ERM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Zero job security
Junior Consultant (Former Employee), Durban, KwaZulu-NatalMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Good work space conditions
Cons: Poor management skill of senior employees
Zero job security, even for those consultants working on a permanent contract basis. Management is narrow minded and cannot see the bigger picture.
Vibrant Workplace
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Hong KongJanuary 9, 2016
ERM offered an attractive remuneration and welfare package, with a 5-day work and 20 days of annual leave, which is quite exceptional in Hong Kong. The risk team has a vibrant culture with friendly co-workers holding parties and activities from time to time. As the technical writer of the team, I was responsible for drafting proposals, coordinating the input from local and oversea consultants. In addition, liaising with the client to keep track of the submitted opportunity was a major part of my duties so that requests from the client will be addressed in a swift manner. Sometimes handling multiple proposals within a tight deadline is the most challenging part as the associated coordination effort is enormous. Fortunately, a group of helpful colleagues have a propensity to monitor my workload so that a balanced work environment is maintained.
Tight time frames and tight budget
Environmental Scientist/Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne/GeelongOctober 24, 2015
Pros: a few good opportunities to work on big projects
Cons: not much room for advancement
Not a great place to learn and little advancement. Feedback and promotion is a joke. Long hrs and no overtime. Too top heavy and no work life balance- sign of the times.
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee), Houston. TxOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Coffe Cafe
Cons: Management Change
Laid off due to cut backs, I did full cycle Accounts Payable. Three check runs per week, coding invoices, as well as entering them.
productive place
Administrator/Analyst Receptionist II (Current Employee), Melville, NYSeptember 10, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR
SAP EHS-EHSM Expert (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: Any Pros will be temporary and false advertisement
Cons: Healthcare could take 2 months to start, Fire you on short notice when project ends
I used to work for this company. This is the WORST company to work for, the management is two face, they tell you all the great things FALSELY FABRICATED which will in a few months turn out to be a bunch of lies. There is NO JOB SECURITY, they will hire you for a specific project or role and once the project ends they will make up an excuse and fire you on the spot. The management has too many politics and issues among themselves.
I WILL NEVER WORK FOR ERM AGAIN AND WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK HERE.
ERM is a good company to work for if you're a consultant.
Receprtionis/Admin Support (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 24, 2015
Pros: Pro - Medical Aid
Cons: Con - Paid for 100% By me
A regular day at work is very interactive and Involved.

I've learned alot and have been happy to work for ERM for the last year and four months.

The hardest part for me in my day or experience at ERM and the main reason I'd like to leave is. I dont like the being confound to my desk and cannot move to even go to the rest room without requesting permission to do so.

The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the people around me.
Good coworkers but poor leaders.
Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 12, 2015
Pros: Nice location. Most people are friendly.
Cons: Poor leaders, demoralizing, unfair, open office environment.
Leadership is nonexistent. Some departments desperately need a management change.
Partners seem to promote people who are incompetent and arrogant. Most PM's are not very knowledgable in the their field of 'expertise' and play the blame game when review time comes around. Limited chance for advancement with current management. The only performance metrics that ERM seem to care about is sales targets, face to face meetings, and billing percentage. Those are hard to achieve if you are not writing proposals and denied direct contact with clients. Forget about proper training and mentoring. These important development activities are essentially nonexistent and when you can help, it's unappreciated.
Growing company, especially in SAP space
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
The company is a very good one to work for. The Information Solutions groups is basically a separate company from the Environmental Consulting side, which is unfortunate. There seems to be a lot less internal competition and insecurity in the Environmental side. A lot of opportunity if you have SAP experience.
I want a company that I can help grow and learn from upper management.
Office Administrator/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: love my supervisor.
Cons: work/life balance is very poor.
Personable, deadline-driven and self-starter Office Administrator/Executive Assistant experienced in working in a fast-paced environment. Solid team player who offers a positive and cooperative attitude.
Management unable to grasp large project planning
Program Director (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 12, 2014
Great co-workers caught in a changing culture resulting in a very high turn over rate.
Productive and fun workplace
Export clerk (Current Employee), Buenos Aires, BJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches and trips
Cons: travel on weekends
I arrive to the office at 9 o'clock. I have learnt about responsability and accomplishments. I always write down in a notebook and in my Outlook calendar my everyday duties. I usually check the bank account first, payments and colletcions of the day, I control shipments and departure/arrival dates and documents situations. Call to suppliers for the raw material and customers for payment. I talk to engineers to check when they will be finishing a project to invoice to customers in time. My co-workers are very nice, some of them are very young, some of them are very helpful. Environment is really nice. Of course we have differences but always in a respectful basis. The hardest part of the job is when projects/budgets are rejected by the customers/suppliers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all projects and shipments go well and the customers and suppliers are known by us and we get shipment collections without problems.
Great work environment and work life balance - no opportunity for advancement if you are in an administrative role.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 18, 2013
Pros: great work life balance.
Cons: no opportunity for advancement for administrative and some junior technical roles.
ERM is a great place to work if you are a technical person (i.e, consultant, geologist, etc) - if you are in an administrative role there is virtually no opportunity for advancement. Co-workers are absolutely the best.
Excellent environmental consulting company
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 8, 2013
I worked at ERM for 7 years, I gained great experience during my time there. I was able to develop my technical and problem solving skills in the field and reporting. My co-workers were always enthusiastic to perform the work and ready to get their hands dirty.
Great company
Administrative Receptionist (Current Employee), Metairie, LAOctober 17, 2012
Pros: brown bags, on the job trainings, supportive coworkers
For the most part, I enjoy working at ERM, however, I would like to pursue a career in my field of study. At this facility, being in the admin position, I am not granted the opportunity to advance into the field that I would like. Job advancement is there for those who have degrees in this line of work. My bachelors is in Psychology and I am pursuing my masters in Legal Studies. My coworkers are the sweetest and most lovely bunch of individuals I have ever met. From the first day I started, they have all been equally nice, helping, and full of support. The hardest part of my job is watching everyone around me work in their career while I am working a job and waiting on my opportunity to advance into my career. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am in a very friendly environment and I love the people that I work with. I have learned ample skills that will help me in future endeavors.
Its a productive and fun to work here.
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee), Bangalore, KarnatakaSeptember 10, 2012
Working in ERM is really fun. Its more than an office. Much like a family. I got to learn many things here and I am looking forward to learn much more interesting and challenging things.
Why consulting has a bad reputation
consultant (Former Employee), Western USAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: dynamic work environment
Cons: a company that pretends to care about their employees
A the location I worked, the company seems to tolerate if not condone less than professional work - doing more to curry to clients than to meet regulatory obligations or professional ethics. Disjointed managment, lack of cohensive values. The company has a reputation of hiring then firing personnel once they are done with them. Cyclical nature of consulting does not help either.
Fantastic working environment, invaluable experienced gained
Environmental Consutling Assisstant (Former Employee), Tokai, Cape TownJuly 6, 2012
Pros: invaluable experience and exposure gained
Cons: traffic from durbanville through to tokai was bad
Typical hours were 7am till 5pm
Managed to work within 2 of the 3 internal departments.
A couple site visits were thoroughly enjoyed.
Important work, well-coordinated
Partner Consultant (Former Employee), TrinidadMarch 12, 2012
Pros: social impact
Cons: insecurity
A very high-pressure project (ALCOA Chatham/Cap-de-Ville ESIA) executed with personable superiors and great work team.
Un ambiente de trabajo agradable, gente profesional.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFMay 29, 2015
Pros: seguro de gastos medicos mayores
Llegar al lugar que previamente reservaste en el sistema de desk booking, saludar a tus compañeros, conectar la lap, checar los mails, revisar si hay algo urgente o pendiente, terminar el trabajo del día. Si estas en campo es muy diferente, tienes que llevar el EPP requerido, levantarte mas temprano, informarte antes que hacen en la planta, que tipo de visita es, etc. Si vas a tomar avión (ida y vuelta) coordinar la llegada con el cliente, revisar las condiciones meteorologicas, etc. Si vas a quedarte mas de un día, preparar la maleta, revisar la logística del viaje, en la noche en el hotel, revisar mails y cosas urgentes que pudieran surgir en la ausencia.