Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Easy Job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 October 2015
The job itself was easy and fellow co-workers are nice. The majority are asian being from India, Pakistan, China and Philippines. The disadvantage to this place is that temporary employees are like slaves that are put on a two year with very little opportunity to secure a permanent full-time job. I know a lady who worked here for six years doing two year contracts with a one year layoff in between contracts and was never hired. Her manager wanted to hire her, but the Senior Manager never wanted to hire. This sort of practice is just shameful. The pay is low, with very little ability to secure a full-time permanent job as they don't want to hire and pay benefits.
Really enjoyed working for this company
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2015
Met lots of interesting people and enjoyed helping them select the best products suitable for their specific needs. Regularly reviewed the counter and merchandised, cleaned, done paperwork, and provided make-overs and demonstrations for customers as required.

I learned managerial skills, how best to organise things, Estee Lauder trained in all areas of beauty.

Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I made lots of friends who I remain in contact with.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it to return home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers to feel beautiful.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
No leadership or support, stressful and not worth it.
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2015
I'm sure every experience is different by territory. I was excited, hard working and motivated but my "leader", after promising help and support, promptly abandoned our counter. I have been a leader, and had many great ones and this was definitely the most disappointing experience. Minimal communication or support, high stress, tons of putting in your own hours and absolutely no thanks or appreciation or guidance.

Really the only thing I loved about this job is the customers and the other cosmetic girls.

I have met reps for other counters like Lancome and Chanel, they are very energetic, positive and supportive of their BA's and Counter Managers. I would steer clear of Lauder.
Pros
Gratis Is the Only Pro.
Cons
No support or guidance, No appreciation, High Stress
productive fun place to work
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2015
Fun doing maths, working with friendly co-workers, responsible team player, Nice to see the manager smiling at all times. Company gave free gifts every three months, the company is well organized and clean. Inventory was most enjoyable part of work and so was picking orders. Replenishing was the hardest part of the job. The best thing was we finished work at 1pm on fridays
Pros
BBQ party every summer
Cons
lots of overtime
same as mention on above
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 March 2015
this company overall good performance that was i toid you in my above job prescription.
if i said about co worker are nice behaviour and always remind safety
management also good.they arrange meeting and remind safety related any coincident happening in other company.
Pros
safety related enjoyment
overall its good company
Line Setup Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 March 2015
In that company nice environment.
I learned team work,organize and cooperative work.
they have good management.how to manage and how to do work safely.
my co worker is nice they are trying to me teach everything and guide me.
Pros
safety related enjoyment
Cons
Very clean and safe environment
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2015
Loved to work in a company which is the most popular cosmetic company in GTA. I learned to do Inventory control of products by the assistance of my supervisor. The management was always helpful and courteous. All my co-workers young and old were fabulous. I liked to work there as I got more to know more about the cosmetic products which I myself use nowadays. I recommend them to my friends and family.
Pros
Party and lunches
Cons
Not hiring only on contract.
established company in north America with having good reputation
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lauder, MB12 February 2015
nice working atmosphere, team work,possible if person having ability to learn to achieve the goals there is a chance. everything planed before taking action people are nice. good management skills are used to keep the reputation up i learned o lot in this company i was packer when i join the company through agency but when my contract finished i was working as a machine operator on line 11 there i assist the process coordinator in variance,inventory of component to be used or return. performs line clearance after job finished.experienced in working in a GMP environment. also member of same line 11 changeover team.
Friday Fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bristol, NB21 December 2014
On Fridays we usually had a light day with lunch meetings outside and fun staff meetings. We were also allowed to wear jeans on Fridays. It was a fun atmosphere with a lot of mingling and meeting people at work.
inventory control clerk
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  550, petrolia rd1 December 2014
I have had chance to learn how to count inventory by using SAP software and gave accurate report to my inventory control supervisor.
Packaging make up
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario22 November 2014
Decent job for people desperately needing one. Line work, packaging make up, filling make up bottles. Packing the make up into the shipping boxes. Best part of the job was the free stuff and employee discounts
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Factory work, so doing a lot of the same thing for a long time
Fun Work Place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON14 November 2014
It's General labour work
To operate a machine
but learn more
Productive and fun place to work
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 September 2014
All Line leaders are very helpful n teach u a lot. New comers are welcomed warmly and helped well.
Pros
We get a complimentary grab bag filled with beauty products every 3months
Cons
Over time available almost every week
Excellent work environment
Global Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 September 2014
A typical day included the procurement of goods and services for internal and external customers, also, worked diligently to satisfy the needs of internal customers. I recognized that it is sometimes difficult to satisfy all customers, however, keeping customers updated and having a dialogue helped to improve and build collegial relationships. The majority of my colleagues were respectful and supportive. The most difficult aspect of the job was when suppliers were not able to meet their demands. It was very satisfying when my colleagues and Sr. Management were pleased with my job performance.
Pros
The social committee and the company's effort to support worthy causes
Cons
The challenge working with some difficult colleaques
best place i have worked so far
Pre-weigh Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2014
excellent working environment
lots of things to learn.
chances for career enhancement.
Good place to get government work expereince.
Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2014
Good place to get government work experience.
You learn about the government election process.
Pros
One can learn more about municipal elections
Cons
Boring job
Amazing job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  markham, ON19 July 2014
Very fun place to work.You get to learn a lot. i really miss working there, it is a temporary job .
department manger
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 July 2014
managed cosmetic department-attended monthly meetings for new product training-great co-workers
hated it
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  toronto, on25 June 2014
horrible awful warehouse job if there is no work you have to pretend like your working or they send you home
great
Pre-weigh Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2014
good place and satisfied with my job opportunity
learned a lot. management was very cooperative.coworkers was very supportive. everything was enjoyable about my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2