[please read entire posting before applying]
Join our excellent team! An Etobicoke animal clinic is currently seeking a veterinary receptionist/assistant. We adopt a paperless records practice and also use digital x-rays. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for those looking to work in this field. We are located in the west end of Toronto.
TITLE: Veterinary Receptionist / Veterinary Assistant
SHIFTS: Full Time, Weekend, Day, Evening
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Etobicoke, Ontario (1 vacancy)
EDUCATION: Minimum completion of high school. Related post-secondary education would be an asset.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year to 2 years of related experience
LANGUAGE: Speak English, Read English, Write English
COMPUTER SOFTWARE: AviMark
- Comfortable with animals
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills (i.e. pleasant and friendly manner with clients, professional phone etiquette, etc.)
- Motivated, team player, independent, organized, able to multitask, easy to train, quick learner
- Reception duties include, but not limited to, answering phones, data entry, booking appointments, and retail work.
- Veterinary assistant duties include, but not limited to, assisting the doctor in medical procedures, animal restraint, walking dogs, and maintaining a clean environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of AviMark client database
- Previous experience with clients
- Previous experience with animals
- Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, attention to detail
- Working with people and animals
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please forward your resume application with “Veterinary Receptionist - Indeed” in the title.
- State your availability over the next 6-8 months.
We thank all that apply but those only selected for an interview will be contacted.