Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
peaceful and secure work in general chemical oriented environment in preweigh area
Preweigh Operator (Current Employee), 200 Bentley Street, MarkhamNovember 14, 2015
Preweighing the raw materials
Sorting of all cut material
Scanning the cuts to 370 location by RF scanner
Checking the completed batches in system
Daily scales checking
If it is a technician job, dont bother
Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: grab bags. (only seen one)
Cons: Poor Management, lack of operator skills
Worked in the maintenance department. Maintenance department wasn't bad overall. but they pay one person on maintenance as a "millwright" and the others as "maintenance technicians". the maintenance techs report to production supervisors. Some production supervisors were pretty good, some were completely useless. but if a production supervisor does not like you for whatever reason, could be the way you look, your gone. They did pay good and provided apprenticeships which is a good thing if your starting out as an apprentice. you wont learn to much about general millwright practices, just set-up and changeovers, mainly pneumatics troubleshooting but that's it. They have lathes, milling machines, and a welding set up, but if you spend to much time fabricating you will get in trouble for being off the line too long, even though you a making a part/repair for the machine. Even if the line is running and you leave to make a repair or even grab a tool you will get in trouble. Only the "millwrights" can perform certain maintenance procedures. the "maintenance techs" are more set-up/glorified operator/part changer. During my time, they promoted a line worker to a production supervisor and that supervisor told me how long it should take to fix the machine because and line worker knows better than a millwright. when i needed to get parts (which were completely disorganized) i would get in trouble for leaving the line for too long, when i had to fix the machine. operators were pretty useless, could not even clear jams or stop machines if they needed to. I never even got locks to lockout – more... machine and i was there quite a while. – less
Last resort place you want to work
scientist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Nothing good about this company
Cons: I will never never buy any product belong to this company
I had the WORST experience of my career history to work in Estee Lauder Canada, I am so disappointed about their poor management, poor knowledge about science and claiming they are working in GMP environment????

People treat you SO BADLY specially if you are hired from agency
you don't even treat your DOG like that.

Supervisors have no clue about how to run Quality Assurance Lab
If you know and try to correct things around you will be the worst person ever.

only the management are making the easy money sitting on their chair and close the door.
Easy Job
Material Handler (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 29, 2015
The job itself was easy and fellow co-workers are nice. The majority are asian being from India, Pakistan, China and Philippines. The disadvantage to this place is that temporary employees are like slaves that are put on a two year with very little opportunity to secure a permanent full-time job. I know a lady who worked here for six years doing two year contracts with a one year layoff in between contracts and was never hired. Her manager wanted to hire her, but the Senior Manager never wanted to hire. This sort of practice is just shameful. The pay is low, with very little ability to secure a full-time permanent job as they don't want to hire and pay benefits.
Really enjoyed working for this company
Counter manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Gratis
Cons: None
Met lots of interesting people and enjoyed helping them select the best products suitable for their specific needs. Regularly reviewed the counter and merchandised, cleaned, done paperwork, and provided make-overs and demonstrations for customers as required.

I learned managerial skills, how best to organise things, Estee Lauder trained in all areas of beauty.

Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I made lots of friends who I remain in contact with.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it to return home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers to feel beautiful.
No leadership or support, stressful and not worth it.
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 8, 2015
Pros: Gratis Is the Only Pro.
Cons: No support or guidance, No appreciation, High Stress
I'm sure every experience is different by territory. I was excited, hard working and motivated but my "leader", after promising help and support, promptly abandoned our counter. I have been a leader, and had many great ones and this was definitely the most disappointing experience. Minimal communication or support, high stress, tons of putting in your own hours and absolutely no thanks or appreciation or guidance.

Really the only thing I loved about this job is the customers and the other cosmetic girls.

I have met reps for other counters like Lancome and Chanel, they are very energetic, positive and supportive of their BA's and Counter Managers. I would steer clear of Lauder.
productive fun place to work
Order Processor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: BBQ party every summer
Cons: lots of overtime
Fun doing maths, working with friendly co-workers, responsible team player, Nice to see the manager smiling at all times. Company gave free gifts every three months, the company is well organized and clean. Inventory was most enjoyable part of work and so was picking orders. Replenishing was the hardest part of the job. The best thing was we finished work at 1pm on fridays
Very clean and safe environment
Order Processor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Party and lunches
Cons: Not hiring only on contract.
Loved to work in a company which is the most popular cosmetic company in GTA. I learned to do Inventory control of products by the assistance of my supervisor. The management was always helpful and courteous. All my co-workers young and old were fabulous. I liked to work there as I got more to know more about the cosmetic products which I myself use nowadays. I recommend them to my friends and family.
established company in north America with having good reputation
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lauder, MBFebruary 12, 2015
nice working atmosphere, team work,possible if person having ability to learn to achieve the goals there is a chance. everything planed before taking action people are nice. good management skills are used to keep the reputation up i learned o lot in this company i was packer when i join the company through agency but when my contract finished i was working as a machine operator on line 11 there i assist the process coordinator in variance,inventory of component to be used or return. performs line clearance after job finished.experienced in working in a GMP environment. also member of same line 11 changeover team.
Friday Fun
Intern (Former Employee), Bristol, NBDecember 21, 2014
On Fridays we usually had a light day with lunch meetings outside and fun staff meetings. We were also allowed to wear jeans on Fridays. It was a fun atmosphere with a lot of mingling and meeting people at work.
Fun Work Place
Production Worker (Former Employee), Toronto,ONNovember 14, 2014
It's General labour work
To operate a machine
but learn more
Productive and fun place to work
Production Assembler (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: we get a complimentary grab bag filled with beauty products every 3months
Cons: over time available almost every week
All Line leaders are very helpful n teach u a lot. New comers are welcomed warmly and helped well.
best place i have worked so far
Pre-weigh Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2014
excellent working environment
lots of things to learn.
chances for career enhancement.
department manger
Department Manager (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJuly 7, 2014
managed cosmetic department-attended monthly meetings for new product training-great co-workers
hated it
Package Handler (Former Employee), toronto, onJune 25, 2014
horrible awful warehouse job if there is no work you have to pretend like your working or they send you home
great
Pre-weigh Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
good place and satisfied with my job opportunity
learned a lot. management was very cooperative.coworkers was very supportive. everything was enjoyable about my job.
Review on my career with Estee Lauder
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 13, 2014
Pros: free products!
Cons: you might need to work overtime sometimes before and during events.
I have been working in cosmetics for my whole career to this point. I come from a family of beauticians, it was no surprise I would fall in love with this industry and make it a part of my life. I love what I do. I get to talk to women and help them feel and look there most beautiful. It's a challenge at times, you almost feel like you are a therapist of some sort. The hardest part of the job is that you can never perfect your position, you are always tweaking your sales performance, your execution of events. It is the hardest but one of the main reasons this job has had my heart for so long. Everyday is a challenge. Everyday you are meeting new people, with new concerns. it is a new day for experiences for the customers as well so making sure I am always on top of my game, that I have the latest knowledge on products and expert advice and tips is key to driving a successful business. I have learned a lot and have gained so much knowledge working in cosmetics and for Estee Lauder. I have learned what it would feel like to own my own business. from planning to execution of events and daily business on top I feel I am ready for any challenge thrown at me. Management acknowledge all you do and will help guild you and mentor you to where you want to grow and where you would like to be. The most enjoyable part of my day is putting smiles on new and existing clients. I truly find being a Beauty Advisor such an important role to girls and women all over the world who are looking to address any skincare/makeup concerns or who are simply looking for the latest tips and tricks.
Fast paced, high volume clientele
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: lots of people to meet
Cons: lots of pressure
Working at a beauty counter selling skincare, fragerance, and cosmetics.
Good company to work for
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2014
need to work on day/night/weekend. I love this job except the working hours and salary, it is wonderful job for a young girl without kids. I do more customer service than selling.
Engineering experience gets to know how to apply your skills in the real world
Safety Management Engineer for production process (Former Employee), Markham OntarioFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, parties at work
Cons: overtime
Helps us to know about the engineering field. Management of this company was really good, helpful and cooperative.
Headquarters