Essential Coil Well Service

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
inner office politics
SUPERVISOR NITROGEN SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK20 June 2017
at one point and time, it was a great place to work however over time the infighting and petty squabbles became too much as usual the Red Deer crowd and there clicks lost fact that we are here to work not gossip behind people's back if you enjoy worrying about what group to hang out with then this is the place for you if you are looking for a place to work with security and advancement dare I say McDonald's would be a better fit.
Competitive
Field Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 November 2015
A typical day at work in the field superintendent role would start with a morning conference call, then update the server so that the corporate side knew where all the equipment was. Then you go through all the field tickets and timesheets from the previous day. Then if there is a job up you would dispatch a crew and equipment. Then start going through emails approving/not approving all the PO's from the field staff. On occasion there is equipment being designed in which case I would over see the design. Coordinate with field staff to ensure that the maintenance team completes any repairs required, on occasion fix it myself as well. Ensure that the warehouse has enough chemicals to sustain the current demand. Sift threw resumes and online applications in order to crew up more equipment. Conduct personal progress reviews with field workers and if need be terminate/discipline. If I find a good resume I would interview and possibly hire. Once all of that is done travel to a wellsite and conduct site audits. You don't get to go to the field every day however you could get out there a couple times a week depending on how far locations were from home base.
Pros
Company truck, fuel cards, and credit card, good work atmosphere
Cons
Long hrs, pay was low compared to competition, disorganized dispatch system
Never know what your doing next.
Dispatcher/Office Services (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 July 2015
The people are ok but the work is not steady as well your job can be cut at anytime and there is a lack of trust within the company.
Great place to work.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 April 2015
Enjoyed my experience working with coil tubing units and learning new things everyday. My management team was helpful always. The hardest part of the job would of been long shifts away from the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essential Coil Well Service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8