Responsible for daily food preparation and presentation for each meal you will demonstrate your creative flair while preparing quality meals, snacks, baked goods and catering events to meet our high standards of nutrition and dining enjoyment for our Retirement home residents.
- Preparation of meals according to the posted menu ensuring that the high standards set are executed and respected at all times
- Oversee and assist with the service of food, ensuring client food preferences are respected.
- Ensure that all dietary functions are performed in a clean, sanitary manner.
- Assist the Food Service Manager in control of food costs, waste, and ordering.
- Recommend and institute change in technique or procedure for more efficient operation.
- Chef/Cook Certification from a recognized college, preferably Red Seal
- Experience with quantity food preparation and execution, ideally in a 5 star hotel or Retirement Living environment.
- Empathy for, and an understanding of the needs of our customers and their guests.
- Ability to speak, read and write English, and to follow oral and written directions, and do arithmetic calculations.
This is a part time position, hours and days of work will vary.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Located in the established Erin Mills area of Mississauga, The Erin Mills Retirement Residence offers a continuum of supportive living for...