EventPro Strategies

EventPro Strategies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I WILL NEVER WORK FOR EPS AGAIN!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), DMV Area / Washington D.C. Metro AreaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: really cool events
Cons: extreme delay in payment, event coordinators that do not respond to your emails, excuses given for why you haven't been paid, being bombarded with check-in emails, text messages, and phone calls
I began working for EventPro Strategies as an Independent Contractor aka. Brand Ambassador at the end of August. (August 27th, 2014). When I first spoke to the coordinator assigned to my event, everything seemed wonderful. She answered all of my questions about the promotion, payment time-frame (30-45 days after completion of the event), and made me feel really excited about the opportunity.

I worked that particular promotion for about 2 weeks from 8/27/14 - 9/7/14. The activation was fun. I had a blast with the team I was part of, and really wanted to do more promos with the company.

THE CHANGE:
I started to talk to some of the other BA's that had done previous events for EPS. A few of the BA's had worked for EPS and told me that it took FOREVER to get paid. They said it was so long ago, that they didn't know if their payment policy had changed. I was a little nervous about getting paid on time, but I remained optimistic since this was my first event with the company.

The event ended, and at about the 35 day mark, I emailed my event coordinator about payment. NO RESPONSE. Two weeks from my first email, I sent her a follow-up email about payment...again NO RESPONSE. I reached out to some of the other BA's I worked with on that event, and they were experiencing the same issue I was having in communication with our coordinator.

By this time, I had actually started working another event with EPS, and had a different coordinator. I asked him for an alternate contact for payroll inquiries, and was able to speak to someone via email in payroll.

The Admin Paperwork Specialist – more... I spoke with (10/17/14) advised that it typically takes 45 days for payment, and that I should have received a check by now. She told me that payroll hadn't released checks for the last week of August, which was why no one received payment yet. She also told me that she couldn't give me an ETA on when I would receive my check. I waited a few days, and followed up on that email to see if I could get a time-frame on payment, and see if payments would even go out this month. Another Admin Paperwork Specialist was added to the email and responded that due to high volume, EPS is behind in getting payment out. She offered an apology, and said that they are working diligently to get payments out to people. She also told me that she could not give me a time-frame on when I would get paid. She said she would speak to payroll that coming Friday, and get back to me.

On (10/24/14) I reached out to payroll again to follow-up, and one of the admins advised this time that my name was not on payroll's list of payments that were processed that week. I was offered no further explanation, and again no time-frame as to when I would be paid.

The second admin responded to me stating as follows:

"I sincerely apologize for the unexpected delay in your payment. Since this is your first year working with EPS you may not have experienced this seasonality slow-down in payments. Apologies for the miscommunication as this is a normal cycle within our industry; it happens industry-wide and is not unique to us. As stated below, we strive to pay within 30-45 days after the event's completion, but unfortunately due to circumstances surrounding the seasonality of the event industry, some of our talent payments have been temporarily pushed beyond the 45 day mark which is why you have yet to receive a paycheck."

I'm beyond frustrated at this point. The admin also advised that EPS had only gotten up to paying out programs that ended the week of August 17th, 2014. ***I went ahead an cancelled the rest of the vents that EPS booked me for.***

I understand that things happen, and sometimes things go amiss, but none of this was communicated to me up front. I had to practically hunt someone down that could give me some part of an explanation on where my money is. If this was a singular incident, then I could understand, but NONE of the people that I worked the event with have received a response in regards to their payment inquiries. If payment typically takes 45 days, it needs to be communicated up-front before a person commits to the job. We are expected to show-up and show out, arrive early, provide satisfactory service, and represent the company in a professional manner at all times...but the company has not held up their end of the bargain. I hope someone from EPS sees this, because their business practices need to change. – less
Fun environment.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 5, 2014
Pros: could work at home if needed
My job was to schedule spokesmodels for a program we had. I would work with the models on what they needed to wear, say and other general information they needed to know about the job they were going to do.
My co-workers were great to work with, always a fun place to be in the office. Management was very supportive on what you were doing and any issues that may have come up
Pay is extremely delayed
Sales/Brand Promotion (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2014
Cons: delayed pay (2+months)
Going on 3 months and I have yet to receive pay- currently undergoing claim/involved in communication to expedite. I would NOT recommend this company
do NOT work here
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: you can work some events for extra money
Cons: pay is ridiculous, they will overwork you all the time, you work every single weekend
You are excepted to work ALL the time. Day, night and every single weekend. They promise flex time but it never happens because none of the upper management care to help out with any programs you are assigned to. The opportunity for growth is impossible! you will be at your same position getting paid the same for years, because they do not believe in salary increases OR bonuses.
You work work work ALL The time and never get praise but as soon as one client has one small complaint everyone has something to say about you. The do not care about creating a work/life balance which is why the regular employee can only work here about 6 months.
Working at events
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2013
part time job. was able to work at big festivals and events for big companies and corporations. Good pay.
Be prepared to give up your life, for very little reward.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 6, 2012
Pros: interesting assignments and good experience.
Cons: just a crazy, unpredictable, and unstable environment, not meant for people who expect much out of an employer.
The job could be really cool, if someone bothered to put an ethical and feasible structure in place. You will work every SINGLE day and there is no work-life balance. The leaders make a lot of empty promises and I guess try to put the image out that they are trying alleviate some of the crazy, but I get the sinking feeling they would prefer to chew you up and spit you out, rather than invest what it takes to retain a quality staff..

Just overall a disappointing, high stress, and frustrating environment, where people are quitting or getting fired constantly, in addition to an insane schedule. Not worth any amount of money (which isn't great) for the stress and anxiety you will endure.
Work Work Work all day long
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 24, 2012
Pros: get to experience the staffing industry on the other side
Cons: work 24/7 with zero recognition
Be prepared to work all of the time. Also the company promises flex time for working on the weekends, but never delivers that promise. You will work 7 days a week, treated with very little respect and provided with empty promises.

The company is always changing. When I say changing, I mean there is little job security. The CEO changes her mind about every 4 months of the direction she sees the company heading, which means alot of people leave the company or is fired.

Management is poor, there is zero communication. The person who controls the operations department can hardly work a computer let along manage people.
Great periodic job for extra money - fun too!
Team Lead - Product Promotion (Current Employee), Michigan and OhioMarch 24, 2011
Pros: good pay, helpful administrators, advance quickly, work when and where you want, safe, fun, job opportunities/information sent to your email, accept job opportunities online, online tracking of jobs, direct contact with administrator and sponsor
Cons: paid after sponsor pays company - approx 6 weeks, limited advancement, jobs not guaranteed due to high # of applicants, travel expenses not paid
Real company paying real wages for your time. Events are fun, opportunity to work with various sponsors, and network with people in your areas of choice. Get out of the house, go to places, do things, and meet people you wouldn't do otherwise... and make money doing it!