Ericsson Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Best company in Tech Space... period.
Product Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Career advancement opportunities, innovation drive, culture and work atmosphere.
Cons: Can not think of anything
I worked for a lot of firms throughout my career including some of the Wall Street and Silicon Valley name brands. None of them compare to Ericsson in terms of its culture, dedication to innovation and excellence.

We are talking about the company who defined 99.999 percent on-time as basic operational excellence.

Work-life balance, on-site gym and free fruit is practically the norm but over and beyond it, with Linux for developers and access to newest technologies on site and sharing sessions these guys want me to start coding again.

Advice to job seekers: Apply without reservation, you will be working with some of the smartest engineers in the world.
A very accommodating company but lost in Agile
Mobile device verification (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Flexible work schedule, social, good benefits
Cons: Too many meetings, religious Agile interpretation, too many managers
Ericsson has been transforming from a Telecom company to a software company over the last 10+ years and is struggling to make these 2 worlds meet.
The people working there are talented and friendly (always willing to help you when needed) but struggle to make sense of the message sometimes being sent from management. A lot of this has to do an Agile interpretation that puts conformance above business common sense.
Overall most would agree, a great environment to work in day to day.
ERICSSON is a good place to work and enhance your skills
Solution Architect (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: bad manager
I did my best in Ericsson and delivered many critical projects under stringent time lines, worked on number of pre-sales opportunities and won many deals.
I am very satisfied to see that the solutions that I designed are currently Live in the customers networks
Ericsson Canada is highly volatile place to work, there is a lot of job insecurity and and lot of internal politics by the management.
Great job experience, Fun workplace
Test Environment Professional (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Valuable Experience, Flexible Hours, Team Building Sessions
This job was the perfect place to begin my engineering career. Their mentor-ship program is very successful, and you eventually get to become the mentor yourself. The experience obtained at this job is very valuable, and was applicable in my future experiences.

The work life was also great, and kept me and all my coworkers happy and productive. Your manager and supervisor seemed more like friends, however there was never any slacking around, as the focus of the job was still very clear.
Did not enjoy working at Ericsson.
Customer Product Information Technical Writer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Working from home.
Cons: No guidance whatsoever. No training, either.
In 2010, Nortel's CDMA division was swallowed up by Ericsson. Those of us who survived the transition had our years of service bridged, which was appreciated.

I did not, however, like the culture at Ericsson at all. While my coworkers were great people to work with, I felt that we were nothing more than numbers.

The seating arrangements were horrible...just desks which made any real work that required concentration next to impossible.

My last manager was never really around so the peer review process was pointless.

Would not recommend Ericsson as a place to work.
Work at Ericsson
Senior Hardware Architect (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 12, 2015
Pros: Professional environment, competitive compensation
Cons: Lots of overseas interraction
A professional environment for high performance router development; new company on the router market, having as much competitiveness as Cisco
Lacking of advancing opportunity
software engineer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible in taking vacations
Cons: Long hours; low salary
Too much overhead in working. Very heavy job duty, hard to maintain a balance between work and life, yet salary is not meeting expectation.
HP Outsourcing Project
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), PhilippinesJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Free Pizza
Ericsson is an Outsourcing project and Service Provider of HP all over EAPAC, Europe and North America. Total number of users 700. The IT Operation is to management and support Ericsson site for the Philippines, IT local Support Maintain HP computers, Desktop, Laptops and local assistance to perform network LAN switch and server activities
A open and balanced work place
Software Developer III (Current Employee), OttawaSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: balanced
Cons: not energetic
A typical work day usually starts from a short SCRUM stand-up meeting in which XFT members share what they have done and impediments they have met so that developer can keep in mind of surrounding colleagues are doing and make it efficient to request for support.

Then developers are absorbed into their specific development, including solution design, coding, debug, verification and continuous improvement.

Ericsson provides a perfect working environment where there are a lot of separate meeting rooms in which you can freely discuss issues with colleagues without concerning impact on others.

Afternoon, there are usually some technical seminars or forums which you can freely to join to learn or present your ideas.

Another advantage of Ericsson is its respect culture, which respects employees' idea, interest, diversity and their family lives so that people can keep balance between work and life.
good work culture and management
Network Engineer (Former Employee), new delhiJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: events management and functions
Cons: unexpected work requirements
the working is ericsson ws like a dream come true untill i decided to move on to relocate in canada, every one is friendly and helpful there
Incredible Culture
Senior Solution Integrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great compensation, incredible culture, good chance for promotion, awesome place to work
I've been working at Ericsson for just over three years now and couldn't be happier. Not all days are sunshine and roses, but no job is. Day-to-day activity includes working on SI Integration of CMS, helping test team for Content Ingeation in Lab as well production Environment and working on issues assigned to CMS team on prioirty basis.
One of the difficult parts of the job is dealing situation where delivery get impacted because of some 3PP issue(s).
Terrible company to work for.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Incompetence is rewarded while innovation is ignored and eventually buried.
High level of politics and inter division posturing. Culture promotes spending 12 months debating for what would be a months work, and in the end no decision is made. Frustrating place to work. Incompetence is rewarded while innovation is ignored and eventually buried.
Management is not good
software tester (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 30, 2015
They hired first and they don't have a work to give.Then in a month they fired.Very much slow process.No work ethics.think before joining.
Pay is good but constant layoffs
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Pay
Cons: Layoffs
Good pay, but depending on role, tough travel requirements, and constant layoffs. Used to be a place where one can advance easily, now it is all about making it past the year and keeping your role.
Friendly environment Open to new ideas Career path
Telecom Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2016
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Instability
Love working at Ericsson
Been working in the same place since 2000
Got to travel the world
Direct interaction with end customer
Great Group
GSM Radio Access Network (RAN) Engineer (Former Employee), Dalian, ChinaAugust 17, 2015
As an intern , I really enjoyed the time spent with my colleagues. They were patient and nice to me, treating me as a regular member of them. I have experienced a lot regarding Technical practice, and I acted as an important role in corporate activities as well. The management was very friendly and flexible.
Ericsson is a great place to work
LTE Software Developer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 27, 2016
Ericsson is fun and relaxing place to work. The co-workers are nice and willing to help out. Learning from experienced developers is a huge benefit for me.
Relaxed yet productive working environment
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Athlone, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Worked within a great team under very approachable managers. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and better your professional skill set.
amazing workplace with free fruits and gym
Material Planner (Current Employee), Khartoum, QCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free fruits and gym
Cons: a lot of pressure
checking all the requests coming from project department, i learned to be productive , find quick solutions, manage a lot number of people with different cultures/understanding, work under pressure. now am managing the whole warehouses for Ericsson in Sudan, customs clearance and inventory control, my Co-works is fine with me and help me a lot and they providing any means of support when needed, my hardest part of job is inventory management/control since customer is pushing so hard to be updated on weekly basis, enjoyable thing is to see the satisfaction on customer eyes..
productive, fun work place
System Integrator, IMS CSCF (Current Employee), MOntreal, CAMay 26, 2015
enjoyable,
a place to learn a lot,
long hours sometimes,
mix of cultures,
good co-workers,
gym, nice activities,
very interesting work, work hard - many long hours,
knowledgeable people around