Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews

A simple job with entertaining customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 April 2017
It was a lot of fun at first but becomes repetitive. The regular customers are great and make the day better, however there isn't much to do for 8 hour shifts on slow days.
Pros
%50 off of all Mr. Sub, Country Style and Yogen Fruz food
Cons
Standing for 8 hours and no lunch breaks
good work experience with customers
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON17 April 2017
The experience was great for a summer job.
The salary was not enough to save for college.
I learned how to deal with customers on a daily basis and improved my communication skills.
The hours were not enough to help me save for college and other items.
The manager was very friendly and flexible with my hours to work around school and sports.
I did a variety of tasks, pump gas, cut grass, check tank levels, deal with cash and debit and help check peoples oil and fluid levels.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low wage
Fun place to work
Cashier\Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 April 2017
I would clock in, prepare my cash and begin my day. Costumers would come in looking to complete their transactions of goods and services such as cigarettes, gas and groceries.
fun place good pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON5 April 2017
loved working here met a lot of new people and even got a licence for propane in the mean while I suggest to anyone applying to do so youll love it wish I could stay but had to go back to school
Casual and easy-going.
Casual Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB3 April 2017
Most of what I did at work was cleaning and stocking. This was a casual starter job and it taught me how to get through a full, long day with a positive attitude. The management was easy to deal with and understanding. The workplace was fairly small and I had very few co-workers but it was nonetheless a positive workplace. The hardest part would be that I didn't find the work very satisfying. The most enjoyable part was that my co-workers and the customers were very kind.
Pros
Well organized and scheduled.
Cons
Not very satisfying.
Fun place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 April 2017
I worked at a gas station clerk so I mostly just helped out the customers and made sure the business stayed clean as the gas jockeys pumped gas. I would help take inventory of the items and make sure all was good and we would have new shipments coming in so I would sore them and take inventory of them and put them away. The hardest part of the job was keeping busy because towards the end of your shift after cleaning and taking inventory with no customers there wasn't much to do. the most enjoyable part was I never had to be alone so there was always someone around to work with to keep me company
Pros
You could basically pick the days you worked
Cons
not much to do
Good temporary place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rigaud, QC3 April 2017
In this job environment, I learnt to deal with all kind of customers. I am now able to deal with any situations with the clients. As for the job , I know how to be cautious and deal with problems such as robbery, gas leaks, pump break downs and other gas related situation. Management is so not great at the place I am currently working. Looking for a better environment work place.
cashier
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 March 2017
i used to manage the cash and submit the reports to my manager everyday . i also used to do night shifts cleaning of the store and managing coffee . it was a great experience
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 March 2017
The Job was very nice. It was good experience for me to work at the Esso gas station. Gave me experience of money handling, stocking.
The hardens part of job was to operate Lottery machine.
esso
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 March 2017
I was working at Esso as an Assistant Manager where I learned to manage the employee and how to handle angry customer or employee. It was a good starting platform for my career.
Pros
new experience
Cons
no further opportunity

Want to know more about Esso Gas Station?

Ask a question
Fantastic part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC14 March 2017
Best job ive ever had for part time work. Job is easy and can be fun. It's very laid back. It's fun dealing with customers usually. I can go on my phone or tablet at work. It's very chill. Free coffee if your location has it. I was going through a string of AWFUL part time jobs that were destroying me and my outlook on life but this place saved me. Perfect job for when in college or school. Nicest manager ive ever had in my life.
Pros
Free coffee if your location has it, great customers, amazing managers, great staff, most laid back job ive ever had
Cons
You work by yourself so its a little bit of responsibility. Other than that, none.
esso review
Cashier and Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  High River, AB28 February 2017
Great employer had a very positive work experiance and have a great relation with the manager but the work place is quite far from my house. It takes approximately 45-50 mins to drive to work and the same amount of time back so im looking to find some place of work within the city.
Pros
free car wash, free coffee, and over all great experiance, fast paced work environment which kept you busy.
Cons
Long hours and occasional grumpy customers but those are everday challenges that one must overcome
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 February 2017
Great workplace environment, awesome staff and management. Fun but professional workplace, great hours great work. good starting wage great training always wanting you to do your best, will be straight forward with always, very understanding. You will enjoy your time working here
Fun place to work and connect
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2017
A normal day at work consists of dealing with customers and helping them with anything they require. There is also a daily set of work you have to do for each shift. A normal shift is 8 hours. The store has its normal customers and are fun to interact with.
Pros
Free slushes and coffee
Cons
No breaks
Productive workplace
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS22 January 2017
everyone was pretty friendly the management was nice, the hardest part of the job was waiting for the check. learnt a lot about customer service and about working with every kind of customer from happy people to people that are fumingmad learnt how to defuse bad situations.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
short hours
i was able to learn how to work the till
Cashier/Gas Jockey (Former Employee) –  Balcarres, SK16 January 2017
i sit behind the till i made sure everything was organized and cleaned up the store and helped the coumsters and went out to pump the gas in the cars cleaned the windsheilds and did oil changes
Pros
learned how to close down the store and learned how to read the litres on how much gas we sold
Cons
not enough hours and not good enough pay
Friendly management, efficient team.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2017
It was a good location, helped me gain more knowledge on how to be an efficient and friendly cashier.

A typical day at work involved fast paced money handling, dealing with more than a few difficult customers, and memorising the location of more then 50 different brands of cigarettes.
in short I counted small change fast, and worked with an effective team that were helpful and informative.

I left to study in college full time.
Pros
Free Coffee, Convenient location.
Cons
Outdated system, ESSO needs to update their Cash Registers.
A normal part tome gig
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
A job recommended for students or anyone looking for experience in retail. I felt like I wasn't compensated well for the duties I performed. Overwhelming responsibilities.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
long hours, poor compensation
fast paced
cashier/gasjockey (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB18 December 2016
Pros
lots of fresh air meet and talk to alot of people
I sharped my working skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downtown Vancouver30 November 2016
The most busiest gas station among the area.I handeled cash and lottey system. Good environment but homeless people around make it messy . I worked on event days and nights that made me fluent in communication skills.
Pros
friendly and eduacated customers
Cons
everytime busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esso Gas Station. Our community is ready to answer.