Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews

great manager
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nobel, ON16 November 2017
Esso was a fantastic job which introduced me to the prospect of assertively asking guests for ID. I enjoyed my time working for this company and would return.
Pros
great manager, friendly customers, etc.
Mostly great staff and really awesome management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Port Rowan, ON3 November 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Port Rowan Esso, management was very nice, accommodating, and never unnecessarily angry when things don't go according to plan.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 October 2017
it was a good place to work. All employs were very helpful and they were also like a stressbusters for me. The manager was quite helpful and easy going. All they want from an employ is dedication towards work.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
night shifts
Productive and fun work
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 October 2017
It was good start for gaining experience in customer service and management skills. Moreover, always trying to learn something to be better than yesterday.
Just filling in the blanks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON10 October 2017
why is it making write reviews for all the places i worked it seems kinda unfair, these should all be optional not mandatory unless I'm missing something
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  2189, Lakeshore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON, M8V1A19 October 2017
- It was a very enjoyable cashier work where you have to manage both the gas station and the store in it.
- Over the course of time it helped me improve my communication skills, how to co-operate with your fellow employee and multi tasking.
- I was very grateful that I had so nice co-workers. It was a great experience to work with people of different age groups and backgrounds.
- Sometimes the customers used to be very rude and impatient.
- Most of the customers were very nice and they used to appraise my work and I got to communicate with them and l gathered so much information.
Pros
Fun workplace.
Cons
No breaks during working hours.
Good part time experience
Customer Representative and U-Haul Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2017
A typical day at work is dealing with people and I learned a lot about habits of people, dealing with them, handling issues under very stress. People are not as they may seem in their office. Hardest part of job was dealing with the people when the system used to be down. Most enjoyable part is that you learn a lot from people and you get a good chance to network with people
I learned so many things
Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  alberta27 September 2017
Hire and train staff, Order merchandise, Establish work schedules, Assign sales workers to duties, Prepare reports on sales
Volumes, Maintain inventory
I tried to keep work culture very friendly so that the people works with me they will honest, focused and goal achievers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Neepawa, MB21 September 2017
My typical day at work started at 7 am. and i finish at 3 pm. Sometimes i worked weekend shifts, it was very interesting to communicate with many different people. I tried to do my best every time when clients needed help. Many people were new to Neepawa so I helped them to find right road.
it was too gud to do work over there
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON21 September 2017
monday and wednesday
leadership skills
management was really gud
all was friendly and too nice
to do work in extreme cold days
to deal with customers
Pros
free rides and lunches
Cons
very long hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB6 September 2017
Was always kept busy, made life long friends with all the other employees. The store owners were awesome and treated me as if I was their daughter, so I enjoyed waking up everyday to go to work. The owners were fun and always kept me laughing and made me enjoy my job. There was never a tough day, there was always people coming in and out so we were always busy.
Poor management in every aspect.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, ON31 August 2017
management was unable to effectively train me which led to many problems along the way. Customers were also upset about lack of progress in the store as well as the lack of selection of products.
Typical work day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mundare, AB21 August 2017
Summer were the better part of the job because it was always busy and winter were very slow they understood when you are a student, you could only would a certain amount of hours and would respect that
Pros
Free drinks on shift
Cons
No raises
Gas station
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB14 August 2017
Regular cashier duties, good for a part time school student looking for work. Take care of all sales, attending the pumps and keeping the store in a tidy and organized condition
Productive fun environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tavistock, ON8 August 2017
A Typical working day at Esso for me would be working from 2pm-10pm. During my shift i get to interact with customers and help satisfy their experience at the store and make them feel welcomed.
fair enough
Cashier (full time) (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK4 August 2017
all treatment for employee is okay. all benefit is on the law. not a small store. lots of co workers and busy on weekend. good place to work. never happen unfair thing.
Pros
employee DC
Cons
Busy
Good place to learn and get your people skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 July 2017
Esso gas station was a good place to work. They provided with great training opportunities to girls in order for them to advance and learn, good schedule, always welcoming. Management was very positive and family oriented.
Pros
Cons
They sell cigarettes and I do not support.
Felt like home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flamborough, ON21 July 2017
Esso was a great place to work because everyone got to know you and the same customers always came in and you really got to know them and bond with them. I loved being able to get the jobs done at my own pace and not being rushed because esso isnt that busy. Overall the job was great i just had to leave for school purposes.
Pros
Bonding with customers, not very fast paced, no major dress cofe.
Cons
Lots of stuff to do with very little help
Environnement agréable.
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC19 July 2017
Travailler dans une station d'essence, c'est facile et agréable. Servir les clients, et leurs donner une belle accueille est la chose la plus apprécier. Sa permet un contacts avec les clients.

La chose le moins agréable, est le ménage de l'environnement, et lorsqu'il y a des vols, mais ceci est rare.
Unprofessional Management, Unfair Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, ON29 June 2017
Shifts at front counter are 9-11 hours, if you have open availability that will be abused without restraint. You are expected to know everything, even if you haven't been trained on it, and the manager was incredibly unprofessional for the entirety of the time