As a member of the System Verification team, you will take an active role in the delivery of Espial’s next generation TV Client based on HTML5 and Webkit technologies. This product is targeted at major TV operations in North America, Europe and Asia. Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Reviewing product requirements, participating in requirements reviews and authoring test cases to ensure requirements adherence
- Executing test cases and documenting test results
- Logging software defect reports and verifying fixes
- Developing and extending test automation scripts
- Assist Customer Support by staging, reproducing and/or investigating software defects reported in the field
- Participating in the maintenance of testing labs
- A Bachelors of Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent
- Previous User Interface testing experience (manual and/or automated)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with one or more of the following scripting/programming languages: Java Script, Python, Perl, XML,
- Working demonstrable knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Demonstrable complex problem solving skills
Ideal Candidate will also possess one or more of the following:
- Experience or familiarity with 1 or more of TV Set Top Box (STB) technologies, Video streaming/encoding technologies and/or Video CA-DRM technologies
- Familiarity with WebKit, HTML5 and/or CSS3
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues.
- Experience delivering software using an Agile Development methodology
- Experience with of networking protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/HTTPS
This position is targeted to a Junior to Intermediate career level. 1-5 years of formal software system testing experience is preferred but new graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Founded in 1997, Espial Group Inc. is a leading provider of on-demand TV software and software services including programming and technical...