Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun company to work for.
Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJune 25, 2014
Pros: bonuses, free products, catered events
I truly enjoyed working for this company along with my immediate coworkers. We all got along great and gave 100% to the company.

Only downside was because it was inside of a department store, our cosmetics manager had no experience at all with the department and
expected us to do certain things to bring in new clients and all it did was upset the customers – more... and even caused lack of sales. – less
Family Orientated Company
Business Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2014
Overall, it is a lovely company. Execution pace is very slow...extremely slow. Due to the top heavy alignment.
great brand
(PPT) Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), brisbaneJune 19, 2014
Pros: products
Cons: hours
beautiful products and stuff.
great lively environment. management is very positive and very active
productive
General factory worker (Former Employee), Lauder, SCTJune 18, 2014
the good thing about this job is you make a lot of new friends everybody's friendly and its easy but hardworking.
Goal driven, team environment.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2014
Love the company and what it stands for. Learned an abundance about the industry as well as the company and its respective brands and products.
great company
Sales- Freelance (Former Employee), new york, new yorkJune 10, 2014
great company cant complain. I only worked as a freelancer, therefore I had no actual contact with corporate.
Training and Development
Manager (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJune 8, 2014
Pros: excitement about new products, increased morale, and education.
Estee Lauder gives employees continuous training such as management trainings, product knowledge training, and new product launch training. Employees attend three full-day seminars a year to learn about new product launches and sales strategies. Managers attend full-day employee develpment training once a month.
Great place to work. Looks after their staff
Warehouse Administrator (Current Employee), Warehouse AdminJune 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits, summer working hours.
Cons: early mornings.
Estee Lauder is a great place to work. I have learned a great deal whilst at Estee Lauder. I have been a super power user whilst helping the company go through a successful implementation of the SAP system. I had to help test the system through 6 months of rigorous testing. Then teach the staff within the company how to use the system before going live. – more... Then once live I was part of the trouble shooting team helping people to use the system and fix problems that would occur within the "hyper care " period. I have also learned that I work well under pressure and can handle hostile situations when they rarely occurred. My calm and welcoming approach has created great working relationships between my department and other departments we work closely with. The hardest part of my job is the Christmas period when the demand is very high and I have to plan and get the work processed ready for the warehouse to get out on time and accurately. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of getting the ready on time for the warehouse to despatch to the stores in time for their launches. – less
It's a great place to work for.
Chemical Pre-WeighTechnician (Current Employee), Bristol, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: the challenges
Cons: temprary work for me and the pay.
The company is very concerned about there workers and safety. They communicate with the people on the floor, My co-workers are friendly and they work s a team. Not only do learn your job, your also able to share your knowledge of your past history of manufacturing work that can make there job easier in the years to come.
prestigious
Administrative Sales Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
extensive data entry
strong communication skills
Bilingual skills neccessary
Fun place to work
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2014
Achieve sales goals while displaying prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and professional customer service.
Present and sell merchandise in a professional and proficient manner through product demonstrations.
Train, coach, and develop a staff of beauty advisors to achieve their personal productivity and Company goals and objectives.
Support selling effort – more... by maintaining department through stock replenishment and good housekeeping procedures. – less
Productive Workplace
Intern in Natural Products laboratory (Current Employee), Melville NYApril 11, 2014
I have worked as an Intern in Estee Lauder Inc., for last tow semesters in Bio Actives Laboratory. I have performed different literature research on active ingredients.
Relaxed Workplace
Make-Up Artist, John Lewis (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGApril 6, 2014
Pros: training, new products
Cons: pay
Estee lauder is a little bit more laid back, and you just have to make sure you know the ins and outs of all the skincare. A lot of maturer customers have been long term loyal customers, and its always important giving them the right advice.

I have learnt a lot from Estee Lauder, the customer service is amazing and how to advise your client with what – more... they need. You are still target based, and need to be hitting your targets on a weekly basis.

There is not anything I can think of that was hard and pressurizing about Estee Lauder, it was much more relaxed. The enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday, teaching them about skincare and make-up.

I used to do events every month, with around 20 ladies, so incremental business ideas on how to increase the make-up side of the business. I used to enjoy that majorly! – less
A day at Estee Lauder
Business Manager (Current Employee), Casa Grande, AZApril 2, 2014
Pros: excellent estee lauder training, customer loyaty
Cons: not enough hours to cover the department, management e-mail access only on office computer off the sales floor
A typical day starts with opening the registers, and store meeting.
I walk the counter making sure we are customer ready.
I have learned so very much with Estee Lauder, Learning to put the customer first, working on her agenda, not mine.
"Estee Lauder philosophy is to help every woman look and feel her most beautiful by providing a personalized experience – more... and recommending the best products for her."
I may have pre-booked appointments, so will research my clients to review their needs. I will call clients to say Thank You.
We may get a truck, that involves pricing and putting away stock, reviewing the customers waiting list, call if their products came in. The hardest part of my job is events, even though it is expected to be busy, sometimes there is not enough time to work with each client. Booking a follow up appointment where I can treat her to a
3 minute Beauty tip or spa appointment.
My co-workers and managers are amazing they step in and help out when times are busy. we support each other.
It is most rewarding when a client returns to show me the results of using her personalized skincare. – less
love it
Estee Lauder Counter Manager (Current Employee), Layton, UTApril 1, 2014
Pros: family oriented, free product
Cons: no paid vacation if your part time
great product and wonderful company
management is nice
coworkers are nice
maintaining sales is the hardest
working with great customers
7- Eleven Inc. I learned a new set of conflict management skills dealing with disgruntled customers.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: $800.00 gratis
Cons: commission for self
Estee Lauder : I learned how to focus on a group of people by paying close attention to details and by listening to every question and giving an answer, and going back and getting the answers I did not know and followed up with customers with a phone call.

I gladly catered to each person and connected customers to other coworkers Pearl Spanish in Elizabeth – more... Arden, Miauy (Mi Mi) nickname Mandarain chinese clinique, Katrina in Clarins, Russian, Lillilen Clarins, French speaking four ladies interpreted for me. I referred customers to those counters.

I went out of my way to help my coworkers by asking them if they needed stock from the basement. I became flexible and more resilent. I overcame new hire obstacles of not knowing the industry.

I came up with a plan of action to doube my daily sales quota and focus on the customer regardless of the highs and lows of sales.
I made each customer feel special and appreciated. – less
Fun Company to Work For
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 24, 2014
Great culture, I worked with a very supportive management team during my time there.
Great place to work to develop new skills and expertise and lead others to success
Field Education Director (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn new skills, great benefits.
Leading others to success. Meeting and collaborating with experts in the industry. Coaching & Developing skills and talents.
It was fun to be there and a good crowd of peopletoo wrok with
Goods in, Despatch and returns (Former Employee), Fareham, ENGMarch 20, 2014
I really enjoyed working here until i broke my elbow this was through an agency i made a lot of friends here
Retail and Supply Chain
Senior Stock Controller (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 16, 2014
During my 3 years with Estee Lauder companies I have learned balancing and leveling in different sites stock levels not just by monthly forecasting but more importantly day-to-day basis by importancy versus urgency.

About Estee Lauder

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, – Read more