What you want to protect the most...we protect the best! At Erb and Erb Insurance Brokers, we are a “people-focused” organization who is dedicated to providing clients with best in class services and products within the insurance and financial services industry. Erb and Erb Insurance is seeking driven individuals to join their team who are energetic, ambitious and thoughtful to advocate for our clients.
The Financial Services Administrator (money products – mutual funds, GICs, life insurance company investment products) will be accountable for a wide variety of administrative support services that contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the Financial Services department. Referencing your financial services expertise you will provide top level service experiences to all new and current Life and Financial Service clients and prospects with respect of all our of Erb and Erb’s Financial Services products, within your licensed authority.
This is a support position based on salary and benefits rather than commission.
RESPONSIBILITIES / JOB DUTIES
Your responsibilities / job duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Work within Erb and Erb’s workflows, practices and procedures to ensure compliance, including compliance with FSCO (Financial Services Commission of Ontario) and our insurer partner guidelines
- Assist and support the producers/advisors selling term deposits, banking products, mutual funds and all types of life insurance products.
- Assist with Financial Service calls from clients, providing prompt, knowledgeable and courteous service and/or advice
- Expedite paperwork and requests from staff and clients promptly and provide documentation, notations and full disclosure of all pertinent information in all tasks
- Complete, maintain and monitor all pending applications from application to completion of commission payment to ensure accuracy of information requested
- Provide administrative assistance to advisors and managers as required
- Maintain non-compliance/confidentiality agreement
- Assisting in portfolio rollover from one dealer to another
- Update window signs with daily interest rates
- Complete the daily banking deposits
- Assist in preparing and updating comprehensive financial maps for current and prospective clients
- Complete semi-annual accounting for employee commissions
- Provide prompt, accurate, and courteous service to clients, sales reps, insurance companies and others regarding accounts
- Ensure that all manuals and other resource material is current and accurate
- Maintain a team environment by fostering clear communications and sharing abilities and talents
- Develop positive and professional working relationships with staff, clients and business contacts
- Keep abreast of changes, trends and new products, within the financial services industry, specifically money products and share knowledge with team
- May be required to occasionally work outside of regular business hours to meet with clients
- Reception coverage during vacations and lunch as required
- Participate in seminars, meetings and courses for knowledge and skills development
- Maintain a high standard of business ethics and values
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or community college diploma in financial planning or equivalent experience preferred
- Mutual Funds License preferred, or willing to acquire
- Life insurance license is an asset but not mandatory and/or willing to acquire
- Mutual Funds Branch manager designation an asset, but not mandatory
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in Financial Services industry focusing on customer service
- Competent working with Word, Excel, Outlook, Freeplane and Google Docs and/or have an aptitude to quickly learn these and other software programs as needed.
- Excellent in oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service experience, the ability to effectively build productive customer relationships, multi-task and prioritize
- Professional appearance and manners
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
If you would like to work in a small client focused environment, and you are committed to exceptional performance and success, please reply with your resume and cover letter including the position title within the subject line.
Erb and Erb Insurance Brokers Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Please visit us at www.erb-erb.com for all your insurance needs!
Indeed - 17 months ago