Erskine Dredge & Associates Architects Inc. is a full-service Architectural Practice located in Ottawa, Ontario. Established in 1995, Erskine Dredge & Associates is noted for its long tradition of institutional redevelopment and renewal with design excellence and technical expertise. Our firm has developed a diverse portfolio of projects in Eastern Ontario, encompassing projects in a wide range of sectors including healthcare, office, hotel, retail, residential and mixed-use development. Please visit our website at www.ed-arch.com.
Our services extend the entire development cycle of a project from strategic planning to design and on through final construction. These services include: architectural and master planning, feasibility studies, development proforma, programming, interior design, contract documents, contract administration, building conditions assessments, and building sciences.
We are seeking an Intermediate Architectural Technologist. The ideal candidate will have strong work ethics; be an enthusiastic team player, goal oriented, who completes projects in a timely manner. Candidate must be reliable, organized and have a strong understanding of architectural practices and procedures for construction documents.
- Minimum of 5 years (post graduate) relevant work experience
- Revit proficiency is mandatory.
- Experience and proficiency in the preparation of working drawings and construction documents with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable skill in drawing organization knowledge
- Excellent understanding of building science technology and assembly
- Fully versed in the Ontario Building Code
- Excellent communication, design, and problem solving skills as well as appreciation and sensitivity to architectural design intent
- Ability to work both collaboratively within a team setting and to work independently on smaller projects
- Self-motivated individual capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects and who, in particular, is interested in growing with the firm.
The position offers competitive salaries and benefits package. If you would like to join a dynamic, fast-paced, but friendly, supportive team based environment, please submit a cover letter with credentials, electronic resume and images of your work to, HR Manager. Your documents should be in a PDF format and no more than 5 pages. Please keep it simple and do not send interactive application or zipped files. Resumes will be accepted in confidence.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.