EveryNine Inc is a software consulting company that specializes in architecting, developing, and maintaining software systems that require an extremely high degree of availability and reliability. We are looking for a full-time Senior Engineer that will focus on long-term projects relating to backend messaging, queueing, and alerting systems; the position will involve system architecture, software development, as well as mentoring and leading other engineers.
- Scale out an existing alerting platform to support a rapidly growing customer base.
- Architect new systems with the goal of increasing (already high) reliability/availability.
- Crank out code at an impressive rate; build things and get things done.
- Help grow and eventually lead a team of very capable engineers while still keeping your fingers deep in the code.
- Work with product teams in designing new features and implementing them in ways that do not compromise reliability.
- Actively research new technologies and approaches to increasing system reliability.
- 12+ years of software engineering experience
- 5 years of engineering management experience
- Proven track record in architecting, designing, developing, tracking, and launching complex software systems
- Can mentor more junior engineers and be an effective technical lead
- Proficient in Scala OR Java
- Proficient in Ruby OR Python
- Extensive experience using and developing for an RDBMS
- Familiarity with NoSQL technologies (one of: Cassandra, Zookeeper, Riak, MongoDB, Redis), and can discuss pros and cons.
- Extensive experience developing for and maintaining software in a Linux environment
- Very strong software developer: can write high-quality and efficient code, as quickly as ever.
- Computer Science or an Engineering degree, at a minimum
- Competitive salary
- Company lunches, snacks, and outings
- Smart, fun, and passionate co-workers
- Interesting technical problems and environment
EveryNine Inc is a software consulting company that specializes in architecting, developing, and maintaining software systems that require...