Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Production Assembler (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: we get a complimentary grab bag filled with beauty products every 3months
Cons: over time available almost every week
All Line leaders are very helpful n teach u a lot. New comers are welcomed warmly and helped well.
Excellent work environment
Global Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: the social committee and the company's effort to support worthy causes
Cons: the challenge working with some difficult colleaques
A typical day included the procurement of goods and services for internal and external customers, also, worked diligently to satisfy the needs of internal customers. I recognized that it is sometimes difficult to satisfy all customers, however, keeping customers updated and having a dialogue helped to improve and build collegial relationships. The majority of my colleagues were respectful and supportive. The most difficult aspect of the job was when suppliers were not able to meet their demands. It was very satisfying when my colleagues and Sr. Management were pleased with my job performance.
best place i have worked so far
Pre-weigh Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2014
excellent working environment
lots of things to learn.
chances for career enhancement.
Good place to get government work expereince.
Liaison Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 1, 2014
Pros: one can learn more about municipal elections
Cons: boring job
Good place to get government work experience.
You learn about the government election process.
Amazing job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), markham, ONJuly 19, 2014
Very fun place to work.You get to learn a lot. i really miss working there, it is a temporary job .
department manger
Department Manager (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJuly 7, 2014
managed cosmetic department-attended monthly meetings for new product training-great co-workers
hated it
Package Handler (Former Employee), toronto, onJune 25, 2014
horrible awful warehouse job if there is no work you have to pretend like your working or they send you home
great
Pre-weigh Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
good place and satisfied with my job opportunity
learned a lot. management was very cooperative.coworkers was very supportive. everything was enjoyable about my job.
Good work environment.
Order Processor (Former Employee), 550 Petrolia RoadMay 27, 2014
Cons: short lunch hour
Day starts at 7am
Order processing requires you to be on your feet all day. Its extremely fast paced so you have to make sure that errors are minimal.
Co workers were great and it took no time at all to get to know everyone.
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet.
Review on my career with Estee Lauder
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 13, 2014
Pros: free products!
Cons: you might need to work overtime sometimes before and during events.
I have been working in cosmetics for my whole career to this point. I come from a family of beauticians, it was no surprise I would fall in love with this industry and make it a part of my life. I love what I do. I get to talk to women and help them feel and look there most beautiful. It's a challenge at times, you almost feel like you are a therapist of some sort. The hardest part of the job is that you can never perfect your position, you are always tweaking your sales performance, your execution of events. It is the hardest but one of the main reasons this job has had my heart for so long. Everyday is a challenge. Everyday you are meeting new people, with new concerns. it is a new day for experiences for the customers as well so making sure I am always on top of my game, that I have the latest knowledge on products and expert advice and tips is key to driving a successful business. I have learned a lot and have gained so much knowledge working in cosmetics and for Estee Lauder. I have learned what it would feel like to own my own business. from planning to execution of events and daily business on top I feel I am ready for any challenge thrown at me. Management acknowledge all you do and will help guild you and mentor you to where you want to grow and where you would like to be. The most enjoyable part of my day is putting smiles on new and existing clients. I truly find being a Beauty Advisor such an important role to girls and women all over the world who are looking to address any skincare/makeup concerns or who are simply looking for the latest tips and tricks.
Fast paced, high volume clientele
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: lots of people to meet
Cons: lots of pressure
Working at a beauty counter selling skincare, fragerance, and cosmetics.
Good company to work for
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2014
need to work on day/night/weekend. I love this job except the working hours and salary, it is wonderful job for a young girl without kids. I do more customer service than selling.
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good work environment, helpful people
Cons: on call basis
it is a good place to work , safety first is the concept , people are friendly and helpful
Engineering experience gets to know how to apply your skills in the real world
Safety Management Engineer for production process (Former Employee), Markham OntarioFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, parties at work
Cons: overtime
Helps us to know about the engineering field. Management of this company was really good, helpful and cooperative.
Sales and Beauty advising
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 27, 2014
Prestigious, sophisticated and glamorous products
Appreciation for hard work
Understanding
tough customers sometimes
the satisfaction and joy on a customer's face
great place to start working
Cashier Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: gratis, friendly work environment
Cons: long hours, shift work
• Quickly build rapport with customers in order to
• Listen to customers’ wants and needs and determine how to best meet them
• Schedule and coordinate activities
• Event planning
• Help customers find the right products for their skin, whether that is skin care, foundation, lip stick or eye shadow.
• Show customers how to apply makeup correctly.
No Chance For Advancement
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2014
No Chance For Advancement
Management is poor
Employees are not treated well
Productive & friendly workplace
Floor Man (Former Employee), Lauder, MBDecember 9, 2013
Pros: got along well with everyone
I would start off by sorting boxes with merchandise in it on a skid for half of the day. The next half I would scan boxes with the scan gun. I would sometimes work in shipping printing lables for boxes and wrapping skids packed with merchandises.

I learned how to work the UPS label printer, and how to work the shrink wrapping machine to wrap skids

The management was great, and I got along well with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is when the busy months come along. Working at a faster paste.
I enjoyed working in shipping and learning to do new tasks.
Fast pace
Assembler (Current Employee), Markham, ONOctober 13, 2013
Pros: free make up
A typical day at work is working on an assembly line checking inspecting and dis-guarding unwanted goods for production. I have learn how to work in a fast pace environment and filling out paper work. management and co-workers are good to work with but there isn't much time to socialize on the job. The hardest part is getting along with everyone and the most enjoyable part is meeting new people
Productive and strict workplace
Production worker (Current Employee), Markham ONJune 13, 2013
Pros: great culture
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work would be, doing light stretches, listening to the line leader where as they would tell you what you are doing for the day. performing the tasks and then cleaning up the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be having the physical and mental stamina to perform remedial tasks. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the co workers are very friendly and everyone looks out for one another
Headquarters