Eventbase is looking for talented Android Developers to join our team in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Founded in 2009, Eventbase builds an event app platform which we use to deliver official apps for small and large events - including the Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 Olympics, South By Southwest (SXSW), Lollapalooza, Sundance & Tribeca Film Festivals and many more.
Some of the benefits of working at Eventbase include:
- Fantastic opportunity to embrace mobile app development and learn what it takes to succeed in this very competitive market.
- Work with some of the best app developers in Vancouver who live, breathe and eat code just like you do.
- Work on some of the biggest events in the world – and get to visit at least one every year, of your choice!
- Work in a cool, hip Yaletown office located 1 block from the Skytrain where you will find tech toys, dogs (yes, real ones) and great food around the block.
This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office where you will work with the development team and project managers to build and customize world-class Android mobile apps. As an Android developer, your role will be to join the Android team and provide solutions to build and expand our mobile event platform on Android. You have an innate knowledge of Java and the Android SDK, maybe you participate on Stack Overflow, have a Git Hub project or have attended Google I/O. You have also published apps on Google Play which you can show us.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Bsc. in Comp. Sci or equivalent degree or experience
- 2+ years of Android development experience
- 3+ years of Java experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of asynchronous network calls, threads, web services etc.
- Understanding of design patterns, algorithms and a love for elegant designs
- Great apps on the Play Store that you have built or participated in
- Ability to work in a team
- A collaborative work ethic; willing to learn, share and teach
- Strong communication skills
- Experience programming in PHP is a plus
Salaries are competitive with extended health and dental benefits, a profit sharing plan plus three weeks vacation. We strive to work smart and hard while maintaining a work-life balance that allows us to enjoy our region tucked in a beautiful, rugged landscape of mountains, seas, whales and bears with world-class food. We all have a love for cultures and diversity.
How to Apply
Send us your resume with an "epic" cover letter (1 page maximum) and let us know:
- How you will contribute to our Company Culture
- Why you may be the ideal candidate
- Why you want to build world class mobile event apps
- What is the best event (music festival, film festival, sport...) you've attended
- How you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event