Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of a small crew in all aspects of landscape installation and organic maintenance in the Vancouver area.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Clean driving record and ability to drive manual transmission truck
- Good communicator
- Must have a Horticulture Diploma, Organic Master Gardener Diploma or experience in the field
- Good knowledge of plants and pruning
- Be able to supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who perform the following duties: organic lawn maintenance, year-round garden care, and maintenance of other landscaped areas, top dressing, soil conditioning and laying sod; organic pest management, skilled pruning, planting trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals; construction of gardens, pathways, patios and landscape structures; raking and chipping leaves
- Be comfortable with small power tools (mechanical ability a plus)
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities within the crew and with the other crew
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit time-sheets, progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
WAGES OFFERED ARE $19-21/HOUR (based on experience)
POSITIONS - 2