Read entire posting for application instructions. Incomplete/incorrect submissions will not be reviewed.
Our veterinary team located in the west end of Toronto is currently seeking a VETERINARY receptionist/assistant. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for those looking to work in this field.
TITLE: VETERINARY Assistant/Receptionist
POSTING DATE: May 2014
SHIFTS: Full Time, Part Time, Weekend, Day, Evening
SALARY: TBD – based on previous experience
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Etobicoke, Ontario (1 vacancy)
EXPERIENCE: 1 year to 2 years of related experience
LANGUAGE: Speak English, Read English, Write English
EDUCATION: Related post-secondary education is an asset
COMPUTER SOFTWARE: AviMark
- Previous experience working with animals
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of AviMark client database
- Comfortable with a variety of animals (e.g., for walking, restraint, etc.)
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills (e.g., pleasant and friendly with clients, professional phone etiquette, etc.)
- Motivated, self-starter
- Team player
- Organized, able to multitask
- Easy to train, quick learner
- Provide client support (i.e. greet clients, answer questions, etc.)
- Obtain and process information required to provide services
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Operate telephone - answer, screen, and forward telephone calls
- Feed patients
- Walk dogs
- Record and relay information, and provide support to the veterinarian and team
- Assist in clinical procedures
- Dog and cat restraint
- Maintain a clean environment
- Managing till
- Order office supplies
- Bill clients and discharge patients
- Data entry and clerical (i.e. filing)
- Opening and closing duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, attention to detail
- Working with people and animals
HOW TO APPLY:
A brief cover letter and resume are required for this application. In your introduction, all of the following information must be clearly answered.
(1) Title your application “Veterinary Receptionist – May 2014”
(2) State your availability over the next 6-8 months.
(3) State the following sentence: “I am aware this job is located in Etobicoke, ON.”
(4) State the website in which you learned about this job posting.
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.