EVOLUTION FOOD CO.
Evolution Food Co. was founded on the belief that food should both taste good and do your body good. Evolution is a quick-service destination for delicious, healthy, handcrafted meals – whole grains, lean proteins, and lots of fresh fruit and veggies. Evolution Food Co. has a strong team-oriented culture, where excellence of food quality and service' are valued above all else.
Terms of employment
Permanent, Full-Time, Day, Evening, Weekend
The Executive Chef will be responsible for direct food preparation, production, and control of all Evolution Food Co. food outlets. The Executive Chef is responsible for the successful daily operations of the culinary department, including, but not limited to: employee development, culinary standards, sanitation procedures, menu development, food and ingredient specifications, inventory management, financial performance and culinary training programs.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
Major Duties / Functions / Tasks
- Meets all timelines for menus and ordering.
- Teaches and adheres to Evolution Food Co. philosophy, culture and commitment to quality food and service.
- Takes ownership of the kitchen, and mandates other employees to do so as well.
- Has a passion for food.
- Ensures all products and purchases meet Evolution Food Co. quality, traceability, and sustainability guidelines.
- Has knowledge of and enforces all employee/Evolution Food Co. contractual agreements.
Supervision and development of staff
- Hires, trains, and supervises the daily conduct of the Chefs, Food Artists, and Juice Junkies.
Financial Management and analysis
- Prices all menu and catering items, specifying portion and prep quantities while adhering to food quality, and sustainability guidelines.
- Ensures that food cost meets budgetary goals each week in all operations by establishing purchasing specifications, product storage and usage requirements and waste control procedures.
- Ensures that invoices are coded and prices are updated weekly.
- Creates seasonal menu items and special event catering menus, meeting special dietary requests, including low-fat, low-sodium, vegetarian and low calorie meals.
- Supervises the proper garnishing and presentation of food.
- Adheres to Evolution Food Co. standards of fresh and creative décor, as directed by management.
- Oversees the overall appearance of the kitchen.
- Continues to test and update menu ideas and concepts, staying abreast of new culinary trends.
- Utilizes all web based informational systems, including web menu, catering menu, and online ordering system and menu.
Marketing / sales
- Participates and is involved in test kitchen and seasonal tastings of new menu items.
- Manages Chefs and Food Artists to develop seasonal specials and offerings, reviews, tastes and approves all seasonal menu and pastry items.
- Works with management team to develop and implement sales programs to solicit new business.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
Skills / requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education: Diploma from a post-secondary culinary arts training program.
- Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in a quality food service establishment.
- General hospitality knowledge and interest in health oriented cuisine, sustainability and sustainable food practices.
- Ability to operate Internet based ordering system, process customer requests, changes to orders and menu updates.
- Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications.
- Posses the ability to meet Evolution Food Co. specific uniform standards for this position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPR Certified
- Food Safe Certified
Email Resume. Subject Line: Executive Chef
* We thank ALL applicants for their interest in Evolution Food Co. However, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. *