Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work to develop new skills and expertise and lead others to success
Field Education Director (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn new skills, great benefits.
Leading others to success. Meeting and collaborating with experts in the industry. Coaching & Developing skills and talents.
It was fun to be there and a good crowd of peopletoo wrok with
Goods in, Despatch and returns (Former Employee), Fareham, ENGMarch 20, 2014
I really enjoyed working here until i broke my elbow this was through an agency i made a lot of friends here
Retail and Supply Chain
Senior Stock Controller (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 16, 2014
During my 3 years with Estee Lauder companies I have learned balancing and leveling in different sites stock levels not just by monthly forecasting but more importantly day-to-day basis by importancy versus urgency.
Director of AR needs to go
Credit and collections coordinator (Current Employee), MelvilleMarch 9, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: management, their best interest is themselves not the company.
HR needs to have someone evaluate what management of AR is not doing. They BS all day and stress out the employees but allow their friend who works in the dept. come and go as they please. Also, Exec. Director too busy making friends with the young people on facebook to include hanging out... There you go advancement....PAY ATTENTION TO THE EMPLOYEES – more... WHO HAVE WORKED THERE FOREVER AND ARE TREATED NOT SO WELL. Hmmm could that be because they aren't in their 20's sounds like an issue. – less
amazing team work, amazing company
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great team work, company education, great support
The most enjoyable and memorable part of working with Estee Lauder, was all my team member's my counter manager so much love and support , it was so much fun working together like the strong team we were , which lead to such an amazing experience with customers and sales pro-activity.
a very productive place to work.
Assembler/Set-Up Attendant (Former Employee), Oakland, NJFebruary 20, 2014
i really liked working here i was on my feet, the entire shift working really hard.
A positive experience will be contingent upon role and department
Design Director (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: many opportunities for education, inclusion initiatives, and community outreach within company; company store and gratis.
Cons: crowded office space that is not well kept, weak brand strategies on certain brands, low morale is widespread in some departments.
It's easy to get stuck in a corner with no recognition or career advancement if you are not paired with the right manager, not working in a good department, or lack exposure to senior leadership.

Many outdated practices and processes, which are not consistent across all brands (or even teams within brands).
Well established and respected in the industry
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Westfield, NJFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: longstanding history and respected product
Estee Lauder was my first experience in the retail world
Learned about best practices in the business
Prompted my passion of cosmetics and retail
Review of Daily Responsibilities
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Paris, TNFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: gets free samples of products
Cons: none!
• Coordinating and maintaining floor and stock areas consistent with store standards in presentation and hygiene requirements
• Unpacking new merchandise deliveries in a timely manner should be stored in a place that does not obstruct customer access to the department
• Ensuring timely set-up including signage for promotional events
• Following procedures – more... for all systems including AIR, counts, markdowns, retickets, inventory control, and RTV’s
• Maintaining store and vendor professional dress standards (uniforms) and appearance
• Cooperating with fellow associates and management
• Complying with store policies concerning attendance, tardiness, and associate handbook
• Accepting additional duties or share responsibilities during busy times and/or as requested by Area Sales Manager/Merchandise Coordinator/Store Manager
• Assisting with all non-sell duties as assigned by Counter Manager/Area Sales Manager/Merchandise Coordinator/Store Manager where appropriate
• Maintaining open lines of communication with store management, account executive, and vendor management – less
Enjoyable work, great staff
Associate (Former Employee), Metro CentreJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: hourly pay rate plus commission
Cons: poor hours - not enough hours being an associate
- A day at work consisted of keeping the counter tidy and organised, keeping stock full as possible, serving customers, working towards a daily target, colour matching customers to foundations and other products, traffic stopping people to help gain customers and get sales.
- I learned how to develop great customer skills, how to apply makeup appropriately – more... onto others. I learned all about Estee Lauder products, from their makeup range to fragrance and skin care.
- The manager was well organised, fair, and helped a lot, as did my co-workers who I also got on well with.
- The hardest part of the job was trying to create a busy buzz on a quiet day. But I still gave 100% in trying to traffic stop people and showing them the latest products by Estee Lauder.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside people who were passionate about what they do, learning new skills, and working with the public. – less
Productive and a fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee), Lauder, SCTJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: looked after staff with incentives and bonuses
Cons: none really just management were a bit awkward at times
Enjoyed my time at Estee Lauder

Day to day account management , Enjoyed the drive and very much a self motivated job
Great Benefits, but politics overshadow
North American Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, employee support from a hr standpoint
Cons: political, certain top managers are allowed to treat employees poorly with no consequence
Estee Lauder offers great benefits and employee support, but it is a very political arena. Every division is run differently, but poor employment is tolerated by top management. Also, poor management of certain divisions based on micromanaging senior management which has a trickle down affect on all employees--demotivating and frustrating.
productive and fun work place
Beauty & Cosmetics Consultant for Westgate House (Former Employee), Lauder, SCTDecember 16, 2013
Pros: got loads of perks
a typical day at work was enjoyable and had many prospects. what i learnt at my job was meeting and greeting customers in the shop and also handling the problems and solving them. my management were good anf friendly. my co-workers were friendly. the hardest of the job was dealing with complaints. my most enjoyable part of the job was selling the products – more... and putting makeup on peeople and also cleaning the area. – less
Excellent learing experience and fun environment.
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 14, 2013
Pros: store discouts, gratis twice a year, and good benefits.
Cons: distance, inconsitant schedule, hours as late 12am immediately followed by opening at 5:45am.
A typical day at work starts with checking my email to look for any updates or changes sent from corporate Then I call all customers that I have helped at the counter the day before and thank them for stopping in. After that I update my paperwork for the counter after the sales numbers are updated from the day before. I check my coworkers daily tracking – more... sheet from the day before and type up my critiques and send them off to the Account Coordinator. I then go out into the store and walk around trying to recruit women to come to the counter by telling them about special offers to help drive sales and recruit new Estee Lauder customers. I have a conference call with the other managers and Account Executives and Coordinators. Throughout the day I continue to recruit and spend time with my coworker and coaching her. Coaching implies that I have to explain upcoming events, how we are going to prepare and execute, help her with her selling techniques and how to drive sales, and talk with her about her work performance. I also help customers and give them knowledge about our products. I give demonstrations with skincare and makeup.

Working as a counter manager at Estee Lauder has taught me how to functionally run a counter. It has strengthened my organization, teaching, and management skills.

I work partly for Belk, Inc. and Estee Lauder so I have several different managers. At Belk my management includes the department manager and the store manager. They are both very supportive and respect me in the way that they trust me and how I manage the counter. With Estee Lauder I answer to my Account Coordinator and the Account Executive. The Account Coordinator works with my team three times a month. She also communicates with me several times a day for a sale reading at certain hours and helps me with any questions I have. The Account Executive I see about six times a year. She has the overall say about each counter in the market and what should happen every month.

My co-workers respect me and my teachings. We are able to work as a team. They have no hesitation asking me questions regarding knowledge about an event, product, or even their daily required paperwork. I give my team praise and also teach them how to better the work that they are doing to get more clientele and produce more sales.

The hardest part of my job is making sure that my team stays focused when I am not there.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making women look and feel beautiful. – less
Productive workplace with a lot of responsibility
Key Holder/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CADecember 9, 2013
As a manager for Estee there was a lot of responsibility on my part. Everything from guiding other employees and educating customers to inventory, shipments and stock. I had to for see the entire store and made sure everything ran smoothly and when a problem would arise I was the one that had to solve it in the most professional way. I really liked – more... the responsibility and the fact that I was trusted to run a store without any help or supervision. I enjoyed that my employer was confident in me to get the job done. – less
ESTEE LAUDER
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free stuff, continued education.
Cons: ugly uniforms, bad management, hours suck!!!
THE EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH THE COMPANY IT SELF WAS WONDERFUL. I DO NOT REGRET MY EXPERIENCE THERE. I ENJOYED EVERY MOMENT WORKING WITH THEM.
great work enviroment
Management, customer service and sales (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: manager oppurtunity
Cons: leaving
managing a fast pace business and staying busy is a rush. got the chance to learn so many things through different schools. meeting new people from all over
Great place to start in Cosmetics
Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 19, 2013
Estee Lauder has a wonderful training and education program for new makeup artist.
The encourage to set high standards for yourself.
Work
Mangement (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2013
many people May Enjoy working for Estee Lauder, Great Company!
This was the most incredible company in the world!
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Juan, PROctober 7, 2013
I started working behind the Estee Lauder counter when I was 18 yrs. old. One day, I was offered the position as Training Associiate (bi-lingual) in Miami. I relocated Universities and the dream of my life began. I trained and did many special events (including opening two Estee Lauder Spas). I enjoyed those years so much that it left an impression – more... on me. There was no hard part of the job because it was all enjoyable. I miss the training part very much because I love to see people grow. – less

About Estee Lauder

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, – Read more

Estee Lauder Photos