Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews

productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 March 2017
The Job was very nice. It was good experience for me to work at the Esso gas station. Gave me experience of money handling, stocking.
The hardens part of job was to operate Lottery machine.
esso
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 March 2017
I was working at Esso as an Assistant Manager where I learned to manage the employee and how to handle angry customer or employee. It was a good starting platform for my career.
Pros
new experience
Cons
no further opportunity
Fantastic part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC14 March 2017
Best job ive ever had for part time work. Job is easy and can be fun. It's very laid back. It's fun dealing with customers usually. I can go on my phone or tablet at work. It's very chill. Free coffee if your location has it. I was going through a string of AWFUL part time jobs that were destroying me and my outlook on life but this place saved me. Perfect job for when in college or school. Nicest manager ive ever had in my life.
Pros
Free coffee if your location has it, great customers, amazing managers, great staff, most laid back job ive ever had
Cons
You work by yourself so its a little bit of responsibility. Other than that, none.
esso review
Cashier and Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  High River, AB28 February 2017
Great employer had a very positive work experiance and have a great relation with the manager but the work place is quite far from my house. It takes approximately 45-50 mins to drive to work and the same amount of time back so im looking to find some place of work within the city.
Pros
free car wash, free coffee, and over all great experiance, fast paced work environment which kept you busy.
Cons
Long hours and occasional grumpy customers but those are everday challenges that one must overcome
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 February 2017
Great workplace environment, awesome staff and management. Fun but professional workplace, great hours great work. good starting wage great training always wanting you to do your best, will be straight forward with always, very understanding. You will enjoy your time working here
Fun place to work and connect
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2017
A normal day at work consists of dealing with customers and helping them with anything they require. There is also a daily set of work you have to do for each shift. A normal shift is 8 hours. The store has its normal customers and are fun to interact with.
Pros
Free slushes and coffee
Cons
No breaks
Productive workplace
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS22 January 2017
everyone was pretty friendly the management was nice, the hardest part of the job was waiting for the check. learnt a lot about customer service and about working with every kind of customer from happy people to people that are fumingmad learnt how to defuse bad situations.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
short hours
i was able to learn how to work the till
Cashier/Gas Jockey (Former Employee) –  Balcarres, SK16 January 2017
i sit behind the till i made sure everything was organized and cleaned up the store and helped the coumsters and went out to pump the gas in the cars cleaned the windsheilds and did oil changes
Pros
learned how to close down the store and learned how to read the litres on how much gas we sold
Cons
not enough hours and not good enough pay
Friendly management, efficient team.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2017
It was a good location, helped me gain more knowledge on how to be an efficient and friendly cashier.

A typical day at work involved fast paced money handling, dealing with more than a few difficult customers, and memorising the location of more then 50 different brands of cigarettes.
in short I counted small change fast, and worked with an effective team that were helpful and informative.

I left to study in college full time.
Pros
Free Coffee, Convenient location.
Cons
Outdated system, ESSO needs to update their Cash Registers.
A normal part tome gig
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
A job recommended for students or anyone looking for experience in retail. I felt like I wasn't compensated well for the duties I performed. Overwhelming responsibilities.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
long hours, poor compensation
fast paced
cashier/gasjockey (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB18 December 2016
Pros
lots of fresh air meet and talk to alot of people
I sharped my working skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downtown Vancouver30 November 2016
The most busiest gas station among the area.I handeled cash and lottey system. Good environment but homeless people around make it messy . I worked on event days and nights that made me fluent in communication skills.
Pros
friendly and eduacated customers
Cons
everytime busy
Reproductive and Respectful
Cashier/Customer Services and Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON21 November 2016
Its good enivornment, friendly, management, experienced, lovable and respectful. It all depends on trustworthly and experienced.
Working Environment
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
Its a fun place to work.
Meeting new people, and get an opportunity to know and learn abut new things, new culture.
Getting a opportunity to interact with professional people.
Simple job easy to learn
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON14 November 2016
The job is easy after you learn everything. There is only a few things to learn. Where the smokes are and how to use the cash register
Good part time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC10 November 2016
Its a good part time job for students or someone who just wants to work a couple days per week. Not suitable for someone who is looking to advance in their position.
Mentor International Students
SUPERVISOR & IT PERSON (Current Employee) –  Lakefield, ON8 October 2016
Best Place to work with your studies going on. Teach students your own program so that it helps other as well as build up your own communication skills and better understanding of how different student face different kind of problems.
Pros
Meet Diversity of Students
Job summary
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 October 2016
I liked everything about this organization, the shifts sometimes are long but are manageable. But the worst part is management of the location where i work. The management of the place is not so very good.
Pros
Salary
Esso
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON1 October 2016
At first the job was going well, but probably 5 months into the job, the manager would always call me for work when they know i have school. THAT PLACE IS TERRIBLE
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Terrible Management
good management
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
enjoyable, filled with good memories of clients and staff.
new ways to help enhance business
decent/reliable managers.
adaptation to online/computer
interactions with customers
Pros
self improvement
Cons
long night shirts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esso Gas Station. Our community is ready to answer.

74%