Sea Power services power systems on marine vessels and specializes in Volvo Penta Marine engines and Suzuki outboards. Clear Marine is a marine supply company that specializes in boat curtains, davits, boat baths, stern ties, hydro hoists, heaters, stoves and other accessories. Both companies provide service and equipment solutions to commercial and pleasure craft throughout the Pacific Northwest.
We are a dealership for Volvo, Mercury and others and provide Service work (i.e. power system installation, servicing and repairs), Power system sales (i.e. sales of engines and electrical systems), Accessory sales (i.e. parts, both installed and over-the-counter) and Sub-contract sales (i.e. fabrication, cleaning/polishing, boat hauling).
Both companies aim to provide exceptional customer service by understanding the expectations of our clientele, educating our customers on their vessel’s operation and systems and ensuring that our customers feel confident in the work we are doing for them.
The Business Administrator is an integral member of a small management team and will be directly responsible for managing financial systems and providing overall business analysis, hands on bookkeeping activities and some general administration. This is an excellent position for an individual who is self-motivated, comfortable working in detail as well as at a more strategic level and who can easily manage multiple priorities.
This position is well suited to individuals who have held positions wearing multiple hats within small organizations and who are equally as comfortable in a more casual marine environment as they are in contributing to overall team success and company growth.
This is an opportunity to work within an organization where the expectations are high and individuals can see that their contributions relate to the overall success of the organization as well as furthering their career objectives. The company culture is driven, yet casual with high expectations for meeting results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Management (40%)
- Maintain a system of internal controls to provide accurate and timely financial statements and effective control over business assets, revenues and expenditures.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures related to financial management, book keeping and business administration.
- Develop performance metrics for all business divisions. Collect data, analyze data and report on metrics regularly.
- Institute a system of internal checks designed to prevent or promptly detect unauthorized financial or inventory transactions.
- Perform operational process reviews to ensure proper control systems are in place and staff and sub-contractors are adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Continuously evaluate financial and operational policies and procedures with a view to improving their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepare accounts receivables and ensure invoices are accurate and meet the company’s financial requirements.
- Manage cash flow .
- Develop financial projections and budgets in consultation with the owner.
- Supervise regular inventory counts, determine valuations and reconcile accounts.
Book Keeping (40%)
- Prepare cash outs and deposits.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Manage petty cash.
- Process accounts receivable, ensuring timely collections.
- Process accounts payable, smartly scheduling payments.
- Manage employee time, process payroll, ROEs, T4s.
- Prepare and file government reports and remittances.
- Undertake bank reconciliations.
- Undertake general ledger reconciliations and adjusting journal entries to ensure accurate and useful financial reports.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Prepare year end information and financial reports.
Business Administration and Office Management (20%)
- Sales and Marketing Administration and Analysis.
- Manage general internal HR processes.
- Manage insurance and benefits policies.
- Maintain filing systems, both hard copy and electronic.
- Order and track office supplies.
- Professional accounting certificate or diploma or similar education is essential, CMA or CGA preferred.
- Strong full-cycle accounting technical skills and financial management skills.
- Solid experience using accounting software.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven track record of outstanding financial management and administration.
- Previous experience in hospitality or manufacturing an asset.
- A proven ability to build and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
- Strong communication skills.
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting deliverables.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to assess problems, recommend actions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Strong skills in time management, organization and coordination.
- Proficiency with database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience, qualifications and compensation expectations to the email address provided.