Ericsson Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Unhappy place to work
Sr. Technical Writer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2013
Pros: 100% company paid benefits plan
Cons: mismanagement
The job is not what it was supposed to be. It is boring. And having a manager who has absolutely no idea what his people do does not help. The manager is just a project manager with no knowledge or background related to what his employees do.
The salary is 20% below what salary surveys put similarly employed people at.
goo dcompany to work for with competitive salary
CALL CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecOctober 22, 2013
Ericsson is a large corporation but a good company to work for. Competitive salary and lots of opportunities within the company to move around if you wish
Great workplace with friendly, knowledgeable people and balanced work life.
I&V Engineer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 11, 2013
Pros: lunch presentations, bbqs, learning resources, fast communication, great teammates, flexible hours
Cons: sometimes equipment have bad settings or bad parts, some employees work hard with success in high workload do not get the respect they deserve
The work environment is amazing and the people working there are all very easy to work with and are friendly while being very focused and knowledgeable about their field of work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was working on something new, but also, it is the strong synergy between team members when everyone is on the same page.

The hardest part of the job would be similar in any other tech jobs, where the obstacle stopping your flow of work is at the hands of another person or management, because they are part of the process as well. At times, it tends to be busy, and that is when there can be like a traffic jam.
Reliable and customer oriented
Customer Service Request handler (Former Employee), Montreal, CanadaOctober 4, 2013
always try to to my best at work, and also keep aligned work/life balance
Every morning I enjoyed going to work
Financial Analyst (Business Unit Level) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2013
My team along with cross functional leads were all amazing people to work with. The hours were long but the great atmosphere made it more soothing.
Productive, very casual atmosphere
CM/MHO Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: good work environment, friendly people
Cons: long hours
I learned and grew a lot in this company I enjoyed the people a worked for my ideas where heard. My contribution was important I was always challenged and learned a lot about my job and I moved up in the company. I enjoyed the people a worked with, it was a hard decision to leave and move to Toronto and start a new life.
Handling the network outage
Field Tech II (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 20, 2013
Pros: appreciation by management and customer.
Cons: long hours
During the last storm ,there was huge outage in the network due to power outage in GTA area.
We start getting alarms by the eveing for power loss at sites.
We mange the power at different sites to keep the network running for maximum time.
At the time of restoration ,everyone was involved from top level to lower to bring the whole network up and running in shortest possible time.
Lots of learning, but poor pay
Technical Deployment Support Engineer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 2, 2013
Pros: travel opportunities, colleagues are friendly
Cons: tight deadlines, rushed projects, poor pay
There's lots to learn and new technology to work on. However, the pay isn't that great, and the workload is heavy. While Ericsson doesn't pay for overtime and doesn't expect it's employees to work overtime, the workload will make it necessary to put in free hours. Unfortunately, the salaries don't keep up with the challenging nature of the work either. While Ericsson claims that employees can work globally, you have to know people on the inside to actually get placed anywhere outside your region. However, not all is bad. The employees are mostly nice, and the work environment is generally pleasant. There are numerous travel opportunities, all over the world. I recommend Ericsson if you're just starting out in the workforce, and want to see the world and learn a lot along the way.
Great place to work for, big company
Verification Engineer in LTE - Wireless (Current Employee), Ottawa ONJuly 29, 2013
Company is very big but the environment is very nice, since the office in Ottawa is not too big
Overall great company to wok for
Experienced Software Developer (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJune 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits, job security
- Great company to work in, especially for starting out your career.
- One of the largest software companies out there, even though you may think it's telecom only, but there is a lot of software involved.
Summury
Design Project Manager (contractor to Ericsson) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: international opportunities
Cons: too many internal burocratical requirements with lillte training support.
The company it too burocratical, they have many formal and bureaucratic procedures internally. At the same time they do not provide enough training, do not explain how to use those internal company tools, reporting s/w applications for employers.

Little job security: No one tells you any warning in advance about your mistakes, your disadvantages, what shall you improve in your performance. They just come to your desk and inform that you are fired, or your contract is terminated. It ought to be better to let people know what they need to improve in advance, work with people and help them.
Productive and fun workplace
Services Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 14, 2013
Excellent place to work and learn. The learning offered at the company is state of the art.
Great place
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), MissisaugaMay 9, 2013
Great place to work.
Lot's of flexibility, lots of training, lots to learn.
Excellent place to start a career.
Excellent Work Culture
Senior Project Consultant / Engineer (Former Employee), Montreal, CanadaApril 10, 2013
Great place to work, Excellent work culture, Professional environment, Great place to grow.
Excellent Work Culture
Consultant / Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaApril 10, 2013
Great work place excellent work culture,Professional environment
Great place to work, great people, excellent culture but not alot of opportunities to move a head
Customer Programt Manager - Radio Projects (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2013
Enjoyed working here, very challenging work. Learned alot about formal PM methodologies. Very challenging customers. Good tools.
A typical day starts with a meeting where we go through the day's agenda!
FOA Project Manager (Current Employee), Stockholm, ABFebruary 11, 2013
A typical day starts with a meeting where we go through the day's agenda!
Fun and engaging work environment
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: very empowering experience, took on a lot of responsibilities
Cons: small team
Sourcing Specialist for Ericsson Canada, reporting directly to Sourcing Director on business engagement activities.

Typical tasks:
- Create, analyse, and present Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to clients during governance meetings, highlighting areas of concern to discuss action plan and areas of improvement
- Initiated Business Due Diligence and vendor on-boarding process and provided manager input on whether to engage in further business with potential companies
- Communicate with executives of vendors on a daily basis, maintaining a healthy, positive business relationship
- Responsible for issuing RFP's and ensuring cost savings for Ericsson
- Create and analyse monthly Spend and Savings report

The best part of working for Ericsson was that I had the opportunity to take on a significant amount of responsibilities. As 1/3 of the sourcing team, I was empowered to make important decision and was responsible for work that made a large impact
Good work life balance
Software Developer (Former Employee), DublinFebruary 5, 2013
Friendly co-workers, and the pair mentor program was great.
Project Manager/Implementation Manager Lead (Current Employee), VancouverFebruary 5, 2013
I was based in Vancouver as a remote PM so did not have visibility of office environment.
Employees