EVENTS MARKETING

EVENTS MARKETING Employee Reviews in Canada

A great work environment full of wonderful opportunities!
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2014
I started working for Events Marketing in February 2014 as a Brand Ambassador. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a job so much! Everyone at the company is so pleasant to work with and extremely organized. All of the training I have had in the last five months for all of the events I have worked have been very thorough and have left me feeling confident and ready to work. I would definitely recommend anyone that is interested in Marketing and Promotions to become a part of this organization.

They also do great things through the Events and Companies that they represent. The first brand I worked for and represented was a Canadian Pet Food Company. That weekend, every person that came by our booth and signed a balloon for their animal, the local pet food company would donate 1 pound of pet food per balloon to a local animal shelter. I went home after the event feeling like I helped the community as well as feeling like I was part of a great team at Events Marketing!
High flexibility no physical location in Winnipeg only job contact by internet to the headquarters in Toronto, ON.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON.May 5, 2013
Promoted national fundraising events locally by visiting business locations door to door to raise social awareness in the importance of participating in these events ( Canadian Diabetes Association, Canadian Cancer Society, etc.)
Working alone at my own pace and successfully meet the deadlines.
Enjoyable meeting business owners I find the job not a bit difficult.
Pros
bonus
Small office with incredibly high turnover
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Great coworkers-- although typically they only lasted about 2 or 3 months before they were fired or quit. Expect to be micromanaged, but to learn plenty of corporate jargon. The pay was abysmal.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no benefits, terrible pay
Boutique marketing agency where no two days are the same
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoNovember 7, 2012
- Small agency with a handful of employees who are all great to work with
- Work day to day on a number of projects so no two days are the same- the variety is what makes this job exciting
- Long hours and some overtime are common but it has to be done to get the job done
Pros
variety and excitement
Cons
micro-management
working for a casue, Flexible working hours
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 11, 2012
Enjoyed motivating representatives, organizing and delivering presentations and coordinating distribution.
Pros
working for a cause
Cons
contract job