Fairly new specialist office in Ladner. Looking for a mature, reliable, and efficient medical office assistant to start end of March. Will start as part time (25-30 hrs/wk) Monday to Friday with opportunity to transition to full time in the near future as the office expands. Competitive pay. Need to be flexible with work schedule.
- Answering phone calls/Check phone messages
- Make new and follow up appointments
- Handle incoming/outgoing mails and emails
- MSP billing
- Receive payments
- Maintain medical charts
- Faxing, filing, copying
- Bring patients into exam rooms, change over and tidy up rooms
- Overall tidiness of the office
- Clean and sterilize instruments, reshelf back to each room
- Check supplies and re-stock in each exam room if necessary
- Grade 12 +, Medical Office Assistant certificate an asset
- Greater than 2 years of recent medical clinical office experience or customer service experience.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
Knowledge & Abilities
- Friendly, compassionate, and exceptional patient service; excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, to prioritize and organize workload and perform duties in an efficient manner
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to answer phones, scheduling appointments and handling enquiries in a professional and caring manner,
- Basic computer skills, able to learn quickly; manage office emails, demonstrate ability to perform simple data entry and use Microsoft Word/Excel
- ability to quickly learn simple medical terminology and basic set up for office procedures
- Must be fluent in English and be able to communicate with all types of patients effectively
- MSP, ICBC, WCB experience a great asset
Please only apply if you have the experience and the flexibility. Please reply with your resume, cover letter and 3 current references.
We thank all the applicants but will only contact those who meet ALL the above criteria.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard