Ericsson Employee Reviews

Old line telco manufacturer.
Component Architect (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC, Canada (remote)3 August 2016
Pluses: Family centric management. Good compensation, good benefits. Minuses: Management (IMO) rigid and top heavy; can be slow to take decisions, especially in summer.
Perfect work life Balance
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
My job is to work on RFP/RFIs released by customers across the globe . The job is quiet challenging but contribute a lot in developing technical and communication skills. In addition ,following are few more benefits of working here :
Provide platform for competence development .
Work life balance
Cooperative teammates
great work life balance
Software Designer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 May 2016
great work life balance, with good benefits. Work is interesting

Very top heavy workplace (everyone you work with has 15-25 years experience). Hard to move up in the organization.
A very accommodating company but lost in Agile
Mobile device verification (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2016
Ericsson has been transforming from a Telecom company to a software company over the last 10+ years and is struggling to make these 2 worlds meet.
The people working there are talented and friendly (always willing to help you when needed) but struggle to make sense of the message sometimes being sent from management. A lot of this has to do an Agile interpretation that puts conformance above business common sense.
Overall most would agree, a great environment to work in day to day.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, social, good benefits
Cons
Too many meetings, religious Agile interpretation, too many managers
Work Life Balance
Snr. Engr. BO Fulfilment Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Guildford, UK16 September 2016
A great environment that allows work life balance. Flexible work from home policy and a flat management.
Great work colleagues with diverse knowledge.
Grat room for career growth and structured layed out learning plans.
Lacking of advancing opportunity
software engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2016
Too much overhead in working. Very heavy job duty, hard to maintain a balance between work and life, yet salary is not meeting expectation.
Pros
Flexible in taking vacations
Cons
Long hours; low salary
Productive and fun place where you can grow
Supervisor for New Site (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2016
This job was the perfect place to begin my engineering career. Their mentor-ship program is very successful, and you eventually get to become the mentor yourself. The experience obtained at this job is very valuable, and was applicable in my future experiences.
Good place to learn new things
LTE RAN Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2016
Pros
Valuable experience
Exciting Work Place
Solution Consultant - Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
Exciting work Environment, Career mentoring and career progression is great.
Everyday work is challenging and keeps high levels of engagement.

Overall, good company to work for.
Ericsson is a great place to work.
Acting Manager / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2016
Ericsson is a great place to work. is an international and very ambitious company. They have a correct and futuristic vision.
excellent opportunities to learn and excel.
heavily over staffed (in BSS/OSS) and top management unable to distinguish between good performance and mediocrity.
Best company in Tech Space... period.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2015
I worked for a lot of firms throughout my career including some of the Wall Street and Silicon Valley name brands. None of them compare to Ericsson in terms of its culture, dedication to innovation and excellence.

We are talking about the company who defined 99.999 percent on-time as basic operational excellence.

Work-life balance, on-site gym and free fruit is practically the norm but over and beyond it, with Linux for developers and access to newest technologies on site and sharing sessions these guys want me to start coding again.

Advice to job seekers: Apply without reservation, you will be working with some of the smartest engineers in the world.
Pros
Career advancement opportunities, innovation drive, culture and work atmosphere.
Cons
Can not think of anything
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Every day comes with new learning and new challenges
perfect work life balance.
cooperative team and managers.
it provides wonderful platform to grow .
Nice place to work
Senior Cloud Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 November 2016
Nice company with an amazing culture. Ericsson face a challenging situation. Moving to the Cloud will be extremely challenging.
Pros
Great project
Cons
Still very Telco like
Work at Ericsson
Senior Hardware Architect (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA12 November 2015
A professional environment for high performance router development; new company on the router market, having as much competitiveness as Cisco
Pros
Professional environment, competitive compensation
Cons
Lots of overseas interraction
Diverse Company
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 August 2016
It is a big and diverse company
Unfortunately poor management
Not updated with the trending technologies
Trying to become a software house
Friendly and productive work environment
Software and Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON20 September 2016
A typical day of work would consist of an early meeting with my team to discuss progress on projects and news. Then I would go to a meeting regarding a specific feature being developed. The group consists of different types of engineers all working together to try and get the feature complete. We would discuss obstacles, progress, and upcoming work. The team worked in an agile way; all the work was done concurrently and work load is shared even if it is not specific to your field. I had the chance to work with systems, software, and PV engineers. The rest of the day I would spend programming, testing, and consulting other people.

I learned a lot about software engineering, feature development in large companies, Wi-Fi, and mesh networks.

The hardest part of the job was getting proper instructions and specifications for features. Sometimes my group felt disconnected from the company. Hard time getting set up with the equipment needed for work, a lot of time was wasted unnecessary.

The most enjoyable part of my work was getting to do different tasks, and learning about software development in the industry. I had a chance to work on many diverse projects that I feel have made me a well-rounded individual in regards to software and communication engineering.
Pros
Friendly learning environment, and good coffee!
Cons
At times development is unorganized.
Did not enjoy working at Ericsson.
Customer Product Information Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2016
In 2010, Nortel's CDMA division was swallowed up by Ericsson. Those of us who survived the transition had our years of service bridged, which was appreciated.

I did not, however, like the culture at Ericsson at all. While my coworkers were great people to work with, I felt that we were nothing more than numbers.

The seating arrangements were horrible...just desks which made any real work that required concentration next to impossible.

My last manager was never really around so the peer review process was pointless.

Would not recommend Ericsson as a place to work.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
No guidance whatsoever. No training, either.
Good place work
Telecomm System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lagoon City, ON17 October 2016
A typical Day at work begins with a list of To do Activities for the day which will be followed up religiously, after which there is always a meeting with team members
Job Security
Learning Global Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuwait8 November 2016
It was great working with Ericsson for 16+ years. I have learned a lot in this company. Colleagues were like family, and really I will miss them. Managers were like friends
International and diverse Company
Senior IBS / Small Cell (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 July 2016
Pros
health care, Pension, stock purchase plan, diverse
Cons
Global situations will impact the company