Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a GIS Consultant. You will leverage your knowledge and training to assist in the implementation of GIS based solutions based on Esri technology. This position is based out of the Calgary office.
As a GIS Consultant you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the Prairie Region by effectively providing technical knowledge and delivery of assigned consulting projects and other client services. The successful candidate will also provide ability in user needs analysis, design, development and implementation of client solutions.
GIS Consultant responsibilities include:
- Providing technical expertise in development and implementation of the client solutions
- Ensure the smooth delivery of projects as specified in the project plan
- Monitor and control all technical activities throughout the complete life-cycle of the consulting assignment
- Assist with the building, testing, documentation, installation and training of customized applications integrated with Esri products
- Working with clients to assist them during the implementation process of software.
- Work closely with project teams to manage client expectations and ensure project objectives are met
- Contributing to needs analysis, functional requirements definition, and business solution needs as required
- Contribute in the development of project plans for all assigned projects
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs)
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics
Specific skill requirements:
- 3+ year’s experience with GIS applications
- Knowledge and experience with Esri products such as ArcGIS, Server, ArcSDE
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle or SQLServer)
- University degree in geography, geology/geosciences or equivalent education and experience
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building
- Time management / multi-tasking ability
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Customer oriented, good problem solver, team player with excellent communications skills
- Ability to travel within Canada
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience in training and educating customers using customized applications
- Experience in client/server applications
- Esri Technical Certifications
- ArcGIS Desktop –Professional
Esri Canada provides a dynamic and collegial work environment which offer the opportunity to build skills with leading software tools and technologies and participate in a team based approach. The company offers attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
If your background fits the above description and requirements, please apply online at www.esri.ca.
Esri Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Esri Canada is a privately held, Canadian-owned company that provides world-class enterprise geographic information system (GIS) solutions....