Ericsson

Ericsson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Work environment
Project (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2014
I have worked on a project for Ericsson. This project was part of my subject in UTD.
I had client meetings with Ericsson which was very helpful in getting insights about the work culture.
Supply Chain Manager/NPI (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 11, 2014
Another working place. Great innovation program!
Pleasant people to work with.
Great benifits package, lousy management
RF Field Technician II (Former Employee), Northern New MexicoNovember 10, 2014
Pros: the pay and the benifits
Cons: long hours and they didn't want to let you take vacations.
My day started when I woke up in the morning and checked my tickets to see where I was working that day. I was driving on average 1000 miles per week to work at different sites in the northern part of the state. While working there didn't see my last two managers. They are VERY top heavy in management. They have at least two managers per project and – more... for a telecommunications company they don't communicate between divisions. Ericsson creates an environment of that it's better to put down fellow employees than to congratulate them. Was on STD so that is why I got laid off. – less
Innovative experience
Tech Lead, Wipro Technologies (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 8, 2014
Discovering and improving the skills daily.
Exciting work.
Good learning experience
ssss
Network Analyst II (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: no job security!!!!!
Clock in, Log in to computer station. Go thru ticket que and receive calls from technicians and provide NOCC support.
Ericsson is a very friendly and it has a lot of opportunities to work and learn.
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Athlone, WHNovember 5, 2014
Getting a job in Ericsson is really a dream to me.

It provides a lot of opportunities to learn new.

Very friendly environment.

More mobility to move to different teams.
8.9
Project Managment and Business Analyst (Former Employee), CaliforniaOctober 27, 2014
Ericsson is a provider of telecommunications and data communication systems with offices across the world. I am presently working on a project for Ericsson’s client Sprint on 4G upgrade project.
Fun place to work for
Supply chain Coordinator / Data capturer (Current Employee), GPOctober 27, 2014
Pros: they have flexiblehours which makes it even fun to work for sucu a company
It's a fun place to work at.People are nice , we are all one huge team.
The management is supportive in every problem you have , be it work related or personal.
Every Team membert is willing to help and assist you if you are new.
Perfect organization if you want to grow profesional
Internal SSC Support (Former Employee), Mexico, MOOctober 24, 2014
Ability to do a remote commute and opportunities to travel. Provide plenty of project opportunities to keep you challenged.
Dynamic
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 22, 2014
Great technology company
Very good culture
Good teams
Fore front of technology
Contributor to standards
Ericsson opens plethora of opportunities for its employees.
Customer Project Manager (Current Employee), IndiaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: onsite opportunities, rotation of job.
Cons: complex reporting structure, political laisions take precendence over actual good work.
Within Ericsson we can shift roles. This overcomes the boredom of repetitive job.
Work hard and Play Hard
Supervisor of Network Operation - (Technician III) (Former Employee), Las VegasOctober 22, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: long hours 2hrs shifts
Supervisor of Network Operation - (Technician III)
• Supervisor of Network Operations Center Technician (West Coast Team), take escalations and direct the troubleshooting, isolation and resolution of network outages and degradation within SLAs.
• Providing reports and trends to senior management and initiating change to improve the overall quality of – more... the Clearwire network
• As a supervisor of Clearwire, my role was to communicate with vendors and delegate a plan of action to ensure the resolution of major outages on the Clearwire Network.
• Proactive monitoring of the health and status of network elements to include, but not limited to, wireless base stations and terminal units, wireless back haul, wire line transport, routers, managed switches.
• Products support includes Transport Services: Fibe Optical, Microwave and LEC backhaul (including but not limited to DS1, DS3, and OC12) Hardware: Ciena,Cisco, Juniper, Ekinops. Nortel and Ceterus units. Dragon Wave, Motorola Orthogon, Eband and Redline.
• Troubleshooting of IP networking to Support of 802.16 Wimax Networks.
• Documentation of all technical issues/solutions in company ticketing Services Now. – less
Beautiful building, great environment, relaxed culture
Order Fulfillment Specialist II (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: relaxed culture, great team, productive workload
Cons: contractors are not privy to certain benefits
Sourcing is a great department. The team is a TEAM in every sense of the word, and everyone strives to assist everyone. The workload can be busy at times, yet it's productive. The hardest part of the job is the commute to work, but the company, department and workload are great!!
Productive but difficult to balance job and life.
first level assurance engineer (Current Employee), Noida, UPOctober 18, 2014
Productive but difficult to balance job and life. Management and co-worker are good and good place to learn but there is always a big stress as it was live project.
Fun Work Place with Lots of Learning
Solution Architect (Current Employee), Red Bank, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: global, market leader, advanced, employee friendly
Cons: nothing
Ericsson being number 1 in telecommunication field is one of the best employer in every aspect. You get opportunities to learn, to perform and to cherish your time span.

You get recognized for your hard work.
Planning Work for Engineers
C3 Planner (Current Employee), CoventryOctober 14, 2014
Pros: shift work
Cons: long hours
Reactive/Planned work allocation to the Field, either by manual trouble ticket assignment or through optimised automation processes within a Work Force Management system (WFM).
Review and monitor Ticket allocations through to resolution, ensuring that any escalation processes are followed.
Wireless Engineer
Engineer II (Former Employee), Overland Park KS, 66251October 9, 2014
Pros: great job, good benefits
Maintain Network quality and restore / upgrade as required for all Nortel, Alcatel Lucent and Samsung sites within Sprint's Network.
Fun Place to work
Network System Admin (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 7, 2014
I have learned that there is always plenty of opportunity to learn at this company. Things here change fast. My co-workers are a fun group to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what I have fixed makes a difference.
Good place overall to work.
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee), Plano TexasOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits and salary.
Cons: cons are managable, none to speak of
The position tends to start early and work late due to the nature of the business.

Ericsson Trains well, the weakness is that the training is normally direct or internet and there is not a lot of direct interpersonal training. The expectation is that once your trained, you know it. This is not always the case. Training is a process and learning over – more... time, not just in the moment.

The management and the co-workers all tend to be qualified and capable.

The job tends to be long, schedules are tough and the Budget is sometimes unrealistic and the expectation is to work with what you get and deal with the issues, it is a positive position where decisions are worked out together. I see this a challenge, but one that is manageable through good communications and ways of working.

The job changes each day and sometimes hourly. It is both challenging and rewarding. – less
Introduction to Project Coordination
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: early schedule, hour lunch, sprint discounts
Cons: rude management, false hopes of permanent employment, no benefits, no flexibility in schedules if desired
This job allowed me to tap into the Project Coordination side for IT services. I loved the responsibility and learning the ends and out of organizing a project, imputing ideas, and executing. A work day consisted of going over past due logs for e assessed old service calls to close them out properly or have them reworked. Management was very close because – more... they grew up together but could tend to make jokes that were not appropriate for the work place. At times it seemed as if management would belittle you and make comments that implied behavior for certain races and ethnicities by assumption. The most enjoyable part of the job was our department created a Nerf game to keep the atmosphere light. Eventually the entire office joined in including management. I loved the work schedule because it started early. My team mates were amazing. It was only 6 of us and we were close. We worked closely together to ensure everyone's success and not just our own individual success. We loved shining as a group. This job allowed me the opportunity to see how this field works and I enjoy it. I was hired through a temp agency and was consistently told we would be brought on permanently only to actually be let go once our project was completed. – less

About Ericsson

Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society and is a world leader in communications technology and services. Our – Read more