Ericsson Employee Reviews in Canada

Did not enjoy working at Ericsson.
Customer Product Information Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
In 2010, Nortel's CDMA division was swallowed up by Ericsson. Those of us who survived the transition had our years of service bridged, which was appreciated.

I did not, however, like the culture at Ericsson at all. While my coworkers were great people to work with, I felt that we were nothing more than numbers.

The seating arrangements were horrible...just desks which made any real work that required concentration next to impossible.

My last manager was never really around so the peer review process was pointless.

Would not recommend Ericsson as a place to work.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
No guidance whatsoever. No training, either.
A very accommodating company but lost in Agile
Mobile device verification (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 21, 2016
Ericsson has been transforming from a Telecom company to a software company over the last 10+ years and is struggling to make these 2 worlds meet.
The people working there are talented and friendly (always willing to help you when needed) but struggle to make sense of the message sometimes being sent from management. A lot of this has to do an Agile interpretation that puts conformance above business common sense.
Overall most would agree, a great environment to work in day to day.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, social, good benefits
Cons
Too many meetings, religious Agile interpretation, too many managers
ERICSSON is a good place to work and enhance your skills
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 15, 2016
I did my best in Ericsson and delivered many critical projects under stringent time lines, worked on number of pre-sales opportunities and won many deals.
I am very satisfied to see that the solutions that I designed are currently Live in the customers networks
Ericsson Canada is highly volatile place to work, there is a lot of job insecurity and and lot of internal politics by the management.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
bad manager
HP Outsourcing Project
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 10, 2016
Ericsson is an Outsourcing project and Service Provider of HP all over EAPAC, Europe and North America. Total number of users 700. The IT Operation is to management and support Ericsson site for the Philippines, IT local Support Maintain HP computers, Desktop, Laptops and local assistance to perform network LAN switch and server activities
Pros
Free Pizza
Best company in Tech Space... period.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2015
I worked for a lot of firms throughout my career including some of the Wall Street and Silicon Valley name brands. None of them compare to Ericsson in terms of its culture, dedication to innovation and excellence.

We are talking about the company who defined 99.999 percent on-time as basic operational excellence.

Work-life balance, on-site gym and free fruit is practically the norm but over and beyond it, with Linux for developers and access to newest technologies on site and sharing sessions these guys want me to start coding again.

Advice to job seekers: Apply without reservation, you will be working with some of the smartest engineers in the world.
Pros
Career advancement opportunities, innovation drive, culture and work atmosphere.
Cons
Can not think of anything
Great job experience, Fun workplace
Test Environment Professional (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
This job was the perfect place to begin my engineering career. Their mentor-ship program is very successful, and you eventually get to become the mentor yourself. The experience obtained at this job is very valuable, and was applicable in my future experiences.

The work life was also great, and kept me and all my coworkers happy and productive. Your manager and supervisor seemed more like friends, however there was never any slacking around, as the focus of the job was still very clear.
Pros
Valuable Experience, Flexible Hours, Team Building Sessions
great company to work for
ASP Manager NRO&FS Local Delivery Russia (Current Employee) –  EricssonDecember 1, 2015
it's great to work for world leading telecommunication company, learn its processes and collaborate with best in class experts inside the organization, also I appreciate having possibility to closely work with colleagues from other countries acros the globe and learn from them
Pay is good but constant layoffs
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
Good pay, but depending on role, tough travel requirements, and constant layoffs. Used to be a place where one can advance easily, now it is all about making it past the year and keeping your role.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Layoffs
Friendly environment Open to new ideas Career path
Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2016
Love working at Ericsson
Been working in the same place since 2000
Got to travel the world
Direct interaction with end customer
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Instability
good work culture and management
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  new delhiJanuary 11, 2016
the working is ericsson ws like a dream come true untill i decided to move on to relocate in canada, every one is friendly and helpful there
Pros
events management and functions
Cons
unexpected work requirements
Lacking of advancing opportunity
software engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Too much overhead in working. Very heavy job duty, hard to maintain a balance between work and life, yet salary is not meeting expectation.
Pros
Flexible in taking vacations
Cons
Long hours; low salary
Ericsson is a great place to work
LTE Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 27, 2016
Ericsson is fun and relaxing place to work. The co-workers are nice and willing to help out. Learning from experienced developers is a huge benefit for me.
Relaxed yet productive working environment
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Athlone, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Worked within a great team under very approachable managers. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and better your professional skill set.
Terrible company to work for.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 9, 2015
High level of politics and inter division posturing. Culture promotes spending 12 months debating for what would be a months work, and in the end no decision is made. Frustrating place to work. Incompetence is rewarded while innovation is ignored and eventually buried.
Pros
Cons
Incompetence is rewarded while innovation is ignored and eventually buried.
Work at Ericsson
Senior Hardware Architect (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 12, 2015
A professional environment for high performance router development; new company on the router market, having as much competitiveness as Cisco
Pros
Professional environment, competitive compensation
Cons
Lots of overseas interraction
very fun and growth
Lead / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Ericsson cares about employees and they develop each person to becom a leader. we enjoy every day at ericsson.
we are well paid and we deliver high quality services
Satisfactory
Program Manager - Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, PEDecember 8, 2015
Its a great place to work. Excellent and smarts collengues.
Flexible hours as long as you meet your target.
Great training and growths oppurtunities .
Great Group
GSM Radio Access Network (RAN) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dalian, ChinaAugust 17, 2015
As an intern , I really enjoyed the time spent with my colleagues. They were patient and nice to me, treating me as a regular member of them. I have experienced a lot regarding Technical practice, and I acted as an important role in corporate activities as well. The management was very friendly and flexible.
A open and balanced work place
Software Developer III (Current Employee) –  OttawaSeptember 12, 2015
A typical work day usually starts from a short SCRUM stand-up meeting in which XFT members share what they have done and impediments they have met so that developer can keep in mind of surrounding colleagues are doing and make it efficient to request for support.

Then developers are absorbed into their specific development, including solution design, coding, debug, verification and continuous improvement.

Ericsson provides a perfect working environment where there are a lot of separate meeting rooms in which you can freely discuss issues with colleagues without concerning impact on others.

Afternoon, there are usually some technical seminars or forums which you can freely to join to learn or present your ideas.

Another advantage of Ericsson is its respect culture, which respects employees' idea, interest, diversity and their family lives so that people can keep balance between work and life.
Pros
balanced
Cons
not energetic
Short review
License Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 24, 2015
I work on LM project and the job is principally for maintenance of tests and some modification. Planification is good but challenge can be improved.