Ericsson Employee Reviews

Friendly and productive work environment
Software and Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day of work would consist of an early meeting with my team to discuss progress on projects and news. Then I would go to a meeting regarding a specific feature being developed. The group consists of different types of engineers all working together to try and get the feature complete. We would discuss obstacles, progress, and upcoming work. The team worked in an agile way; all the work was done concurrently and work load is shared even if it is not specific to your field. I had the chance to work with systems, software, and PV engineers. The rest of the day I would spend programming, testing, and consulting other people.

I learned a lot about software engineering, feature development in large companies, Wi-Fi, and mesh networks.

The hardest part of the job was getting proper instructions and specifications for features. Sometimes my group felt disconnected from the company. Hard time getting set up with the equipment needed for work, a lot of time was wasted unnecessary.

The most enjoyable part of my work was getting to do different tasks, and learning about software development in the industry. I had a chance to work on many diverse projects that I feel have made me a well-rounded individual in regards to software and communication engineering.
Pros
Friendly learning environment, and good coffee!
Cons
At times development is unorganized.
Work Life Balance
Snr. Engr. BO Fulfilment Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Guildford, UKSeptember 16, 2016
A great environment that allows work life balance. Flexible work from home policy and a flat management.
Great work colleagues with diverse knowledge.
Grat room for career growth and structured layed out learning plans.
Productive and fun place where you can grow
Supervisor for New Site (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2016
This job was the perfect place to begin my engineering career. Their mentor-ship program is very successful, and you eventually get to become the mentor yourself. The experience obtained at this job is very valuable, and was applicable in my future experiences.
Good place to learn new things
LTE RAN Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 29, 2016
Pros
Valuable experience
Diverse Company
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 18, 2016
It is a big and diverse company
Unfortunately poor management
Not updated with the trending technologies
Trying to become a software house
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2016
Every day comes with new learning and new challenges
perfect work life balance.
cooperative team and managers.
it provides wonderful platform to grow .
Ericsson is a great place to work.
Acting Manager / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 10, 2016
Ericsson is a great place to work. is an international and very ambitious company. They have a correct and futuristic vision.
excellent opportunities to learn and excel.
Old line telco manufacturer.
Component Architect (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC, Canada (remote)August 3, 2016
Pluses: Family centric management. Good compensation, good benefits. Minuses: Management (IMO) rigid and top heavy; can be slow to take decisions, especially in summer.
International and diverse Company
Senior IBS / Small Cell (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 28, 2016
Pros
health care, Pension, stock purchase plan, diverse
Cons
Global situations will impact the company
Productive and Fun
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2016
The Customer support VP (who is also the managed service COO) in Canada is running the team with fear. Not open for criticism. He's been in that role for years now, he should be transferred to other department so that other Directors or aspirant can lead. The two positions should not be given to the same employee.

Overall, I love and support the strategy of the company.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of trainings for employees, there's a good work/life balance in the company
Cons
Lots of internal politics going on; Some leaders run their teams by fear
Software Designer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 15, 2016
cons: there are a lot of cost cutting year round
There is nothing else that come to mind
You can't force people to talk about the place they desperately are trying to leave
Perfect work life Balance
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
My job is to work on RFP/RFIs released by customers across the globe . The job is quiet challenging but contribute a lot in developing technical and communication skills. In addition ,following are few more benefits of working here :
Provide platform for competence development .
Work life balance
Cooperative teammates
great work life balance
Software Designer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 19, 2016
great work life balance, with good benefits. Work is interesting

Very top heavy workplace (everyone you work with has 15-25 years experience). Hard to move up in the organization.
Great company but sadly no direction
Solution Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2016
Great company to work with - excellent opportunities to learn and excel.
However, heavily over staffed (in BSS/OSS) and top management unable to distinguish between good performance and mediocrity.
Ericsson is a great place to work
LTE Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 27, 2016
Ericsson is fun and relaxing place to work. The co-workers are nice and willing to help out. Learning from experienced developers is a huge benefit for me.
Pay is good but constant layoffs
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
Good pay, but depending on role, tough travel requirements, and constant layoffs. Used to be a place where one can advance easily, now it is all about making it past the year and keeping your role.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Layoffs
Did not enjoy working at Ericsson.
Customer Product Information Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
In 2010, Nortel's CDMA division was swallowed up by Ericsson. Those of us who survived the transition had our years of service bridged, which was appreciated.

I did not, however, like the culture at Ericsson at all. While my coworkers were great people to work with, I felt that we were nothing more than numbers.

The seating arrangements were horrible...just desks which made any real work that required concentration next to impossible.

My last manager was never really around so the peer review process was pointless.

Would not recommend Ericsson as a place to work.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
No guidance whatsoever. No training, either.
Friendly environment Open to new ideas Career path
Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2016
Love working at Ericsson
Been working in the same place since 2000
Got to travel the world
Direct interaction with end customer
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Instability
Relaxed yet productive working environment
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Athlone, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Worked within a great team under very approachable managers. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and better your professional skill set.
very fun and growth
Lead / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Ericsson cares about employees and they develop each person to becom a leader. we enjoy every day at ericsson.
we are well paid and we deliver high quality services