Essilor is the world leader for corrective lenses. The success of the group, which is present in more than 100 countries, is the result of a strategy that has been driven by innovation for more than 160 years. From design to manufacture, the group develops a wide range of lenses to correct and protect eyesight.
Essilor also develops and sells equipment for prescription laboratories, as well as instruments and services designed for optical professionals.
Essilor Canada is currently seeking a Service Technician. The territory is mainly Alberta but also includes Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Repair, calibrate and install equipment in-house or at the client’s business site;
- Provide telephone technical support to clients, technicians and sales representatives in order to identify problems and provide adequate solutions;
- Train the clients on how to use the equipment;
- Rebuild used equipment for resale;
- Identify and manage the level of spare parts required to repair the equipment. Verify and label standard exchange spare parts to be returned to head office;
- Consult and archive service manuals and periodical “info notes”;
- Manage and plan workshop and field service calls according to priorities with the cooperation of the sales representatives. Register all cases as work order cases and report travel schedule
- Prepare equipment for demonstrations at clients’ business sites;
- Produce a weekly report on completed repairs and travel;
- Visit existing clients for periodical follow-ups.
- College degree in Electronics or Electromechanical;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical services;
- Good knowledge of the windows Office suite
- Autonomous and able to set priorities;
- Sound judgement and strong ability for problem solving;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Flexibility for working hours on the road;
- Frequent traveling required (Alberta / Saskatchewan / Manitoba).
If you are looking for new challenges with an innovative company that offers a dynamic workplace and a competitive benefits program, please send your resume in confidence by replying to this posting.