Working at Evault really helped me develop in the QA and IT field. The management was great and gave me the tools to thrive in this field. I started off at Evault as a co-op student from Sheridan College. I did a four month work term with Evault and after the four months was completed I graduated and received my Ontario College Diploma in Computer Programmer. I was then hired on with Evault for another two four month contracts. During these contracts, I worked to prove my worth within the company. I succeeded in my goal of landing a full-time position within the company. Some of my duties at Evault included:
• Work in a team atmosphere.
• Write bug reports often (with Test Track Pro).
• Write test plans often (often with Test Link).
• Test company’s main application manually.
• Write tests in C# to automatically test company’s main application daily.
• Fix any broken tests written by me or my team.
• Use SQL often when using databases.
• Perform maintenance on auto test machines, physical and virtual.
• In charge of maintaining good results daily as well as reporting my findings.
• Create scripts using powershell and python to assist automation environment
• Use VMware products such as vSphere, vCenter, vConverter to create VMs and maintain VMs for automation purposes
I loved the people I worked with as well as the constant change in my job. I have had to learn many new things on the job such as Python scripting, powershell scripting, VMWare products, and Windows Azure to name a few. I enjoy learning new tools and programming languages that aid me in my field and I am a fast learner so it worked really well for me at Evault.