Esso Gas Station

Esso Gas Station Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONApril 7, 2014
at work I do most of the maintenance to the gas station I learn new thing every day about my self and working with people. management is awesome love working with them as well co-workers great to get along with. the hardest part of the job is trying to fill up propane at the same time authorizing the pumps which is inside. But the I get it done in a – more... timely fashion. the most enjoyable part about work for me is dealing with people and fixing problems that come up. that is a typical day at work for me.
Phillip Dasilva – less
Productive and fun Work Place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Vancouver BcMarch 19, 2014
The day at work is always good. I learn many new things while I meet different type of customers. It's just the work you do while studing in the university in order to earn for living.
Active and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee), West Vancouver, B.C.November 17, 2013
Pros: regular hours and working as a team
Cons: lower salary pay
To serve the public and to be able to assist with people's needs was the most rewarding part of my job. This job was a great start for me to demonstrate my abilities to serve and assist with general public. The management was great and very one was a team player to complete our daily chores to prepare for the next day operations. I was offer a better – more... job position and salary from my daily client and had to leave this workplace to meet my personal challenge and needs. – less
good place to work
Gas station attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 16, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: not lunch or breaks
it was a good experience to bad the management is terrible, customers scream at you on a daily basis, manager yells at you when he doesn't train the employees properly, free training...
customer service
cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 2, 2013
Pros: more hours
Cons: slow business
a typical day at work would start at good greetings and try to put smile on my customers faces.and i learned good knowledge and good relation ship,and at times i would manege the business by my self,i have very good relation ship with my co-workers and working together to promote the best customer services and needs,and most enjoyable part of the job – more... was to get compliments from customer my. – less
customer service exposure
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. John'sFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: great customer service exposure
Cons: drives off...
The work is really very good as an assistant manager but the biggest problem is how to control the drives off. Otherwise it is the place where one can learn the customer service and other management techniques.
managing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 23, 2013
hardest part sombody called sick.
enjoyable most busy time .
i have learned managing,oredering,inventory,overstock,sheduling,whims and working with large amount of money counting and banking.
Very Understanding Boss and Management
Gas Station Attedant & Food & Drinks (Former Employee), Lakefield, ONJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: short shifts
A typical day at work would be opening and organizing making sure everything is in perfect order for when customers came. Stocking shelves, bringing in all the ingredients to make food and drinks for the cusomers of Country Style. I learned many things as you do with any job.
The staff was always good to work with and I never had any issues. The hardest – more... part of the job would be when you were working the night shift. It is a small business and Country Style is more of a breakfast place so it would get really quiet at night. We didn't make our own doughnuts so you would really have to try hard to find things to do before close.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff. All down to earth people who are willing to help you with anything you need. – less
fastpace work place with fun times
Cashier (Current Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 31, 2012
A good work place with any sports facility-(not really a priority)
productive and fun place to work and gain experience
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Corbyville, ONDecember 4, 2012
- tasks were not too difficult
- reasonable shifts
- managers are respectful
- time goes by fast because of interaction with customers
good work
Cashier (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MBOctober 18, 2012
Pros: close to fishing spot
Cons: no holidays
what I learned: english
hardest part of the job: none
most enjoyable part of the job: close to fishing spot
great team
Description of job
Manager (Former Employee), ONTARIO,hwy.36, LindsayOctober 9, 2012
Pros: meeting mostly very nice people.
Cons: there really weren't any.
-very busy from morning till night dealing with customers,employees and every day situations. Dealing with the retail public can be a lot of fun but at times very testing.Managing at the Esso was really quite enjoyable because once i hired my own employees it was fun to come to work.My co-workers were dependable,good workers,and enjoyable to work with.The – more... hardest part of the job were the weather conditions,being outside most of the time on a shift example snow,rain and heat but dressing appropiately would normally resolve these problems.The most enjoyable part of working were the people you met and talked to each day whether they were regulars,salesman,long distant truckers,or local school bus drivers.As time progressed i increased our gas sales and convenience store sales just by getting along very well with customers.Being in this smaller community of Lindsay,if you are well liked it is very easy to have a monopoly on a business .I think
i have met a very large portion of the people from in and around the LINDSAY area all in a very positive way. – less
Operational Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: flexible job hours and appreciation
It was amazing experience in my life because all co-workers and management staff are very co-operative and friendly.
a fast pace environmnt that requires team work and positive attidues.
Customer service (Current Employee), Dunnville, ONAugust 28, 2012
The Esso station I worked at also has a coffee shop, this environment has taught me how to multi task and work at a fast pace. Also Conflicts occur on a regular basis with customers and technology these situations have taught me how to problem solve, think quick on my feet as well as good communication skills.
I get along well with my co workers we – more... have all developed friendships which makes working together fun and easy, I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team in a close knit environment. the hardest part of my job is making sure the customers have a good experience, that they dont experience difficulties and are satisfied with our service. – less
Gas Station with convenient store
Cashier (Current Employee), Fairview, ABJuly 31, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours without pay
As a Cashier at ESSO Gas Station is not that easy to handle, for the fact that it needs more presence of mind, and more attentive specially when there's a lot of customers pumping gas. I just learned more nice and great in front of a rude customers. Not all customers are honest because I've experienced already that someone drove me off nor he didn't – more... pay for his gas. About the management, my boss is a nice one but he didn't follow the law of Canada. I got a lot of overtime hours but he didn't counted it as overtime. I don't even got my pay slip. My co-workers were very cooperative. They follow the rules of the management. I just enjoyed my work, because I can have a lot of friends. – less
Productive and full of responsibilities
Employee (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2012
Learned Managerial skills
Communicate with customer
Prepare Store and Shift report at the end of the day
Managing the incoming of the deliveries
Make orders for store requirements
nice work place , working with costumers
General Assistant (Former Employee), winnipeg , MB . Notre Dame esso on the runJuly 18, 2012
Very hard work managed counter also managed the gas bar ,
Only had one week of training which was no enough time to learn what was needed at esso . My co-workers we got along but rarely seen any one . The hardest part of my job was taking care of everything . I enjoyed working with the costumers .
Customer Service and Inventory of Products
Work as cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2012
I learn to deal with customers and working in a team. I used to handle fast transactions with ease. Taking record of products
every night and arranging them for the start of next shift. I learn to
finish things in limited period of time while taking customers.
Well maintained work place
Cashier/Salesman (Current Employee), Arnprior, ONMay 31, 2012
Pros: meeting new people and having the chance to work beside some of the best people i've ever met
Cons: not enough hours and the non stable hours.(never know what you work the following week)
-The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers.
-The management was very nice and get along with them and had no trouble working along side with them
-The most enjoying part of the job was meeting the new people who walked into the door ever day and getting to know people from the community and being able to have a good conversation and – more... get along with everyone.
-My co-workers are some of the best people ive ever met. And are always willing to give a helping hand – less
Gas Bar Attendant
Gas Bar Attendant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 10, 2012
Pros: interacting directly with customers
A typical day at work would include interacting with customers, handling cash, debit, and credit card transactions. Maintaining sanitation of kiosks and other station equipment. Stocking shelves and maintained displays for the retail section of the store. I learned how to communicate directly with customers. There was nothing too difficult about this – more... job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact frequently with customers. – less