The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre is currently looking for two full time Infant & Toddler Educators for our Victoria locations. The centre's hours of operation are 6:30am to 5:30pm, and required shifts may vary within these hours.
- After completion of the probationary period, the Military Family Resource Centre will pay 70% of your Extended Health and Dental benefits as well as 50% of your MSP!
- Three weeks paid annual vacation after only one year of employment
- RRSP matching plan available for up to 4% of your annual income (This is the equivalent of almost $1300 each year!)
- Up to 10 days of sick leave per year (this includes medical and dental appointments)
- Free Base Gym membership
- Free parking
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program (counselling)
- Professional Development opportunities are promoted
- Fully paid staff training days (two per year)
A successful applicant will be able to take on the following responsibilities:
- Plan, carry out, and continually evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in harmony with the Centre's philosophy.
- Individualize the curriculum, incorporating aspects supportive of military lifestyle.
- Ensure guidance of children's behaviour that encourages positive self-concept.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the services offered by the MFRC to facilitate referrals or additional services for parents and children.
- Ensure the child's environment is healthy and safe.
- Ensure positive communication with and participation of parents.
- Contribute to the ongoing operations and development of the Centre, and the organization as a whole.
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Belief in and practice of the mission and goals of the program
- Ability to build trust and positive relationships with families in the program
- Acts as a role model of appropriate behaviour
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the Child Care Team, facilitating a team environment through personal behaviour, work contributions, and the sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Participation in the development of ideas for program enhancement. * Flexibility and adaptability
- Child-centered approach with recognition and appreciation of the uniqueness of the individual
- Support of the child and family to assist with the achievement of positive outcomes
- Energetic, resilient, and exhibiting a good sense of humour when personal resources are challenged.
- Effective interpersonal skills presented in a positive manner under all circumstances
- A high degree of personal initiative with good evaluative and organizational skills
- Continuing personal and professional development in related areas.
- Actively incorporates volunteers into the program area
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the profession.
Desired Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Valid Provincial Infant Toddler Educator's License to Practice
- Valid First Aid Certification * Documentation in accordance with Community Care Facilities Branch licensing requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues that affect children of military families
- Valid driver's license, class 4 preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with parents, community members, fellow staff, and building personnel
- A mature sense of responsibility and accountability with respect to your profession
- Team approach
- Proficiency in French considered an asset A criminal record check will be required as a condition of employment.
We offer competitive hourly wages and an excellent benefit package.
Please apply by emailing your resume.
We are looking to fill one position as soon as possible, and another at the end of February.