Evolution Food Co. – Toronto, ON
Evolution Food Co. was founded on the belief that food should both taste good and do your body good. Evolution is a destination for delicious, healthy, handcrafted meals – whole grains, lean proteins, cold-pressed juices, smoothies and a fresh Greek yogurt bar. Evolution Food Co. has a strong team-oriented culture, where excellence of food quality and service are valued above all else.
Position: Team Member
Terms of employment
- Full Time and Part-Time,
- Flexible work hours including: days, evenings, nights weekends and holidays, including overtime as required.
Salary: Hourly, $11.00 (with possibility of advancement)
Team Members are the brand ambassadors of the company – they are customer service reps, cashiers and craftsmen all rolled into one. Team Members are friendly, enthusiastic and passionate about food, and will do whatever it takes to ensure our customers receive top-notch service and a delicious handcrafted meal each and every time.
- Serve food and beverage items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional and timely manner, utilizing effective communication, order confirmation, and suggestive selling techniques.
- Follow all food and beverage preparation procedures, recipes, portion controls, build charts, and presentations specifications set forth by Evolution Food Co., ensuring all items are prepared and presented to the standards of EFC.
- Ensure efficient and correct payment methods are utilized.
- Ensure all special health requests and allergies are considered to ensure guest health and satisfaction.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner (workstation, tables, tools, knives, etc.), and provide ongoing care and maintenance.
- Set-up and breakdown workstation.
- Day to day food preparation, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum.
- Maintain back stock and participate in daily inventory.
- Ensure the restaurant, prep area and kitchen look great at all times, including clearing and cleaning tables during service.
- Wash, prep and stock fruit and vegetable bins, shelves and refrigerators.
- Sweep and mop floors and maintain products throughout the restaurant.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Comply with all applicable health and sanitation, established company procedures and safety codes.
The above duties are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of the Team Member position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Management may assign other duties not listed above.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about food, nutrition and healthy active living.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking, detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to work well with others and under pressure.
- Must be outgoing, and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the restaurant, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Essential job functions:
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Evolution Food Co. is a non-smoking environment.
- Follow all company, quality safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure personal hygiene is maintained, including a clean and professional uniform.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Speak to others politely using clear, professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other team members, supporting others to reach common goals.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by management.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
- 1-2 years progressive work experience in culinary establishment
- Food Safe certificate required
- Culinary degree/diploma an asset
- Knowledge of nutrition and healthy active living
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Fluent in English; verbal and written
- We thank ALL applicants for their interest in Evolution Food Co. However, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. *
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard