobs especially foremans positions given to friends or relatives not what you know but who you know.
Headquarters