Evergreen is a not-for-profit organization that makes cities more livable.
By deepening the connection between people and nature, and empowering Canadians to take a hands-on approach to their urban environments, Evergreen is improving the health of our cities - now and for the future.
Our Vancouver, BC office is seeking an experienced fundraiser to identify and pursue new prospects, and manage an existing portfolio of donors and sponsors consisting of corporations, foundations and government organizations.
- Work with Vancouver program staff to develop and write funding proposals and
applications, and edit materials drafted by others.
- Secure letters of reference in support of proposals.
- Actively seek out new sources of revenue and keep abreast of changes in the funding
- Steward existing funder relationships and ensure timely and appropriate communication,
recognition, and reporting.
- Develop new ways of engaging with funders to secure lasting relationships
- Work with Development Associates in Evergreen’s Toronto office to support national
- Keep supporter records up to date and maintain a calendar of fundraising deadlines.
- Work closely with the Regional Program Manager to match program goals to funding
- Represent Evergreen at local fundraising and public awareness events.
This position reports to Evergreen’s Senior Manager, Development and Planning in Toronto.
- At least 3 to 5 years of direct fundraising experience.
- Facility with The Raiser’s Edge fundraising software and spreadsheet software
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience developing budgets
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks, deadlines and priorities.
- A familiarity with Western Canada’s business environment and the charitable sector.
- Program development experience (an asset).
When emailing, please mention “Development Officer BC” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be notified.