Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Excellent environnement de travail
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC1 May 2017
J'ai adoré travailler au sein de l'entreprise. Très belle équipe et bel environnement de travail!
fun to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 April 2017
- learned how to communicate with people.
- how to work with a team
- Manager was very polite
- most enjoyable part of work was being able to work as a team
Summer Student program
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 April 2017
I can only speak on the behalf go the summer student program where I worked at the production site of Estee Lauder. It was tough but taught me hard work for money. It was a great environment, face paced and taught me to multi-task.
recherche
chef comptoir (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC20 March 2017
je recherche un emploi stable, dans la région de montreal ou je viens d'emménager il y peu de temps.
work with Estee lauder it's so good. people is good. management it's good. supervisor it's really so good. every thing it's do good
production (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 February 2017
My review is working in Estee lauder it's good
Thanku
It's really easy n friendly work with together
Making a new friend.
Talking laughing n work. Every thing is good
Pros
thay celebrate the party time order the food from outside.
Cons
work is Monday to Friday but so many times Saturday n Sunday also work.
Loved coming to work each day
DESKTOP/NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Review daily Help desk tickets and provide solutions.
Assign staff to tickets for resolutions.
Maintain Helpdesk database.
Network and Blackberry administration
Pros
Gift bags every 3 months
Cons
No advancement and job security
Excellent training
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto20 December 2016
Very busy cosmetics line.
They provide you with training and skills to succeed.
Very much a sales position
Difficult swing shifts and weekends
Plenty of perks with product
Pros
gratis
Cons
evenings and weekends
easy place to work but bad place to go
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 December 2016
full of dummy
stupid management killing environment
people in the management do not know what they do
no openness
only for the people who know someone in the management
It was fun work there
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 October 2016
It's nice place to work.
Every day learned something new.
Nice and friendly management.
My co-workers were very helpful and polite.
Hardest part of the job was when machine break down had to wait.
Most enjoyable part was when we work full speed and make good production.
Constant Growth and Internal Continuous Improve
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON24 August 2016
Constant push to make changes and improvements. At times almost overwhelmingly so. Still a generally good culture with some good people to work with.
That was good experience
Set-up Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 April 2016
That was good experience . I learnt a lot from there . They also have some good programs , that helps you to grow while working . to get there is also very easy , as this plant is almost in between of the city .
At team work environment growth within the company
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 April 2016
Working at Estee Lauder has provided me with the tools necessary to commit myself to rigorous yet a disciplined time table.working 5 days a weekm 7am to 3pm (if overtime was not implicated that week). working as a production assistant, you're not only working with people of the same job obligations but you are also accompanied by experts in management such as quality control, that facilitate team work that is important for meeting the day to day goals assigned for mass production within the working unit.
Pros
1. working with people of all aspects of the company to teach you about production and management, that would deem useful for the future
Cons
1. mobility towards greater opportunities within the company, were not attainable
Amazing dynamic company!
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2016
Estee Lauder is one of the most interesting and fun employers I ever had the pleasure to work for. The management is supportive and motivating!
Productive and fun to work
Assembly line staff/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 March 2016
its fast phase work and you have to give your full concentration since we do certain expensive products in the plant and cant afford to make mistakes.
overall people are fun to work with and then you do meet one or two that's hard to deal with, but always found my around in that place with my patience and humor.
Busy Make up Counter
Make up Artist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 February 2016
Excellent place to work if you become permanent to receive discount on product, benefits and bonus. I however do not have enough hours to make a living. I am looking to use my knowledge and education to become a legal assistant or administrative assistant in a more professional job atmosphere. I have gained excellent customer service and top sales when in a team or managing independently. Well organized and great time management.
an OK job
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
as most retail sales, this is a job can help you survive but you dont get too much respection. you have to work under stress and so often you have to talk to people on your day off or at night to answer their questions.
peaceful and secure work in general chemical oriented environment in preweigh area
Preweigh Operator (Current Employee) –  200 Bentley Street, Markham14 November 2015
Preweighing the raw materials
Sorting of all cut material
Scanning the cuts to 370 location by RF scanner
Checking the completed batches in system
Daily scales checking
If it is a technician job, dont bother
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 November 2015
Worked in the maintenance department. Maintenance department wasn't bad overall. but they pay one person on maintenance as a "millwright" and the others as "maintenance technicians". the maintenance techs report to production supervisors. Some production supervisors were pretty good, some were completely useless. but if a production supervisor does not like you for whatever reason, could be the way you look, your gone. They did pay good and provided apprenticeships which is a good thing if your starting out as an apprentice. you wont learn to much about general millwright practices, just set-up and changeovers, mainly pneumatics troubleshooting but that's it. They have lathes, milling machines, and a welding set up, but if you spend to much time fabricating you will get in trouble for being off the line too long, even though you a making a part/repair for the machine. Even if the line is running and you leave to make a repair or even grab a tool you will get in trouble. Only the "millwrights" can perform certain maintenance procedures. the "maintenance techs" are more set-up/glorified operator/part changer. During my time, they promoted a line worker to a production supervisor and that supervisor told me how long it should take to fix the machine because and line worker knows better than a millwright. when i needed to get parts (which were completely disorganized) i would get in trouble for leaving the line for too long, when i had to fix the machine. operators were pretty useless, could not even clear jams or stop machines if they needed to. I never even got locks to lockout  more... machine and i was there quite a while.  less
Pros
grab bags. (only seen one)
Cons
Poor Management, lack of operator skills
Last resort place you want to work
scientist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2015
I had the WORST experience of my career history to work in Estee Lauder Canada, I am so disappointed about their poor management, poor knowledge about science and claiming they are working in GMP environment????

People treat you SO BADLY specially if you are hired from agency
you don't even treat your DOG like that.

Supervisors have no clue about how to run Quality Assurance Lab
If you know and try to correct things around you will be the worst person ever.

only the management are making the easy money sitting on their chair and close the door.
Pros
Nothing good about this company
Cons
I will never never buy any product belong to this company
Easy Job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 October 2015
The job itself was easy and fellow co-workers are nice. The majority are asian being from India, Pakistan, China and Philippines. The disadvantage to this place is that temporary employees are like slaves that are put on a two year with very little opportunity to secure a permanent full-time job. I know a lady who worked here for six years doing two year contracts with a one year layoff in between contracts and was never hired. Her manager wanted to hire her, but the Senior Manager never wanted to hire. This sort of practice is just shameful. The pay is low, with very little ability to secure a full-time permanent job as they don't want to hire and pay benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2