Events Wood Buffalo exists to celebrate, nurture, develop and provide infrastructure for cultural development and festivity in the Wood Buffalo region. By supporting activities that provide a forum and a venue for local, national and international talent we embrace our immediate neighbors as well as our place in the bigger world we all share.
Opportunity: Events Wood Buffalo is inviting a Creative Services Coordinator to join our team! We are seeking a talented graphic designer with web development skills. The successful candidate will be extremely organized, with excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities. We’re looking for a problem solver, a “people-person”, with a desire to learn and a passion for festivals and events: someone who is innovative and creative, with knowledge of and sensitivity to design trends and best practices
Graphic Design and Production
- Prepare organizational promotion and event marketing collateral by gathering information and assessing key messages and media
- Illustrate concept from designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts through to pre press
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, promotional suppliers, printers, etc.
- Maintain technical company knowledge through filing and archiving marketing collateral
- Maintain web site of the organization, and individual event websites
- Oversee issues such as availability to users and speed of access
- Update and maintain current content on the sites, both routine and new content addition or alteration of existing content
- Collect and analyze data on Web activity, traffic patterns, updates and other metrics, as well as monitor and respond to user feedback
- Graduate of a graphic design school
- Print design and desktop pre-press abilities
- Knowledge of the Mac environment
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and XML
- SQL, PUP and jQuery familiarity an asset but not essential
- Proficiency in cross browser/application issues
- Skilled in working with WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities
- Knowledge of marketing communications in the event management environment
- Keen interest in new web technologies
- Strong communication skills, including copywriting
Salary and benefits to be determined commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit your current resume by email only. While we are seeking to fill the position immediately, this competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information about us, visit www.eventswoodbuffalo.com, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @events_ymm
Indeed - 23 months ago
Events Wood Buffalo exists to celebrate, nurture, develop and provide infrastructure for cultural development and festivity in the Wood...