Esso Gas Station

Esso Gas Station Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: long shifts
Nice place to be employed. Clean and adaptable environment. Friendly customers.
Awesome job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2014
Great workplace, great management, fun co-workers, awesome and friendly location. Decent pay but no benefits. Will definitely refer to a friend.
Customer Service and Gas Attendant
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 6, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the esso gas station and providing the best customer service that i could. the staff is excellent and so are the customers.
it is the internship like job
CASHIER (Former Employee), toronto, onOctober 17, 2014
Pros: most enjoyable
Cons: bad location
in this job, i like to learn new challenges to handle whole gas station
what i learned
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: part time
that you have to watch people or they drive off with out paying for there gas
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Laval, QCAugust 31, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is busy and hardest part is when there is nobody.
From this job, I have learned keeping patience and listening to their problem carefully makes their and our work easy and productive, serving customers with smile.
Busy and fast work pace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Palgrave, ONJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good staff.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical day at work would include, counting and managing all scratch and lottery tickets, closing and counting cash tills, keeping the store clean at all times, restocking shelves as required, selling and restocking cigarettes.
Easy and fun job
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee and backed goods
Good Management. Learnt about gas station an Car wash. Get to know how gas station business works. Got some experience about how to handle the cash. People are nice in here. Gives coffee an free donuts.
productive,,,team work,,
Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
good team leader, team work...hard working.. good knowledge about biotechnology and chemistry and pharmaceuticals. I believe in team work.
It has nice and friendly atmosphere with co-workers and the boss.
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee), London, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: coffee, convenient work hours.
i see different types of people everyday so i have how to deal with different people. All co-workers are very friendly. For now, there is no hardest part of the job because its like i have been working there for more than a year so everything is like a part of job.
Great place to meet people
Clerk (Current Employee), Whitby, OntarioMay 20, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: too many to explain
Not enough hours. Ill managed. Run down gas station. Love talking to and meeting new people. Our machines break down all the time so you really do have to problem solve and be on the ball.
Excellent Work Environment
Excellent customer service (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: system low
It was excellent experience to work and learn new thing with great confidence. Some incident make me more confident when system and power cut off Specially in winter in pick hours. But customers were very good. Also deal with some rude and impatient customer with smiling face. Over all it was great experience. But want to learn more.
Productive and fun worplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment with good hours and well good paid salary every week.
Cons: busy gas station.
Esso gas station was a good experience for me. I had the opportunity to learn how to handle customers in stressful work environment.I dealt with cash and deposit and maintain an organized workstation. I learn to stay focused on the job and avoid conflict in a busy work environment. People working here are friendly (including the manager), and meet lots – more... of regular customer to keep them coming.The hardest part of the job is to maintain a busy gas station and at the same time deal with aggressive customers. This was easy by building a good customer relationship, and help them overcome their problems with supervisor's help. Esso gas station was a great experience for i enjoyed learning great customer service, and weekly well paid salary of $11.50/hr. Hard work is also paid by great compliments of the manager. – less
productive day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONApril 7, 2014
at work I do most of the maintenance to the gas station I learn new thing every day about my self and working with people. management is awesome love working with them as well co-workers great to get along with. the hardest part of the job is trying to fill up propane at the same time authorizing the pumps which is inside. But the I get it done in a – more... timely fashion. the most enjoyable part about work for me is dealing with people and fixing problems that come up. that is a typical day at work for me.
Phillip Dasilva – less
Productive and fun Work Place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Vancouver BcMarch 19, 2014
The day at work is always good. I learn many new things while I meet different type of customers. It's just the work you do while studing in the university in order to earn for living.
Lot of Experience and Meeting different people
Service Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 30, 2013
I love to talk with people
and learning their language.. I know most of the hi hello bye and how are you of many languages.
Active and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee), West Vancouver, B.C.November 17, 2013
Pros: regular hours and working as a team
Cons: lower salary pay
To serve the public and to be able to assist with people's needs was the most rewarding part of my job. This job was a great start for me to demonstrate my abilities to serve and assist with general public. The management was great and very one was a team player to complete our daily chores to prepare for the next day operations. I was offer a better – more... job position and salary from my daily client and had to leave this workplace to meet my personal challenge and needs. – less
good place to work
Gas station attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 16, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: not lunch or breaks
it was a good experience to bad the management is terrible, customers scream at you on a daily basis, manager yells at you when he doesn't train the employees properly, free training...
customer service
cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 2, 2013
Pros: more hours
Cons: slow business
a typical day at work would start at good greetings and try to put smile on my customers faces.and i learned good knowledge and good relation ship,and at times i would manege the business by my self,i have very good relation ship with my co-workers and working together to promote the best customer services and needs,and most enjoyable part of the job – more... was to get compliments from customer my. – less
customer service exposure
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. John'sFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: great customer service exposure
Cons: drives off...
The work is really very good as an assistant manager but the biggest problem is how to control the drives off. Otherwise it is the place where one can learn the customer service and other management techniques.