Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews

Good place to learn and get your people skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 July 2017
Esso gas station was a good place to work. They provided with great training opportunities to girls in order for them to advance and learn, good schedule, always welcoming. Management was very positive and family oriented.
Pros
Cons
They sell cigarettes and I do not support.
Environnement agréable.
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC19 July 2017
Travailler dans une station d'essence, c'est facile et agréable. Servir les clients, et leurs donner une belle accueille est la chose la plus apprécier. Sa permet un contacts avec les clients.

La chose le moins agréable, est le ménage de l'environnement, et lorsqu'il y a des vols, mais ceci est rare.
Unprofessional Management, Unfair Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, ON29 June 2017
Shifts at front counter are 9-11 hours, if you have open availability that will be abused without restraint. You are expected to know everything, even if you haven't been trained on it, and the manager was incredibly unprofessional for the entirety of the time
Mauvaise gestion de sécurité
Commis-caissière (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC28 June 2017
J'ai appréciée le temps où j'y es travaillée, mais il avait un gros manque sur la sécurité des employés de soir et nuit
Pros
C'était prêt de chez moi
Cons
Aucune pause pour 9h de travail
greart dealing and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2017
In Esso gas station I am able to meet new people every day and talking to them while their payment in progress inside the store is fun and enjoyable. I learned new things as it was my first job in Canada as an International Student.
very fun
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 June 2017
it was good nice and fun.now looking for a job to work out.would enjoy working anywhere as i am a good employee.I listen to everything the boss has to say and offer
Pros
free everythinh
Cons
nothing
esso gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2017
i have good experience working at esso gas station.customers are friendly .it was a friendly environment.all the co workers were nice and helpful in work.it was a fast pace environment .
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Innovative
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON7 June 2017
The overall experience was pretty good and it taught me a lot. While working there I communicated with different people with different mindsets and gained a lot professionally.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Coordinating workforce
Interesting work place.
Full serve attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC23 May 2017
Esso manager is fantastic and will always go around your schedule. High paced enviroment as it is located on the kamloops reserve, very interesting customers and employees.
Great place to work. Good responsibilities. Great ownership.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON8 May 2017
Great pace to work. Meet all kinds of new people. Ownership is very respectful. Definitely a place I would work at again. But they could amp up the cooling in the summer and the heating in the winter,
Pros
Meet new people. Great ownership. Respectful environment.
Cons
Building needs upgrading.
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Binbrook, ON6 May 2017
Esso gas station was my first job.I got manageable amount of hours, also I always enjoyed coming to work, because it was very enjoyable, had a lot of fun working there.
Pros
manageable hours, enough breaks
good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON4 May 2017
Manager was great, always balanced out schedule with school hours.
- gave advance pay check
- was generous
- great customers
- great coworkers
- free parking
Pros
balanced schedule
Cons
was only 1 worker
A simple job with entertaining customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 April 2017
It was a lot of fun at first but becomes repetitive. The regular customers are great and make the day better, however there isn't much to do for 8 hour shifts on slow days.
Pros
%50 off of all Mr. Sub, Country Style and Yogen Fruz food
Cons
Standing for 8 hours and no lunch breaks
good work experience with customers
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON17 April 2017
The experience was great for a summer job.
The salary was not enough to save for college.
I learned how to deal with customers on a daily basis and improved my communication skills.
The hours were not enough to help me save for college and other items.
The manager was very friendly and flexible with my hours to work around school and sports.
I did a variety of tasks, pump gas, cut grass, check tank levels, deal with cash and debit and help check peoples oil and fluid levels.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low wage
Was an okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC12 April 2017
Was kind of busy sometimes too quiet.This is the job that opened my way to helping greeting customers. Even had regular customers looking for me here. Was a great experience working there.
Pros
Made friends
Cons
not enough hours was part time
Fun place to work
Cashier\Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 April 2017
I would clock in, prepare my cash and begin my day. Costumers would come in looking to complete their transactions of goods and services such as cigarettes, gas and groceries.
fun place good pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON5 April 2017
loved working here met a lot of new people and even got a licence for propane in the mean while I suggest to anyone applying to do so youll love it wish I could stay but had to go back to school
Casual and easy-going.
Casual Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB3 April 2017
Most of what I did at work was cleaning and stocking. This was a casual starter job and it taught me how to get through a full, long day with a positive attitude. The management was easy to deal with and understanding. The workplace was fairly small and I had very few co-workers but it was nonetheless a positive workplace. The hardest part would be that I didn't find the work very satisfying. The most enjoyable part was that my co-workers and the customers were very kind.
Pros
Well organized and scheduled.
Cons
Not very satisfying.
Fun place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 April 2017
I worked at a gas station clerk so I mostly just helped out the customers and made sure the business stayed clean as the gas jockeys pumped gas. I would help take inventory of the items and make sure all was good and we would have new shipments coming in so I would sore them and take inventory of them and put them away. The hardest part of the job was keeping busy because towards the end of your shift after cleaning and taking inventory with no customers there wasn't much to do. the most enjoyable part was I never had to be alone so there was always someone around to work with to keep me company
Pros
You could basically pick the days you worked
Cons
not much to do
Good temporary place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rigaud, QC3 April 2017
In this job environment, I learnt to deal with all kind of customers. I am now able to deal with any situations with the clients. As for the job , I know how to be cautious and deal with problems such as robbery, gas leaks, pump break downs and other gas related situation. Management is so not great at the place I am currently working. Looking for a better environment work place.