Eventbase is looking for a talented UX Analyst to join our team in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Founded in 2009, Eventbase builds an event app platform which we use to deliver official apps for small and large events - including the Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 Olympics, South By Southwest (SXSW), Lollapalooza, Sundance & Tribeca Film Festivals and many more.
Some of the benefits of working at Eventbase include:
- Fantastic opportunity to embrace mobile app development and learn what it takes to succeed in this very competitive market.
- Work with some of the best app developers in Vancouver who live, breathe and eat code just like you do.
- Work on some of the biggest events in the world -- and get to visit at least one every year, of your choice!
- Work in a cool, hip Yaletown office located just steps away from the Skytrain where you will find tech toys, dogs (yes, real ones) and great food around the block.
We're looking for a UX Analyst to help evolve Eventbase's product across a variety of platforms including native apps on iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android, Windows Phone and mobile web. This position will be responsible for incorporating new features and UX improvements into our product while working in a dynamic team environment. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
- Develop information architecture, user flows and navigation paradigms for our user-facing product as well as our client-facing back-end administration tools.
- Research and articulate descriptions of use cases and user flows with appropriate user research techniques; develop personas, sitemaps & user journeys and UX concepts.
- Plan, conduct, and summarize web and mobile usability studies.
- Deliver UX IA designs including concept sketches, heuristics, flows or wireframes and click-through demos/prototypes.
- Promoting strong standards for usability and user-centered design.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 1+ year of UX/UI design experience, including planning and crafting complex interfaces, mobile applications and websites
- BS/BA in Interactive Design, HCI or related degree preferred
- Agile UX experience preferred
- Knowledge of usability heuristics, UX best practices and patterns for mobile and touch applications preferred
- Experience working with clients and helping manage project requirements
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Fireworks, Omnigraffle, Keynote, and other UX/UI design and prototyping software
- Excellent organizational, leadership, teamwork and communication skills
Salaries are competitive with extended health and dental benefits, a bonus plan plus three weeks vacation. We strive to work smart and hard while maintaining a work-life balance that allows us to enjoy ourselves both in and outside the office.
How to Apply
Please send us your resume with an "epic" cover letter (1 page maximum) and let us know:
- How you will contribute to our Company Culture
- Why you may be the ideal candidate
- Why you want to build world class mobile event apps
- What is the best event (music festival, film festival, sport...) you've attended
- How you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event