EV Logistics Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Job made for Robots!
Order Selector (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 8, 2016
Pros: paid training
Cons: Here Speed Matters Not Safety
I just got kicked out from this company after 2 months of hard work. They say I am not 100% fast in picking orders, which is practically not possible for any new guy. I worked hard on floor, pushing to do 100% all day but naturally was not fast enough. Few points to say here from my experience,
1.The job was tough with using head sets,
2.The task time is very low
3.They got safety first rule, but the actual rule was to pick fast no matter what!
At the end; Only a few can survive in this work who are fortunate in speed other will be kicked out for sure. That's why you see they are always hiring New Guys!
It was a very safe work envirnoment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Good wages
Cons: Strict policy
It was very safe while working at EV Logistics, but also the managers are unreasonable towards changing shifts. All the warehouse workers are nice and will help you along on the job.
Stressful do to corporate Running of buisness
narrow isle Mechine Operator (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Was able to get train and certified on MHE Equiptment
Cons: Stressful because of pressure to preform at the risk of safety
Each day seemed long and very stressful. I Learned you can not meet expectations for this company without risking your safety. Poor Management they would rather bring in new people to train rather to show respect to their senior employees. It was very difficult working with certain co-workers due to the lack of respect and lack of understanding of the majority of the co-workers due to the fact that 90% of the work force were not of English speaking Origns and it was hard to communicate and to be able to point out unsafe behavior. The Hardest part of the job was to complete my tasks safely as well as up to expectations. The Most Enjoyable part was getting to go home at the end of the day.
barbeques t-shirt giveaways
Order Picker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 1, 2016
On any given day you do not know what your equipment will be like which is quite stressful. Going forward their is bonuses in place for a good job.
God awful
Order Picker (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: None.
Cons: Everything.
Where do I start? Order picking is well...
As any job of this quality you are trained for about a week.
The only issue with this training is you are sucked in usually by someone in management for the first few days, expect to be doing a ton of paperwork.
After a few days they transition you to a 'trainer'. The only issue is that the trainer should have been training you from the start. It went from smiles to - not so much.
This is not an enjoyable job experience.
The 'trainer' takes you around shows you what to do, shows you how to operate machinery you will be using in everyday work, but does not quite explain how to use your headset.
Now the headset in this job is a joke. You will lose your mind with this headset, you will be repeating 'Say again??' about 10 times a freaking day. Oh and make sure your order is on time, or your pay gets docked. The whole system is messed up, did I mention how high the let-go rate is?
You're dispensable to this company, they don't care about you. And they will have you working like a slave horse.
Productive and fun experience
Labourer (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 24, 2015
Good hours heavy lifting a great team environment as well as competitive wages works well with schedule. Can pick up a shift at any time nice work force.
trainer
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee), Aldergrove, BCNovember 5, 2015
working with other training new staff, as well as packing shipping and receiving. There wasn't much hard times at this job the co workers where all east to get along with
Not a long term job
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee), Langley, BCSeptember 27, 2015
Its union so no one works hard all timed and you have to deal with these headsets that don't understand you and the work is hard on your body. Management is nice though and they train and basically give you whatever hours you want.
Repetitive work, good pay (for a student)
Picker (Current Employee), LangleyMay 22, 2015
Pros: Pay, scheduling
Cons: Repetitive work, solo work
Days go by fast. Management is fair and good people for the most part. overtime is always an option, okay pay incentives. Ability to go down to 2 shifts a week is great for students. Higher seniority workers who have been there for a while are very rude for the most part. Majority of people are helpful and welcoming.
Working in a busy cooler warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Work in a Cooler, Union benefits, very easy to learn and upgrade skills, very flexible with hours and school
Cons: Very physical, hard to keep performance rate up.
On a typical day we would come into work, and we would start off with a morning meeting on the floor. This is where the jobs for the day are assigned, based on seniority in the union. We could be put on another job at any moment as well. In my time at EV Logistics, I learned: Loading, unloading, putaways, letdowns, and picking.

I was trained and received certifications on: Narrow Aisle Reach, Dock Stacker, and Electric Pallet Jack at Ev Logistics.

My co-workers were great. We always had a laugh, even when our day just was not going right.

The hardest part of the job would have been the first two years when i was mostly picking. We would lift 50 pound boxes all day, building pallets. We also had strict performance monitoring which forced us to work harder and faster.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the days that we finished work early, and either got to go home, or were put on a better job such as driving the reach truck or loading.
Committed team working long hours,pressurized environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 9, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Growing Industry and Growth Opportunities
Cons: Long Hours, Work Weekends and Public Holidays
Set up Crew.
Daily Management Meeting.
Teamwork Essential.
friendly staff and managers
Picker (Current Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
very easy and going company. will work with you and family life. everyone is friendly and lot of team work there. a lot of helpful training and training in all areas of the company.
great job
on my resume (Current Employee), on my resumeAugust 13, 2014
Pros: we have lazy asholes everywhere
Cons: you see some hardworking guys especially in freezer side
i love it so much i wanna get EV tattoo on my forehead so everyone know that i dirt love my job and i can't live without it
Busy, Independant work
Warehouse Order Selector (Current Employee), Langley, BCMay 21, 2014
Pros: good pay, overtime
Cons: long hours, heavy repetitive lifting, & time based orders
Busy picking all day, good management, multicultural people, & everyday is the same day
Hard laborious job
Picker (Former Employee), AldergroveMarch 19, 2014
Day started at 6 in the morning, freezing cold inside. The job was kind of hard, where I had to do laborious work day after day, but good thing was that because of my hard working attitude, the management liked me a lot.
Hypocritical
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 16, 2014
Emphasis was always on speed and safety. These two do not go well together when you are operated high speed pallet jacks. Nor did I like company operating procedure.
productive
Order Picker (Current Employee), Langley, BCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches, gift cards
Cons: constant hours
good work place
helpful management
good empolee
haelthy
peacful
little to enjoy about the job and very lonely.
Order Picker (Current Employee), Langley, BCNovember 11, 2012
Pros: job is secure and plenty of hours available.
Cons: repetitive and lonely
Very repetitive work days with little to learn. Management is professional but at times un-attentive. Always working alone so no time to socialize with co-workers. physically exhausting (a lot of repetitive heavy lifting)
Enjoyable palce to work.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Abbotsford B.CAugust 27, 2012
Working at Ev Logistics tends to be difficult at times though it is a very approving job. Working at Ev is great but I want job where your life does not get overtaken by your job. During my time at Ev I have learnt that to be successful you have to work with dedication. The hardest part of my job is when there is a large order and for many hours I have to carry boxes which can weigh about 50-100 pounds.My co-workers are very kind and trustworthy.