Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews in Canada

Customer Service Experience and nice environment to work
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
I learned many things from this job such as customer service, manage the store, deal with co-workers nicely, most enjoyable thing is customer satisfaction and leave a store with smile.
Pros
Flexible shifts, salary, good management
Cons
good place but low salary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
i was cashier , i want to do something different for more income ,
Esso gas station good place to work but low salary ,
every day new learning
my co-workers was good
there was not any hardest part
most enjoyable parts is that i was always busy in work
Productive and busy workplace with generally friendly customers
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ardrossan, ABFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work included all my daily responsibilities as well as occasionally changing routine when new products or groceries came in.
I learned how to improve customer service through interaction with a variety of people as well as time management and efficiency.
The management was awesome there as I was able to get days off when I needed and was allowed to easily switch shifts with other co-workers.
The co-workers have a close bond there and are all very friendly and get along good!
The most difficult part of the job was when it was slow there at certain times of day and all my duties were finished .
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with so many customers and being around people all of the time.
Pros
working with people
Cons
Part time shifts take up majority of weekend
Great atmosphere and chance to advance my skills.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I absolutely valued my position at Cottonwood Esso. I would look forward to going to work ever day. A typical day at work for me would include lots of point-of-sale system usage, customer service and sales. The management was among the best I have ever encountered; my coworkers were equally as awesome. My favorite part of the job was the time I was able to spend interacting with my regular customers as well as new customers. I believe I was exceptional at my job because of my ability to engage the customers and suggest and recommend products based on my knowledge of the customers needs. The hardest aspect of working at a Gas Station is the potential for theft or danger; I needed to be alert at all times while maintaining the stores cleanliness and whilst talking with customers. I made close connections with many of my regular customers and brought many repeat shoppers into the store because of my upbeat attitude and kind demeanor.
Pros
Talking with lots of different people.
Cons
Chance of theft and health risks.
Busy day got relaxing with the team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 23, 2016
it was a busy day and i was all alone at work and it was getting more and more busier. i was not even getting time to drink water and i was all alone there. But suddenly my co-worker or my supervisor called and asked about the store so i explained everything and he right away came after 10 mins and handled the situation with me. I was so glad by getting help from him and that day was best day for me at work.
Pros
Cons
minimum wage
Busy place taught me to work efficiently under pressure.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2016
On a typical day,I ensure safety at work, Check inventory and order required stuff at site. I like serving and helping people as a cashier as well as I like to keep site well maintained ensuring car wash is working properly, pumps and other machine are in good shape.
Pros
Good co- workers
Cons
lot of customer pressure as place is very busy
Job Responsibilities and managing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oak Bluff, MBApril 15, 2016
Normally its 8 hour shift
I have learnt a lot from my manager like how to complete task, how to set example for other employees, how to train them.
Management is excellent as every co worker and managers are approachable and helpful.
The hardest part is when some customer get angry and we do our best to resolve their problem.
Pros
Desirable shifts
Cons
less scope of advancement as there are limited number of posts.
Awful customers, good coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 8, 2016
Its the same as any minimum wage job, not the greatest but you need it. The customers are horrendous but the management has your back and protects you which is great.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Hours are very specific
It was okay work.
Cashier/Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines Ontario, CanadaJanuary 21, 2016
Management did not do a very good job. They relied upon the workers to take care of things that was not their responsibility. They also wanted the workers to work off the clock.
Pros
Close to my friends house.
Cons
Buses stopped running by time I finished work, winter walks home were uncomfortable.
Challenging with new skills to learn everyday
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2016
Great day with new experience and things to learn from every customers walking in to the store. Learning from trail and error, the best suited example for my job.
Fun and Learning Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 30, 2016
I learned alot from this job. I always adopted a positive behaviour with everyone. Co workers and management were really supportive.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short term schedule changes quite often
fun work place
Gas Jockey (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ONOctober 14, 2015
the most enjoyable part of work was have a funny boss that made work easier. the hardest part of the job was figuring out how to put money on gift cards. the typical day at work when i started at 3 i would come in get dress with the esso gas station work shirt put my hair up, throw the hat on start filling customers tanks and then either bring them inside to pay or bring the machine to their cars. only thing is we can't bring them out if it was raining. working with my co worker was fun as i went to high school with most of them.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
Worst place to work ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Theres's always something wrong, you can never do anything right. I only ever called in once and they were very rude about it. Minimum wage is not worth working here.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible bosses, annoying customers
Responsibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 13, 2016
Cash Register, Costumer service, Merchandising
Cooperative coworkers
Fast pace environment
Meet and greet new people and get to know new amazing things.
Pros
Soft skills improvement.
Provided Opportunity when needed
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Working in the store was good. Learned nothing new here. Greeting customers and providing services. Management was good the owner was trusted the employees, so it was quite good.
Pros
No boss around
Cons
no proper shifts
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 2, 2016
This is a good place to work and I am fully satisfied with this job, But I want to explore my potentials, That's why I am looking for new job.
employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 19, 2016
I found fantastic way of learning in fast environment about management team work and public dealing and how to upgrade yourself in future career .
Nice and unique environment
Cashier - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
working at a gas station was definitely not one of my expertise but i managed and learned a lot from working as a cashier and dealing with people.
Incompentent managenment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Long nights and staff was unfriendly always late pushy and just all around unhelpful. Shifts were unbearable, as i was doing night shift it was long and being the only female working at night was scary.
Fun Place to work due to being able to communitcate with the public
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 1, 2015
Best part of the day was being able to assist customers in a fast paced environment. Worked with a great group of people as well unfortunately the pay is not very good at all hard to make a living on this type of salary.