Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Provided Opportunity when needed
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: No boss around
Cons: no proper shifts
Working in the store was good. Learned nothing new here. Greeting customers and providing services. Management was good the owner was trusted the employees, so it was quite good.
It was okay work.
Cashier/Station Attendant (Former Employee), St. Catharines Ontario, CanadaJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Close to my friends house.
Cons: Buses stopped running by time I finished work, winter walks home were uncomfortable.
Management did not do a very good job. They relied upon the workers to take care of things that was not their responsibility. They also wanted the workers to work off the clock.
I'm able to deal with all kinds of customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 4, 2016
During the work i had learned well communication skill to deal with all kind of customers. Also we need to sell the product to the customer and try let customer to buy some promotions.
fun work place awesome co-workers
Car Washer (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Free lunches and cool co-workers
Cons: Not enough hours
when i get to work i generally just wash cars for two hours then i go dig the mud out of the U-DO bays and then spray them down. i clean out all the vacuums and in the winter i do snow removal. the co-workers are all good people and im friends with all of them. the hardest part of the job is cleaning the U-DO bays otherwise its and easy job.
less safety
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
Pros: perfect shift hours
Cons: safety during work
sometimes, in night shift safety is very less because of some typical customers but with the experience of various job easily handle them.
It is good and easy job
Cashier (Former Employee), HamiltonNovember 30, 2015
As a part time job, gas station 's job is very good. easy, and stress free. Working environment is good. I learnt how to communicate with Canadian people.
Fun workplace with cooperative enviornment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brant, ONNovember 24, 2015
Working with colleagues and sharing each others experience, knowledge was best part. Facing new people everyday and resolving there problems was the one of the best part to.
Competetive Days
attendant in Esso Gas Station (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
Its nice place to work around and deal with customers.
I really enjoyed working here.
Hardest part in job is Dealing with hard people and enjoyable part is working in good environment with excellent employees.
Woked for Experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 11, 2015
I only worked at the gas station for around 2 months for the purpose to get experience, i was not paid. it was fun to work, i liked arranging to convenience store and dealing the customers.
fun work place
Gas Jockey (Former Employee), Tottenham, ONOctober 14, 2015
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: long hours
the most enjoyable part of work was have a funny boss that made work easier. the hardest part of the job was figuring out how to put money on gift cards. the typical day at work when i started at 3 i would come in get dress with the esso gas station work shirt put my hair up, throw the hat on start filling customers tanks and then either bring them inside to pay or bring the machine to their cars. only thing is we can't bring them out if it was raining. working with my co worker was fun as i went to high school with most of them.
fun working as a team and having good relation with co-workers and manager
cashier (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioOctober 14, 2015
Cons: 40
I learned to be more serious about the job and take every small mistakes serious and focus on the job. The hardest part of job was that sometimes some co-workers were careless and leaving the work undone for morning shifts and they keep continuing doing that. the most enjoyable part of my job was that i worked with interest and enjoying working with my manager.
Informative and productive work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 6, 2015
It was my first job in Canada, so i learned a lot from this job. I believe experience which i gained from there will help me into getting my full time job. Management and all staff were very good and supportive. I fully enjoyed this job.
Bankrupcy
Team member, Cashier (Former Employee), Taschereau, QCOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Not stressful
Cons: Bad work conditions
That Esso gaz station was already closing and stopped having fuel.
Manager gave me my paychecks late, the transportation was not good, gaz station needed renovations.
good work place
SHIFT RUNNER (Former Employee), toronto,ontarioOctober 1, 2015
good work plac with good people...situation is different for all employes....good management,,good atmosphere....day to day improvements in work
Another gas station
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Working with the public is never an easy task but that is like every other life situation. You have to take the good with the bad because if you never have a bad day you will never know when you're having a good one.
alright
sales representatives (Current Employee), toronto, onSeptember 17, 2015
good work
liked working.
minimum wage.
good while studying as a part time job.
work was tension free and a good environment
Got hands-on experience to be working at the cash counter
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 26, 2015
Working with co workers helped gained my knowledge on communication with how to work along fellow workers. Being able to clean up and work around the cash helped gain my knowledge and experience for future use
Cashier (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 25, 2015
Cons: Long hours alone
One of the hardest and most stressful parts of the job is making sure that the people that are outside and they have not paid for their gas yet do come inside and pay. And making sure that nothing from inside the store is stolen.
The environment and being there is fun, it is a good environment with awesome people that work there, everyone working there is there because they want to be, not because they have to be.
The management is good as well, he is very caring and understanding.
Fun Place to work due to being able to communitcate with the public
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 1, 2015
Best part of the day was being able to assist customers in a fast paced environment. Worked with a great group of people as well unfortunately the pay is not very good at all hard to make a living on this type of salary.
Very good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Craighurst,ONMay 25, 2015
I loved my job here as well. I worked with very nice co-workers and got to know the regular customers as well. My job was fairly simple and I loved working here. The management team was amazing. I do not think i had a bad day.