Ericsson

Ericsson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wireless Engineer
Engineer II (Former Employee), Overland Park KS, 66251October 9, 2014
Pros: great job, good benefits
Maintain Network quality and restore / upgrade as required for all Nortel, Alcatel Lucent and Samsung sites within Sprint's Network.
Fun Place to work
Network System Admin (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 7, 2014
I have learned that there is always plenty of opportunity to learn at this company. Things here change fast. My co-workers are a fun group to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what I have fixed makes a difference.
Good place overall to work.
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee), Plano TexasOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits and salary.
Cons: cons are managable, none to speak of
The position tends to start early and work late due to the nature of the business.

Ericsson Trains well, the weakness is that the training is normally direct or internet and there is not a lot of direct interpersonal training. The expectation is that once your trained, you know it. This is not always the case. Training is a process and learning over – more... time, not just in the moment.

The management and the co-workers all tend to be qualified and capable.

The job tends to be long, schedules are tough and the Budget is sometimes unrealistic and the expectation is to work with what you get and deal with the issues, it is a positive position where decisions are worked out together. I see this a challenge, but one that is manageable through good communications and ways of working.

The job changes each day and sometimes hourly. It is both challenging and rewarding. – less
Introduction to Project Coordination
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: early schedule, hour lunch, sprint discounts
Cons: rude management, false hopes of permanent employment, no benefits, no flexibility in schedules if desired
This job allowed me to tap into the Project Coordination side for IT services. I loved the responsibility and learning the ends and out of organizing a project, imputing ideas, and executing. A work day consisted of going over past due logs for e assessed old service calls to close them out properly or have them reworked. Management was very close because – more... they grew up together but could tend to make jokes that were not appropriate for the work place. At times it seemed as if management would belittle you and make comments that implied behavior for certain races and ethnicities by assumption. The most enjoyable part of the job was our department created a Nerf game to keep the atmosphere light. Eventually the entire office joined in including management. I loved the work schedule because it started early. My team mates were amazing. It was only 6 of us and we were close. We worked closely together to ensure everyone's success and not just our own individual success. We loved shining as a group. This job allowed me the opportunity to see how this field works and I enjoy it. I was hired through a temp agency and was consistently told we would be brought on permanently only to actually be let go once our project was completed. – less
Great Benefits
Program Manager II (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 29, 2014
Ericsson has great benefits and great international relations
Working experience in that company.
Technical project manager (Former Employee), Shanghai. ChinaSeptember 28, 2014
It was the first company i worked for. I learned a lot technical skills in the company in software and hardware. when I left, I had very good skills and independant work skill.
excellent
BD Director, Ericsson (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: work environment
great place to work. people and mission are great. You know daily that what you are doing is important and vital to sustain US critical missions.
on the forefront of wireless technology
BTS Test Engineer (Former Employee), Totowa, NJSeptember 24, 2014
a decent place to work at and willing to train. emphasis on project management.
not necessary
Senior Systems Engineer & Principal Consultant (Former Employee), jasper gaSeptember 23, 2014
extensive travel with opportunity to work from home.
Hardest part of the job was waiting for contracts to be signed in order to begin work on engagements
Challanging position with lots of learning
Team Lead RAN (Current Employee), KarachiSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: sometimes it becomes long hours to finish the work
I have been groomed here in Ericsson with such a rapid pace that I havent been groomed before in my previous jobs.
Huge company with operations all over the world
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2014
Huge company with operations all over the world which means the culture is really dependent on your particular group.

Healthcare is outstanding and the people are all very smart from what I've seen. HR is a disaster, and their needs to be more of a unified corporate culture.
The most enjoyable place to work.
Support Engineer (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFSeptember 16, 2014
I loved my job, it was challenging, the work environment was the awesome and the company´s culture is the best there is; they make you feel like a part of a really big family.
interesting line of work
Data entry of equipment (Former Employee), AthloneSeptember 15, 2014
- Inventry logging, Checking and scanning equipment and logging on computer
- Recodring goods incoming onto computer
- Data entry of equipment IDs from paper system into computer
Work benefits are good, Management needs to get their game together
Customer Project Manager (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 8, 2014
a typical day at work is usually busy. Even with downtime you have training available

management is not clear on how to support you to do your job. They assign you to projects without doing their research and then you are on your own to figure things out, while they sit back and don't monitor your progress.

co-workers are cordial and helpful

the – more... hardest part of the job is to work without feedback and ever changing directions from your functional managers and line managers, which leads to frustration and inefficiency

the most enjoyable part of the job is flexible hours – less
Network Operations Tech
Network Control Technician II (Former Employee), Overland Park KsSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: layoffs
it's was a good company, I really enjoyed learning about the different systems that company used to perform day to day operations.
Not a good company to work for.
Incident Manager (Former Employee), CoventrySeptember 3, 2014
Pros: a canteen with cooked food at reasonable prices.
Cons: work environment poor
Incident management function. Liasing with dispatch front and back offices. liasing with third party contractors. To resolve tickets within agreed SLAs.
No training we had to pick it up as we went along.
Management poor, knee jerk reactions, to any crisis.
My co-workers were excellent people. They were enjoyable to be with and very helpful.
The hardest – more... part of the job was dealing with the ever changing requirements. Methods of working were always changing and priorities were also changed regularly.
The enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
Training : Planing and Optimization
Planing & optimization (Former Employee), BeirutAugust 31, 2014
I have worked in the planing and optimization networks with the team of the Radio Access Network, where i have used on more programes like: Nemo Analyze and Mentuem cell planner. And i got more theoretical knowledge about 2G, 3G and 4G networks
- I got the chance to work for two weeks as a drive test engineer with a engineer of QTS company (Quality – more... Telecom Services) , where i have used this tools: TEMS and Nemo Outdoor – less
Excellent
Front Office Engineer (Former Employee), Reading, ENGAugust 30, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
Its was nice time working with Ericsson.Very cooperative co-workers.I had a best time spent at Ericsson.
RBS Engineer/ Transmission/ IPRAN
IPRAN ENGINEER,RBS (Current Employee), NIGERIAAugust 26, 2014
• Effective identification of RBS 3000 and 6000 Series
• Complete Integrating and Commissioning of TUC / SIU, Aviat, DUG,DUW and DUL
• Scratching of Node B (DUW and DUL)
• Changing of IP using RBS Element manager
• Checking and clearing of Alarm using Moshell
• Efficient use of Moshell Application with its command
• IP RAN , Aviat, Ret, Asc and Feeder – more... cable Troubleshooting
• Identification of visible Vlan on available
• Replace of faulty Tx , Rx and Rack Board – less
Field Technician
Associate Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: paid travel, learning new things, free medical!!!!!
Cons: job security. constant changes
Everyday is something different. They make changes all the time. Job security is not that secure, bit if the fire you, you can come right back as a contractor.

About Ericsson

Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society and is a world leader in communications technology and services. Our – Read more