Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews in Canada

Incompentent managenment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Long nights and staff was unfriendly always late pushy and just all around unhelpful. Shifts were unbearable, as i was doing night shift it was long and being the only female working at night was scary.
Great atmosphere and chance to advance my skills.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I absolutely valued my position at Cottonwood Esso. I would look forward to going to work ever day. A typical day at work for me would include lots of point-of-sale system usage, customer service and sales. The management was among the best I have ever encountered; my coworkers were equally as awesome. My favorite part of the job was the time I was able to spend interacting with my regular customers as well as new customers. I believe I was exceptional at my job because of my ability to engage the customers and suggest and recommend products based on my knowledge of the customers needs. The hardest aspect of working at a Gas Station is the potential for theft or danger; I needed to be alert at all times while maintaining the stores cleanliness and whilst talking with customers. I made close connections with many of my regular customers and brought many repeat shoppers into the store because of my upbeat attitude and kind demeanor.
Pros
Talking with lots of different people.
Cons
Chance of theft and health risks.
Different experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
Had a good experience working at that place learned alot.. by experiencing different customers in my day to day shifts....
Customer Service Experience and nice environment to work
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
I learned many things from this job such as customer service, manage the store, deal with co-workers nicely, most enjoyable thing is customer satisfaction and leave a store with smile.
Pros
Flexible shifts, salary, good management
Awful customers, good coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 8, 2016
Its the same as any minimum wage job, not the greatest but you need it. The customers are horrendous but the management has your back and protects you which is great.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Hours are very specific
Great co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working on my own. Except i had complications in my home life and was pregnant at the time. Now i am stable and looking for something to further in life.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no vehicle at the time
Good work place
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Incredible flexibility with employees time.

I learned how to communicate with customers.• Perform minor property maintenance duties such as answer customer questions.
Pros
good manegment
Cons
Productive and busy workplace with generally friendly customers
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ardrossan, ABFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work included all my daily responsibilities as well as occasionally changing routine when new products or groceries came in.
I learned how to improve customer service through interaction with a variety of people as well as time management and efficiency.
The management was awesome there as I was able to get days off when I needed and was allowed to easily switch shifts with other co-workers.
The co-workers have a close bond there and are all very friendly and get along good!
The most difficult part of the job was when it was slow there at certain times of day and all my duties were finished .
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with so many customers and being around people all of the time.
Pros
working with people
Cons
Part time shifts take up majority of weekend
Worst place to work ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Theres's always something wrong, you can never do anything right. I only ever called in once and they were very rude about it. Minimum wage is not worth working here.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible bosses, annoying customers
good place but low salary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
i was cashier , i want to do something different for more income ,
Esso gas station good place to work but low salary ,
every day new learning
my co-workers was good
there was not any hardest part
most enjoyable parts is that i was always busy in work
Provided Opportunity when needed
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Working in the store was good. Learned nothing new here. Greeting customers and providing services. Management was good the owner was trusted the employees, so it was quite good.
Pros
No boss around
Cons
no proper shifts
It was okay work.
Cashier/Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines Ontario, CanadaJanuary 21, 2016
Management did not do a very good job. They relied upon the workers to take care of things that was not their responsibility. They also wanted the workers to work off the clock.
Pros
Close to my friends house.
Cons
Buses stopped running by time I finished work, winter walks home were uncomfortable.
I'm able to deal with all kinds of customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 4, 2016
During the work i had learned well communication skill to deal with all kind of customers. Also we need to sell the product to the customer and try let customer to buy some promotions.
fun work place awesome co-workers
Car Washer (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 4, 2016
when i get to work i generally just wash cars for two hours then i go dig the mud out of the U-DO bays and then spray them down. i clean out all the vacuums and in the winter i do snow removal. the co-workers are all good people and im friends with all of them. the hardest part of the job is cleaning the U-DO bays otherwise its and easy job.
Pros
Free lunches and cool co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
less safety
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
sometimes, in night shift safety is very less because of some typical customers but with the experience of various job easily handle them.
Pros
perfect shift hours
Cons
safety during work
It is good and easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  HamiltonNovember 30, 2015
As a part time job, gas station 's job is very good. easy, and stress free. Working environment is good. I learnt how to communicate with Canadian people.
Fun workplace with cooperative enviornment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brant, ONNovember 24, 2015
Working with colleagues and sharing each others experience, knowledge was best part. Facing new people everyday and resolving there problems was the one of the best part to.
Competetive Days
attendant in Esso Gas Station (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
Its nice place to work around and deal with customers.
I really enjoyed working here.
Hardest part in job is Dealing with hard people and enjoyable part is working in good environment with excellent employees.
Woked for Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 11, 2015
I only worked at the gas station for around 2 months for the purpose to get experience, i was not paid. it was fun to work, i liked arranging to convenience store and dealing the customers.
fun work place
Gas Jockey (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ONOctober 14, 2015
the most enjoyable part of work was have a funny boss that made work easier. the hardest part of the job was figuring out how to put money on gift cards. the typical day at work when i started at 3 i would come in get dress with the esso gas station work shirt put my hair up, throw the hat on start filling customers tanks and then either bring them inside to pay or bring the machine to their cars. only thing is we can't bring them out if it was raining. working with my co worker was fun as i went to high school with most of them.
Pros
paid lunches