Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Busy Make up Counter
Make up Artist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 17, 2016
Excellent place to work if you become permanent to receive discount on product, benefits and bonus. I however do not have enough hours to make a living. I am looking to use my knowledge and education to become a legal assistant or administrative assistant in a more professional job atmosphere. I have gained excellent customer service and top sales when in a team or managing independently. Well organized and great time management.
Last resort place you want to work
scientist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
I had the WORST experience of my career history to work in Estee Lauder Canada, I am so disappointed about their poor management, poor knowledge about science and claiming they are working in GMP environment????

People treat you SO BADLY specially if you are hired from agency
you don't even treat your DOG like that.

Supervisors have no clue about how to run Quality Assurance Lab
If you know and try to correct things around you will be the worst person ever.

only the management are making the easy money sitting on their chair and close the door.
Pros
Nothing good about this company
Cons
I will never never buy any product belong to this company
At team work environment growth within the company
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 17, 2016
Working at Estee Lauder has provided me with the tools necessary to commit myself to rigorous yet a disciplined time table.working 5 days a weekm 7am to 3pm (if overtime was not implicated that week). working as a production assistant, you're not only working with people of the same job obligations but you are also accompanied by experts in management such as quality control, that facilitate team work that is important for meeting the day to day goals assigned for mass production within the working unit.
Pros
1. working with people of all aspects of the company to teach you about production and management, that would deem useful for the future
Cons
1. mobility towards greater opportunities within the company, were not attainable
Easy Job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 29, 2015
The job itself was easy and fellow co-workers are nice. The majority are asian being from India, Pakistan, China and Philippines. The disadvantage to this place is that temporary employees are like slaves that are put on a two year with very little opportunity to secure a permanent full-time job. I know a lady who worked here for six years doing two year contracts with a one year layoff in between contracts and was never hired. Her manager wanted to hire her, but the Senior Manager never wanted to hire. This sort of practice is just shameful. The pay is low, with very little ability to secure a full-time permanent job as they don't want to hire and pay benefits.
That was good experience
Set-up Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 24, 2016
That was good experience . I learnt a lot from there . They also have some good programs , that helps you to grow while working . to get there is also very easy , as this plant is almost in between of the city .
Productive and fun to work
Assembly line staff/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 4, 2016
its fast phase work and you have to give your full concentration since we do certain expensive products in the plant and cant afford to make mistakes.
overall people are fun to work with and then you do meet one or two that's hard to deal with, but always found my around in that place with my patience and humor.
Amazing dynamic company!
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2016
Estee Lauder is one of the most interesting and fun employers I ever had the pleasure to work for. The management is supportive and motivating!
Really enjoyed working for this company
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Met lots of interesting people and enjoyed helping them select the best products suitable for their specific needs. Regularly reviewed the counter and merchandised, cleaned, done paperwork, and provided make-overs and demonstrations for customers as required.

I learned managerial skills, how best to organise things, Estee Lauder trained in all areas of beauty.

Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I made lots of friends who I remain in contact with.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it to return home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers to feel beautiful.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
same as mention on above
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 17, 2015
this company overall good performance that was i toid you in my above job prescription.
if i said about co worker are nice behaviour and always remind safety
management also good.they arrange meeting and remind safety related any coincident happening in other company.
Pros
safety related enjoyment
Cons
If it is a technician job, dont bother
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 13, 2015
Worked in the maintenance department. Maintenance department wasn't bad overall. but they pay one person on maintenance as a "millwright" and the others as "maintenance technicians". the maintenance techs report to production supervisors. Some production supervisors were pretty good, some were completely useless. but if a production supervisor does not like you for whatever reason, could be the way you look, your gone. They did pay good and provided apprenticeships which is a good thing if your starting out as an apprentice. you wont learn to much about general millwright practices, just set-up and changeovers, mainly pneumatics troubleshooting but that's it. They have lathes, milling machines, and a welding set up, but if you spend to much time fabricating you will get in trouble for being off the line too long, even though you a making a part/repair for the machine. Even if the line is running and you leave to make a repair or even grab a tool you will get in trouble. Only the "millwrights" can perform certain maintenance procedures. the "maintenance techs" are more set-up/glorified operator/part changer. During my time, they promoted a line worker to a production supervisor and that supervisor told me how long it should take to fix the machine because and line worker knows better than a millwright. when i needed to get parts (which were completely disorganized) i would get in trouble for leaving the line for too long, when i had to fix the machine. operators were pretty useless, could not even clear jams or stop machines if they needed to. I never even got locks to lockout  more... machine and i was there quite a while.  less
Pros
grab bags. (only seen one)
Cons
Poor Management, lack of operator skills
overall its good company
Line Setup Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 17, 2015
In that company nice environment.
I learned team work,organize and cooperative work.
they have good management.how to manage and how to do work safely.
my co worker is nice they are trying to me teach everything and guide me.
Pros
safety related enjoyment
an OK job
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
as most retail sales, this is a job can help you survive but you dont get too much respection. you have to work under stress and so often you have to talk to people on your day off or at night to answer their questions.
Productive and strict workplace
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Markham ONJune 13, 2013
a typical day at work would be, doing light stretches, listening to the line leader where as they would tell you what you are doing for the day. performing the tasks and then cleaning up the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be having the physical and mental stamina to perform remedial tasks. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the co workers are very friendly and everyone looks out for one another
Pros
great culture
Cons
established company in north America with having good reputation
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lauder, MBFebruary 12, 2015
nice working atmosphere, team work,possible if person having ability to learn to achieve the goals there is a chance. everything planed before taking action people are nice. good management skills are used to keep the reputation up i learned o lot in this company i was packer when i join the company through agency but when my contract finished i was working as a machine operator on line 11 there i assist the process coordinator in variance,inventory of component to be used or return. performs line clearance after job finished.experienced in working in a GMP environment. also member of same line 11 changeover team.
peaceful and secure work in general chemical oriented environment in preweigh area
Preweigh Operator (Current Employee) –  200 Bentley Street, MarkhamNovember 14, 2015
Preweighing the raw materials
Sorting of all cut material
Scanning the cuts to 370 location by RF scanner
Checking the completed batches in system
Daily scales checking
Excellent work environment
Global Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 1, 2014
A typical day included the procurement of goods and services for internal and external customers, also, worked diligently to satisfy the needs of internal customers. I recognized that it is sometimes difficult to satisfy all customers, however, keeping customers updated and having a dialogue helped to improve and build collegial relationships. The majority of my colleagues were respectful and supportive. The most difficult aspect of the job was when suppliers were not able to meet their demands. It was very satisfying when my colleagues and Sr. Management were pleased with my job performance.
Pros
the social committee and the company's effort to support worthy causes
Cons
the challenge working with some difficult colleaques
Very clean and safe environment
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Loved to work in a company which is the most popular cosmetic company in GTA. I learned to do Inventory control of products by the assistance of my supervisor. The management was always helpful and courteous. All my co-workers young and old were fabulous. I liked to work there as I got more to know more about the cosmetic products which I myself use nowadays. I recommend them to my friends and family.
Pros
Party and lunches
Cons
Not hiring only on contract.
fun people with lots of free cosmetic gifts
Packaging/assembley (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2013
Fun people to work with, friendly bright atmosphear,
FREE COSMETIC GIFT BAGS EVERY THREE MONTHS WITH
MULTIPLE THINGS - management that was willing to listen
to your ideas - the hardest part (may be the end of the day!!!)
I learnt to work with all kinds and tempraments and varieties
of people, but I am an esy going person my self, so I adjust well under ny kind of circumstance. This is why I was a very helprul and well adjusted and liked person at the location, plus I am a good cook, so at lunch time my food was very popular with all my friends
Pros
free cosmetic gift bags
Cons
got tired at the end of the dat
No leadership or support, stressful and not worth it.
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 8, 2015
I'm sure every experience is different by territory. I was excited, hard working and motivated but my "leader", after promising help and support, promptly abandoned our counter. I have been a leader, and had many great ones and this was definitely the most disappointing experience. Minimal communication or support, high stress, tons of putting in your own hours and absolutely no thanks or appreciation or guidance.

Really the only thing I loved about this job is the customers and the other cosmetic girls.

I have met reps for other counters like Lancome and Chanel, they are very energetic, positive and supportive of their BA's and Counter Managers. I would steer clear of Lauder.
Pros
Gratis Is the Only Pro.
Cons
No support or guidance, No appreciation, High Stress
Productive & friendly workplace
Floor Man (Former Employee) –  Lauder, MBDecember 9, 2013
I would start off by sorting boxes with merchandise in it on a skid for half of the day. The next half I would scan boxes with the scan gun. I would sometimes work in shipping printing lables for boxes and wrapping skids packed with merchandises.

I learned how to work the UPS label printer, and how to work the shrink wrapping machine to wrap skids

The management was great, and I got along well with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is when the busy months come along. Working at a faster paste.
I enjoyed working in shipping and learning to do new tasks.
Pros
got along well with everyone

4.2